GothicRefuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gothic refuge a place for goths.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread

Go down 
+23
muratsuki
Apocalypse
endless dark
gloomth
Taraiha
blackorchid
Arkhum
KittyKat
Anthropomorphic
Morella
Symmentha
Kasmira
darkwave_71
GWE
helen damnation
EvilHippyEmperor
Maxmordon
eyvind
PorcelainPirate
Ginger_Snaps
Akasha'sMistake
Nika
idledoll
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
KittyKat
Master
Master
KittyKat

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2008-08-10

General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 7:55 pm

So a co-worker asked if I'd make a few things if she paid me. when asked, she wants me to make bumpers, a quilt, dust ruffles, crib sheets, a diaper organizer and curtains.
"Wow- that's a lot of stuff, how much you think you want to pay me to do this?"
"Oh, I don't know. Does $30 sound good?"

It was everything I had in me not to laugh in her face.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 7:59 pm

Dog Soldier wrote:
Patience is a virtue
I thought it was a card game?
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 8:00 pm

KittyKat wrote:
So a co-worker asked if I'd make a few things if she paid me. when asked, she wants me to make bumpers, a quilt, dust ruffles, crib sheets, a diaper organizer and curtains.

So Kat, when did you become an Indonesian child-labourer?
Back to top Go down
Nika
Master
Master
Nika

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 6:46 am

KittyKat wrote:

I would have laughed in her face.

I've had some people ask my to do custom crochet pieces for them. Once I tally up about how much it would be, they scoff and say they's rather get it a walmart or something.

Seriously hand made stuff is pricey. A basic beanie made from decent yarn with a little decoration would probably be about $30. I figure $15 alone on yarn (that's at roughly $7+ tax, unless they supply it) and about $5 an hour?

Of course I'll teach people for free and then they can make their own damn stuff...
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Master
Master
KittyKat

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 8:44 pm

Ja, they think we can just magically pull this stuff out of our ass for free. I made an offer for $60 (She is paying for all the fabric) plus lots of beer and SHE has to cut everything out before she brings it over =) And she's still getting a killer deal.
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Master
Master
KittyKat

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 7:19 pm

Clearwire stopped taking payments from our account and turned off our Internet *shrugs* dunno why. Haven't had time to screw with it. I would start with a new company but I just had to spend $300 on a new phone plan and buying a new phone when I dropped mine in the toilet! LOL.

Kas- I have unlimited texting now, but I can't get your number out of my old phone! Poke at me so I can save your number =) I have a few more things to pick up for your package and it'll be in the mail soon- damn our store for getting TONS of cupcake stuff in!

I miss having the internet but I'm actually getting stuff done around the house I always neglected to do when I was on the computer. =)
Back to top Go down
muratsuki
Master
Master
muratsuki

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 8:38 pm

My comp is mostly dead, until I can find a way to fix it. I might attempt to take out the slave here tonight. Here's hopping I don't make things worse!

My windshield wipers don't work (something wrong with the wiring maybe) and I moved a place that likes to rain a lot more. It makes driving.... interesting.

I am on count down at work... If I cant figure out how to get better , other then blowing people off (which I can't bring my self to do as I care too much), I'm out of a job most likely. I don't know what to do.

On a good note. It's really nice out today!
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
Witch
Witch
Maxmordon

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 6:40 am

Mom's back with her decade-long boyfriend. No matter how she kicked out of the house because he arrived drunk (after disappearing for two days) and hit her with a glass portrait after he suspected she hide the carkeys nor how he insulted her and my dad in middle of my prom party. He writes her a fucking poem and everything's dandy.
Back to top Go down
Nika
Master
Master
Nika

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 8:13 am

Hugs for everyone feeling a bit down! General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 9 Angelstar-kaos003
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 11:55 am

Maxmordon wrote:
Mom's back with her decade-long boyfriend. No matter how she kicked out of the house because he arrived drunk (after disappearing for two days) and hit her with a glass portrait after he suspected she hide the carkeys nor how he insulted her and my dad in middle of my prom party. He writes her a fucking poem and everything's dandy.
Matters of the heart seldom make sense, but it really does sound like she is better off without this guy. Unfortunately no-one can make her see that, she has to realise it for herself.
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
Witch
Witch
Maxmordon

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 6:40 pm

EvilHippyEmperor wrote:
Maxmordon wrote:
Matters of the heart seldom make sense, but it really does sound like she is better off without this guy. Unfortunately no-one can make her see that, she has to realise it for herself.

She's depedent on him, she feels she needs a handyman for doing some "man works"
Back to top Go down
Nika
Master
Master
Nika

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:14 pm

So our computers should be done. Mine is. However everything that could have gone wrong with my husband's has...

First case was too small for the video card. Second case arrived broken. Third case is now fine. Got it to post, installed windows, installed drivers, got the games back on it, transferred most files on it... and then it shut off. Pressed the power button.... fans get power for one sec, and the system shuts down... wtf? over heating? Nope. Warm but nothing that should cause it to shut down like that. So we let it sit for a bit, in case that's what it was. unplug power supply from wall, hit the switch. Plug back in, hit the switch. Press power button, and... nothing. Again fans go for literally one sec, despite the mobo stand by light being on. Obviously there is power, and the voltage is not to blame. Nothing short circuted, no blown capacitors, RAM is fine, everything is fine. It was just working! Still we dismantle the possible culprits and look. still nothing... Took parts form my comp and plugged them in. Turns out it was indeed the power supply and that appearently a power supply can partially fail. Yeah, that makes sense now, lol. But through numerous troubleshooting on a ton of websites, I never saw this. My tech buddies have never seen this/heard of this. Chatted with the power supply's manufacturer and they're sending us a new one, so it's all good, but my poor hubby is all sad. I've had my new comp for over a week, and his seems already have a personal vendetta with him....
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:45 am

Nika wrote:
I've had my new comp for over a week, and his seems already have a personal vendetta with him....
As I've said before: We may not yet have achieved artificial intelligence, but we certainly have artificial malice!
Back to top Go down
endless dark
Master
Master
endless dark

Number of posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 6:42 pm

not postin this on TDR, dont want Cyn to worry more than she is already...

I have a sick cat, he's really not doing good. Of coarse with me being me I'm trying to play it off with it being a tooth abscess or something the vet could simply give him a pill for but I think its something else, something bigger... I'm spending the day cleaning a bunch of stuff I dont want or need so I can sell it and get him to the vet...

Also, Would you guys mind swinging by TDR some time and give some feed back, post around, say hello or something, just give it some of that good old GB feel again? I know more than a few of us there would like it if you'd come by when you have a minute.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 12:37 pm

endless dark wrote:
not postin this on TDR, dont want Cyn to worry more than she is already...

I have a sick cat, he's really not doing good. Of coarse with me being me I'm trying to play it off with it being a tooth abscess or something the vet could simply give him a pill for but I think its something else, something bigger... I'm spending the day cleaning a bunch of stuff I dont want or need so I can sell it and get him to the vet...
Hi Endless. I'm sorry to hear about the cat. What do you think may be wrong with him?

Do you have an equivalent to the [/quote]PDSA where you live?

endless dark wrote:

Also, Would you guys mind swinging by TDR some time and give some feed back, post around, say hello or something, just give it some of that good old GB feel again? I know more than a few of us there would like it if you'd come by when you have a minute.
Oh I see, trying to poach our members are you? Evil or Very Mad

Wink
Back to top Go down
PorcelainPirate
Witch
Witch
PorcelainPirate

Number of posts : 265

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 3:09 pm

Pffft, we're too stubborn for that, EHE. Endless you guys should come over here instead Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 3:52 pm

Well i got bored yesterday and posted on your forum endless. Though you dont lack for topics i sure didnt have much to add. Most of the stuff seems to be game topics and I'm not that into those it seems.

Begin rant/

I sent Jon a text last night before going to bed to ask him to put The Spawns clothes in the dryer. He forgot again just like last time. And when i asked him and reminded him that he forgot the last time he got mad at me and got this huge attitude about it. Only to come home and completely forget AGAIN. Really sometimes i don't know why I'm married. He works 13+ hours a day only to come home and do more work here. He is never home when the kids are and he can never remember to help me out when i need something. I'm always asking my friends or family to help me with stuff when i should be able to ask him. I just wonder whats the point of being married when we live like this?
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 10:59 am

Kasmira wrote:
I sent Jon a text last night before going to bed to ask him to put The Spawns clothes in the dryer. He forgot again just like last time. And when i asked him and reminded him that he forgot the last time he got mad at me and got this huge attitude about it. Only to come home and completely forget AGAIN. Really sometimes i don't know why I'm married. He works 13+ hours a day only to come home and do more work here. He is never home when the kids are and he can never remember to help me out when i need something. I'm always asking my friends or family to help me with stuff when i should be able to ask him. I just wonder whats the point of being married when we live like this?
Perhaps the fault lies not with his marriage, but with his home. The guy is pulling stupidly long hours to provide for his family, and probably feels permanently tired and punch-drunk. I am not surprised he is slipping up at home, I'd be going up the wall spending that much time thinking of work.

It is not easy finding another job, and it is worse now than ever, but perhaps that is what is at the root of any disharmony.
Back to top Go down
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 4:34 pm

EvilHippyEmperor wrote:

Perhaps the fault lies not with his marriage, but with his home. The guy is pulling stupidly long hours to provide for his family, and probably feels permanently tired and punch-drunk. I am not surprised he is slipping up at home, I'd be going up the wall spending that much time thinking of work.

It is not easy finding another job, and it is worse now than ever, but perhaps that is what is at the root of any disharmony.

Right, i should just be gratefull for what time he is with us and stop bitching i guess.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 5:37 pm

Kasmira wrote:
EvilHippyEmperor wrote:

Right, i should just be gratefull for what time he is with us and stop bitching i guess.
Somehow I can't see you as the simpering little wifey type, my dear!
Laughing

Your situation isn't ideal, and I am sure it is putting a strain on both of you. What you have to remember is it is a problem caused outside your relationship, and try not to allow it to come between you.

Or failing that you can try single combat with stale baguettes to decide who has to load the dryer...
Back to top Go down
PorcelainPirate
Witch
Witch
PorcelainPirate

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 10:55 pm

EvilHippyEmperor wrote:
Or failing that you can try single combat with stale baguettes to decide who has to load the dryer...

I wholeheartedly endorse this approach.
Back to top Go down
PorcelainPirate
Witch
Witch
PorcelainPirate

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 7:24 pm

So, on my training for this awesome new job, I noticed that my new boss was telling me question-dodge in calls to customers. A little disconcerting, but I as out to impress, so I let the matter drop.

I was later told to outright lie to another customer, and so I brought up the issue, in a calm manner, hoping for a reasonable explanation. I'm not willing to ignore the fact that I'm expected to lie.

The response I got was one about how I clearly don't reflect the company's values, and that they would not continue training me. This leaves me most royally screwed.

In addition, Nick's being something of an ass and at this point I'm very doubtful that things will continue between us. Also, my friends have dropped off the face of the Earth, it's looking like I'll be moving in with my parents, and I have a constant headache which I can't get rid of.
Back to top Go down
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

Number of posts : 439

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 9:17 pm

Well, the situation sucks, but I'd take it as a compliment if I didn't reflect those kinds of values.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorteapots.com
PorcelainPirate
Witch
Witch
PorcelainPirate

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 12:33 am

It's official, Nick and I are no longer together. We talked it through tonight.

Time will tell what happens from here, I guess.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 12:55 am

We'll open a bottle or two, my dear. Whether in commiseration or celebration we will decide later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread
Page 9 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next