GothicRefuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gothic refuge a place for goths.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread

Go down 
+23
muratsuki
Apocalypse
endless dark
gloomth
Taraiha
blackorchid
Arkhum
KittyKat
Anthropomorphic
Morella
Symmentha
Kasmira
darkwave_71
GWE
helen damnation
EvilHippyEmperor
Maxmordon
eyvind
PorcelainPirate
Ginger_Snaps
Akasha'sMistake
Nika
idledoll
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2008-07-22

General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 6:44 pm

KittyKat wrote:
Haha! Kas got caughted! Tell her you were practicing for the next Olympic events? Very Happy
Eiderdown Hurdling?
Back to top Go down
Morella
Master
Master

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 3:52 am

It's official. I have non-Hodgkins lymphoma. And no insurance. Whatever happens though, just have to keep going and go forward with the things I had planned. That's what I do.
Back to top Go down
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 4:27 am

Morella i'm so sorry to hear this. Is there any kind of gov assistance you can get to help with cost of your treatment? Do you know what stage it's in? I will keep you in my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch
Akasha'sMistake

Number of posts : 265

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 4:33 am

Ohh Morella I am so sorry hon! As Kas said, you will be in our thoughts... I love you I love you

And speaking of Kas... affraid !
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Master
Master
KittyKat

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 5:47 am

Poor thing, you know you have us here to lean on when you need us
Back to top Go down
Morella
Master
Master

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 6:01 pm

Thanks everyone. I edited out my page-long rant. It's not worth my time trying to figure out why or how this happened. Anyway, I'm trying to see what I can do for insurance. I have no money to pay for any. My parents have no money to keep me on theirs. Right now I'm technically an "able bodied adult" but I'm having no luck finding a job, so I can't get either DirigoHealth or MaineCare. Also can't either of those since technically I'd have to move back home and automatically be listed as a "dependent," though my family has paid none of my expenses at all. God I wish we still lived in Boston. I'd have MassHealth, subpar as it is I'd have something. I'd move back but I have no money to do that either. Go figure.

I'm in Canadialand but being here without residency (I'm illegal for all practical purposes at this point) it's a lot harder to get around the system than some might think. Little things yes. Stuff that takes the medical nuclear weaponry- not so easy. I'm heading back to the states soon. And plotting my next move. Hopefully Los Angeles by next summer. I'm not getting taken out that easily. Not now.
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
Mod
Mod
helen damnation

Number of posts : 168

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 11:09 pm

I've been awake since 3am and in pain pale

I managed to get into the dentist at last only to be told that I have an abscess Sad They have given me antibiotics and won't do anything unless the abscess has gone so I'm sitting here with my cheek stuffed with cotton wool soaked in a solution of baking soda and sea salt. I just feel sick and tired of the whole tooth fiasco and wish I had just bought a shop made shepherds pie instead of making my own Sad
Back to top Go down
gloomth
Master
Master
gloomth

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: I know, I know   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 6:14 am

I havent been around at all. I havent had a free bloody second it seems since mid summer. Which is fine.
I hate to come on and the first thing I do is complain.

The wedding is killing me. ugh So much planning/effort/etc its ridiculous.
I cant wait until its over.

And all the other general exhaustion/anxiety of my current existence.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gloomth.com
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch
Akasha'sMistake

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 12:15 am

gloomth wrote:

Woooah woah woah hold on a second! You are engaged?! Ohh sweetie that is great! (Sorry if I missed the memo-- I didn't know. tongue ) I'm sorry it is stressing you out so much, the planning and such.... but Congrats! Fireworks Heart
Back to top Go down
gloomth
Master
Master
gloomth

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 6:05 pm

Akasha'sMistake wrote:
gloomth wrote:

Woooah woah woah hold on a second! You are engaged?! Ohh sweetie that is great! (Sorry if I missed the memo-- I didn't know. tongue ) I'm sorry it is stressing you out so much, the planning and such.... but Congrats! Fireworks Heart

Aw thanks! Yeah we've been commonlaw for a while now, been "formally" engaged for over a year lol.
Wedding is at the end of october.
Its just exhausting and Im not really one of those women whos all wedding-gleeful, I never thought about what Id like for a wedding before we started planning this one. LOL Razz so its been a bit of a struggle.
Lots of wedding related people, such as the florist, looking at me like Im insane for being so casual about it all.... heh
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Master
Master
KittyKat

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 6:26 pm

I'm with you there. Didn't think about wedding stuff till I was faced with it, Rabbit thought i was odd, he thought most girls had that secret binder under the bed with their dream wedding ideas...then after a few hectic weeks of trying to plan it we looked around and realized we didn't care and put the kibosh on it. Now we're planning to go to Vegas and get married by Elvis.
Back to top Go down
gloomth
Master
Master
gloomth

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 6:30 pm

KittyKat wrote:
I'm with you there. Didn't think about wedding stuff till I was faced with it, Rabbit thought i was odd, he thought most girls had that secret binder under the bed with their dream wedding ideas...then after a few hectic weeks of trying to plan it we looked around and realized we didn't care and put the kibosh on it. Now we're planning to go to Vegas and get married by Elvis.

I wish we'd eloped. So many times we joked about just dashing off somewhere and doing so. Or just grabbing our immediate families only and heading to the court house.

Thats really what we're doing in essence. Its a small wedding in a Victorian mansion in his hometown. 40 people tops, including us. Its still a remarkable amount of pressure/planning. Ill be glad when its overwith.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 3:31 pm

gloomth wrote:
KittyKat wrote:

I wish we'd eloped. So many times we joked about just dashing off somewhere and doing so. Or just grabbing our immediate families only and heading to the court house.

Thats really what we're doing in essence. Its a small wedding in a Victorian mansion in his hometown. 40 people tops, including us. Its still a remarkable amount of pressure/planning. Ill be glad when its overwith.
That's about the same size wedding we had, and there still seemed to be a phenomenal amount of planning requuired.

Oddly enough the venue and the priest were the easiest bits to organise.
(The priest was the chaplain at the hospital where I work, who I get on well with. As chance would have it, our chosen wedding day, 6/6/6 happened to be his wedding anniversary, so he was especially pleased to oblige us)
Back to top Go down
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch
Akasha'sMistake

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 5:31 pm

^Your priest is married? Suspect Not a Roman Catholic priest then, I assume...?
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Master
Master
KittyKat

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 6:29 pm

Christian and Jewish priests/rabbis are allowed...and in fact, encouraged to get married.

It helps to keep their hands off the choir boys.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 6:47 pm

Akasha'sMistake wrote:
^Your priest is married? Suspect Not a Roman Catholic priest then, I assume...?
CofE, my dear. I really like him because he considers it his job to look after all patients and staff of any denomination, and causes an uproar every year when he sections off part of the chapel for the use of muslims during Ramadan.
Back to top Go down
gloomth
Master
Master
gloomth

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 7:22 pm

EvilHippyEmperor wrote:
gloomth wrote:
KittyKat wrote:

That's about the same size wedding we had, and there still seemed to be a phenomenal amount of planning requuired.

Oddly enough the venue and the priest were the easiest bits to organise.
(The priest was the chaplain at the hospital where I work, who I get on well with. As chance would have it, our chosen wedding day, 6/6/6 happened to be his wedding anniversary, so he was especially pleased to oblige us)

We have our officiant, we're doing a nondenominational ceremony as my fiance and I are agnostic at best.
Hes really nice, about 75-80 yrs old, his wife has super long dyed black hair and was wearing a pentacle when we went to meet them. So they seem very open and friendly. Smile

Otherwise its pretty casual. Short ceremony, then lunch. Et voila. People will likely come back to our place after to "party".

The location was super easy to choose. We're big museum nuts and Im a Victorian-nut so it was perfect. Smile
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
Witch
Witch
Maxmordon

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 8:16 pm

KittyKat wrote:
Christian and Jewish priests/rabbis are allowed...and in fact, encouraged to get married.

Hey! no need to get offensive here!
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 11:33 pm

gloomth wrote:
We have our officiant, we're doing a nondenominational ceremony as my fiance and I are agnostic at best.
It is an odd throwback to my upbringing, that despite being a convinced atheist, marrying a pagan, I could not in my heart of hearts accept anything other than a church wedding as properly binding.
(For myself that is, others should do what works for them.)
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 11:36 pm

KittyKat wrote:
By "Christian" I take it you mean protestant? I rather thought that catholics were christians too!
Laughing
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 12:59 am

Maxmordon wrote:
KittyKat wrote:

Hey! no need to get offensive here!
Actually he has a point Kat. The thological arguments for priests' marriage had little to do with choirboys, and homosexual paedophilia is hardly the exclusive preserve of the Roman Catholic church.
Back to top Go down
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch
Akasha'sMistake

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 3:20 am

EvilHippyEmperor wrote:
KittyKat wrote:
By "Christian" I take it you mean protestant? I rather thought that catholics were christians too!
Laughing

Yeah, I was about to say... Nooo they aren't... Suspect Razz

Thanks EHE... was just curious. Smile
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Master
Master
KittyKat

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 6:26 am

I wasn't basing the idea that they get married to protect them from homosexuality...just a snipe at religion in general that apparently got misunderstood as fact and not joke.
And all due respect, I did mean Protestant. I think a lot of Americans (or maybe just Californians) like to clearly separate themselves as Catholic and Christian, as if they were two completely separate things that never rubbed noses with each other and since I've never had to deal with either on a personal level as I was raised by heathens my brain gets muddled on the details.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 2:56 pm

KittyKat wrote:
that apparently got misunderstood as fact and not joke.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that does that!
Laughing
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Master
Master
KittyKat

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 6:36 pm

I have to go back to work today. Boo!

I liked my 2 months off, yet I didn't get anything done I thought I would in that period of time..people kept keeping me busy elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread
Page 5 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next