GothicRefuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gothic refuge a place for goths.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread

Go down 
+23
muratsuki
Apocalypse
endless dark
gloomth
Taraiha
blackorchid
Arkhum
KittyKat
Anthropomorphic
Morella
Symmentha
Kasmira
darkwave_71
GWE
helen damnation
EvilHippyEmperor
Maxmordon
eyvind
PorcelainPirate
Ginger_Snaps
Akasha'sMistake
Nika
idledoll
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2008-07-22

General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 11:04 am

PorcelainPirate wrote:
So, on my training for this awesome new job, I noticed that my new boss was telling me question-dodge in calls to customers. A little disconcerting, but I as out to impress, so I let the matter drop.

I was later told to outright lie to another customer, and so I brought up the issue, in a calm manner, hoping for a reasonable explanation. I'm not willing to ignore the fact that I'm expected to lie.

The response I got was one about how I clearly don't reflect the company's values, and that they would not continue training me. This leaves me most royally screwed.
I suspect mirrors don't reflect their company values, nor most of their management.

You have honesty and self respect, my dear, and whilst I appreciate they are difficult to buy a meal with, they matter far more in the long run.
Back to top Go down
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 6:33 pm

PorcelainPirate wrote:
Time will tell what happens from here, I guess.

I hesitate to say "sorry to hear." Who knows what will be good or bad in hindsight?

I'll just say I hope it all works out for the best.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorteapots.com
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch
Akasha'sMistake

Number of posts : 265

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 7:44 am

EvilHippyEmperor wrote:
PorcelainPirate wrote:
So, on my training for this awesome new job, I noticed that my new boss was telling me question-dodge in calls to customers. A little disconcerting, but I as out to impress, so I let the matter drop.

I was later told to outright lie to another customer, and so I brought up the issue, in a calm manner, hoping for a reasonable explanation. I'm not willing to ignore the fact that I'm expected to lie.

The response I got was one about how I clearly don't reflect the company's values, and that they would not continue training me. This leaves me most royally screwed.
I suspect mirrors don't reflect their company values, nor most of their management.

You have honesty and self respect, my dear, and whilst I appreciate they are difficult to buy a meal with, they matter far more in the long run.

For the best, for sure... A cliched response, I know, but it's true... better to keep your virtues in tact than sell your soul to corporate hell.

I also want to offer my sincerest girl-hug, in regards to the breakup... As you said, time will tell. Who knows. Keep your chin up, love. Heart cheers
Back to top Go down
endless dark
Master
Master
endless dark

Number of posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 8:03 pm

EvilHippyEmperor wrote:
endless dark wrote:
not postin this on TDR, dont want Cyn to worry more than she is already...

I have a sick cat, he's really not doing good. Of coarse with me being me I'm trying to play it off with it being a tooth abscess or something the vet could simply give him a pill for but I think its something else, something bigger... I'm spending the day cleaning a bunch of stuff I dont want or need so I can sell it and get him to the vet...
Hi Endless. I'm sorry to hear about the cat. What do you think may be wrong with him?

Do you have an equivalent to the PDSA where you live?

No, all the vets around here have to be paid for, it would be great if there was something like that around here but with no way for it to make money outside of donations I don't see it happening...

when that was posted he had some kind of a hole in the roof of his mouth, it kind of looked like his mouth was starting to fall apart or something. Got him to the vet but didn't have the money to pay for everything to be done, it would have costed a little over 300$. So basicly they gave about 3-4 things it might be and we're just to wait until the first and see what happens... Now he's getting skinny and VERY picky what he eats, I have to blender everything to stop him from choking. Got a look last night at it and its worse, a lot worse. whatever it is has moved across the roof of his mouth up the cheek bone area and I think I saw behind the eye, I dont see a happy ending coming when we bring him back on the first...
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 12:55 pm

endless dark wrote:
EvilHippyEmperor wrote:
endless dark wrote:
not postin this on TDR, dont want Cyn to worry more than she is already...

I have a sick cat, he's really not doing good. Of coarse with me being me I'm trying to play it off with it being a tooth abscess or something the vet could simply give him a pill for but I think its something else, something bigger... I'm spending the day cleaning a bunch of stuff I dont want or need so I can sell it and get him to the vet...
Hi Endless. I'm sorry to hear about the cat. What do you think may be wrong with him?

Do you have an equivalent to the PDSA where you live?

No, all the vets around here have to be paid for, it would be great if there was something like that around here but with no way for it to make money outside of donations I don't see it happening...

when that was posted he had some kind of a hole in the roof of his mouth, it kind of looked like his mouth was starting to fall apart or something. Got him to the vet but didn't have the money to pay for everything to be done, it would have costed a little over 300$. So basicly they gave about 3-4 things it might be and we're just to wait until the first and see what happens... Now he's getting skinny and VERY picky what he eats, I have to blender everything to stop him from choking. Got a look last night at it and its worse, a lot worse. whatever it is has moved across the roof of his mouth up the cheek bone area and I think I saw behind the eye, I dont see a happy ending coming when we bring him back on the first...
I hate to be the one that says this, but I think you really have to consider whether it is kinder to keep him alive, or to help put an end to his suffering. It is a hard and horrible choice, but he may need you to be strong, and do what he cannot ask for himself.
I hope, I really do, that things will have improved by the 1st, but to be honest, that sounds very unlikely from what you have said.
If he is not going to improve then it is will be up to you, as his friend, to at least give him the kindness of a peaceful end in the arms of someone who loves him.

I am so very sorry for you, my friend.
Back to top Go down
endless dark
Master
Master
endless dark

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 5:50 pm

EvilHippyEmperor wrote:

I hate to be the one that says this, but I think you really have to consider whether it is kinder to keep him alive, or to help put an end to his suffering. It is a hard and horrible choice, but he may need you to be strong, and do what he cannot ask for himself.
I hope, I really do, that things will have improved by the 1st, but to be honest, that sounds very unlikely from what you have said.
If he is not going to improve then it is will be up to you, as his friend, to at least give him the kindness of a peaceful end in the arms of someone who loves him.

I am so very sorry for you, my friend.

thanks you...

I know, thats pretty much why I said I didn't see a "happy ending" on the first. Its because I already know whats coming, and going...
Back to top Go down
Nika
Master
Master
Nika

Number of posts : 103

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 5:13 pm

I would really love a good night's sleep. No more insomnia, no more coughing fits, no more waking up early for overtime, and no more eczema to itch all night. It's become so hard to do something so simple, and so necessary. I can't seem to get more than 5 hours a night and need at least 8, and if it's not one thing it's another. I just want to be able to sleep.
Back to top Go down
PorcelainPirate
Witch
Witch
PorcelainPirate

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 7:21 am

AAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

That is all. Sad
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 9:55 pm

You always did have a way with words.
Back to top Go down
Dog Soldier
Mod
Mod
Dog Soldier

Number of posts : 62

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 9:47 pm

Akasha'sMistake wrote:
I buggered Endless to death in the Smiley thread...

That explains the funny walk..!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rjhdesign.com
endless dark
Master
Master
endless dark

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 11:44 pm

Dog Soldier wrote:
Akasha'sMistake wrote:
I buggered Endless to death in the Smiley thread...

That explains the funny walk..!

Reading that literaly had me laghing for about five minutes at least Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dog Soldier
Mod
Mod
Dog Soldier

Number of posts : 62

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 12:37 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rjhdesign.com
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 6:47 am

Caesar our American Eskimo bit Isabellas friend today. I don't let the kids play with the dogs unless I'm right there with them. So i opened the dog yard and we all went in. Caesar was sitting at my feet and she was standing next to me. She wasn't touching him or anything and he just turned and jumped up and bit her side. He broke the skin but it wasn't freely bleeding or anything. I yelled at him and he let go and sat back down at my feet like nothing had happened. So i took her home and left her with her older sister (mom was out). I called a little later and talked to mom who sounded worried (as she should be) but she hasn't called me back or anything. He has snapped at kids before for grabbing at him but he has never really bitten anyone before. I told Jon that we need to find him a new home. Someone with no kids would be best for him i think. I don't trust him around the kids anymore. I just hope we don't have to put him down.

I'm sick over it. Isabella is crying cuz she doesn't to give him up. I'm worried about the little girl and what her moms going to do. My stress is over the top.

Sucks.
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Master
Master
KittyKat

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 12:00 am

That's odd, Eskies are usually very mellow and uber friendly (I've had two and three eskie mixes- all goobers except for Dolly who HATED kids). You got one of the weird ones apparently. Look to see if there is a dog placement program in your area. We have some programs around here tht will take dogs in and place them with apropriate families. We actually have to do that with a dog we found a few months ago I can't keep.

Maybe he was feeling a little protective? Either way it would probably be best to remove him from the kids incase he starts to get even more wiggy.

Oh and Kassypoo, still haven't sent that box. I'm a bad bad kat and I feel super retarded since our warehouse work area is next door to the post office =P
Back to top Go down
Taraiha
Witch
Witch
Taraiha

Number of posts : 332

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 9:07 pm

Just a thought.... could anyone who was there be pregnant? When I was little our Jack Russell suddenly got really snappy and started going for people unprevoked and they found out a few weeks later my mum was pregnant with my sister. Apparently dogs are known for sensing these things because of subtle scent changes, which puts them into protective mode.
Back to top Go down
http://rhomany.org.uk
KittyKat
Master
Master
KittyKat

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 2:49 am

HA! Kassy doing some cooking outside of your cupcakes?

Heh, I've felt like poo the past week or so so I took a PG test, which came back negative wich is both a bummer and a relief. I was kinda hoping a positive responce would explain this low grade queesy crude I'm dealing with.
Back to top Go down
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 4:43 am

The city came and picked him up Sad We where going to try to find a new home for him. But now we have to put him down after my court date. I know we cant have him with us (the kids are a good bit scared of him) but i didn't want to have to put him down as he has never bitten anyone before.

Pregnant, not that i know of. The girls are both almost 9 and as far as i know I'm not.
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Master
Master
KittyKat

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 9:47 pm

Finally had to give the stray dog I rescued to the shelter. He was a big love but needed too much time and aqttention and we have very little to spare. And as a cosmic joke the gods moved a female cat onto our back porch who quickly became pregnant so I moved her into the house, which she is not happy aout, and have a litter o kittens coming any day now that I'll have to raise and ween then give the whole lot (minus one cute furry or so I'm sure) to the shelter.....

Sorry to hear about the dog Kas. It's always hard to give up part of the family.
Back to top Go down
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 11:55 pm

Well everything is over with for him now. He has lost most of his eye sight which could have caused him to bite. But he cant be placed with another family so the judge said we have to put him down. It sucks but there really isn't anything i can do at this point. I haven't got the money to appeal the ruling. So we have to put about $300 into court cost and all that. But my "brother" Adam's girlfriend needs a sitter for her 2 little ones. So I'm gonna watch them and bring in a bit of cash so that's a plus. I could use the money and it will give Ivan someone to play with this summer as Isabella already has a lot of activities.
Back to top Go down
PorcelainPirate
Witch
Witch
PorcelainPirate

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 7:50 pm

I think the world may be out to get me.
Back to top Go down
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 5:44 pm

There's a girl who knows her Brother's Grimm.
Back to top Go down
nsanelilmunky
Master
Master
nsanelilmunky

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-05-26

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 5:06 am

I'm sunburnt and my title says spammer. Food
Back to top Go down
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 11:19 am

With only 3 posts so far, it's no wonder you're sunburned!

Wait, does that follow?
Back to top Go down
nsanelilmunky
Master
Master
nsanelilmunky

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-05-26

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 12:06 pm

I have no idea....

I'll pave some yellow bricks and we'll see where it takes us.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:38 pm

PorcelainPirate wrote:
I think the world may be out to get me.
EHE to control: Subject is beginning to suspect our operation...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread
Page 10 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next