GothicRefuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gothic refuge a place for goths.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread

Go down 
+23
muratsuki
Apocalypse
endless dark
gloomth
Taraiha
blackorchid
Arkhum
KittyKat
Anthropomorphic
Morella
Symmentha
Kasmira
darkwave_71
GWE
helen damnation
EvilHippyEmperor
Maxmordon
eyvind
PorcelainPirate
Ginger_Snaps
Akasha'sMistake
Nika
idledoll
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
eyvind
Master
Master

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-07-22

General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 3:07 am

kinda funny when I search for Endless' gothic site I cannot find it on google or any search engine, but when I search for this gothic site I find it right away! Smile
Back to top Go down
endless dark
Master
Master
endless dark

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 6:10 am

eyvind wrote:
kinda funny when I search for Endless' gothic site I cannot find it on google or any search engine, but when I search for this gothic site I find it right away! Smile
did you try to google endless013 because you will find it, infact you will find the Forums, my youtube and just about everything else I use the name endless013 on. In all actuallity the google suggestions will even help you finish it Wink you just have to know what term to search
Back to top Go down
eyvind
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 8:02 am

thanks,

Last edited by eyvind on Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
eyvind
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 8:34 am

I had to wait for hours at the DMV
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
Witch
Witch
Maxmordon

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 4:32 am

Grandpa went to take a walk without telling us, so I was with my uncle around the neighborhood seeking for him. He is almost 80, almost blind and a bit senile (well, more than a bit)

Turns out he was visiting his family from his first marriage on the neighboring town.
Back to top Go down
Nika
Master
Master
Nika

Number of posts : 103

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 8:11 am

I hate vacations that make me need another vacation. I suppose that I can't really consider it a vacation... friend had a wedding that I was in. I had no issue with that and was honored to be a bridesmaid.

Sucky part was that I had a very limited amount of time to do the trip. 12 hour drive there, and another 12 back. stayed with my parents, but only got to see them briefly between them working and me and hubby going to wedding events. His mother, of course, gets offended that we didn't stay with her, even though the wedding and ALL the events were in the same town as my parents and not an hour away in her town... Then she guilt trips us into spending an afternoon with her after we had already told her that we planned on visiting with her on another day and spending that whole day with her. But she felt that since we were staying with my parents, we didn't care about his side of the family.... (in the end we spent more time with his side of the fanily than my own, I don't care, cause my parents at least understood that we were only there for the wedding. staying with them was conventient, and seeing them was an added bonus, even if it was for only 2 meals....) The day that we actually planned on going to spend with them was rather frustrating. We were going to pack up the truck, grab some breakfast and head down there. We do these things, and right as we are about to get on the highway, she calls and says "oh, we decided to go visit some family members where you guys are! We just arrived here!" WTF? calling us when you arrive? Why not as you decided to change the plans (which had to have been at minimum an hour ago).... *facepalm* So... we head to my husbands aunt and uncles house... and watched them all watch the football game... yay... and then we got to go all the way back the their place.... *sigh* So the whole 'let's spend a day with you guys' turned into us watching them watch football, and then them dashing off to bed.

I've had roughly 5 or less hours of sleep each night for a week now, cause we had so much going on, and didn't want anyone (aka his mom) to be offended. It is good to be home again though...
Back to top Go down
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 3:38 pm

Your MIL and mine could get together and chat about the best guilt inducing methods. I really cant stand Mr.Ripps mom, sister, grandmother sometimes (most of the time) They do that kind of crap all the time. At least your nice about it. After 10 years and having two kids i pretty much tell them to bite it if they start up there crap. Sorry you had such stressful trip.

Nika wrote:
I hate vacations that make me need another vacation. I suppose that I can't really consider it a vacation... friend had a wedding that I was in. I had no issue with that and was honored to be a bridesmaid.

Sucky part was that I had a very limited amount of time to do the trip. 12 hour drive there, and another 12 back. stayed with my parents, but only got to see them briefly between them working and me and hubby going to wedding events. His mother, of course, gets offended that we didn't stay with her, even though the wedding and ALL the events were in the same town as my parents and not an hour away in her town......
Back to top Go down
Nika
Master
Master
Nika

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 5:15 pm

Kasmira wrote:
Your MIL and mine could get together and chat about the best guilt inducing methods. I really cant stand Mr.Ripps mom, sister, grandmother sometimes (most of the time) They do that kind of crap all the time. At least your nice about it. After 10 years and having two kids i pretty much tell them to bite it if they start up there crap. Sorry you had such stressful trip.

She can be wonderful at times, don't get me wrong.... it's just that if she feels that she's not getting enough time with us/gets jealous/thinks she's being left out of anything/wants something different than was is currently happening... she does this type of crap. *sigh* oh well, i can't change her and it's in the past now.

I'm going to go have a lovely cup of the Osmanthus mao jian tea my mom bought me....
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Master
Master
KittyKat

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 4:34 am

I haven't been on in a few days and will be on speraticaly for awhile tilol all my affairs are in order...and I* can get a new mouse.

We had our house broken into Tuesday morning while we were sleeping. Rabbit waws asleep on the couch till agbout 3:30 when he crawled into bedan I woke up about 4:40 and wandered out to get a drink of water only to realize our window was wide open sans screen and the computer gone (the table is by the window) THe guys must have heard me talking to the cat who is an outside cat- asking him how he got inside because I found the computer in the driveway by the car along with one of my purses I switch back nd forth with. WHile we were taking in what was gone we noticed the TV, my bass guitar, our brand new printer/fax/scanner combo, digital camera, portable DVD player..and most importantly MY PURSE gone. I had my house, car and work keys in there, my cell phone, wallet with my debit card a blank check my ID, SS card AND London's SS card and all my Medi-cal application paperwork. It's devistation and scary bto realize there were people in our house, while we were home, and how much stuff they got away with and that they could be back anytime to try and get more. I'm lucky I didn't actually walk in on them or that they didn't sneek up on us while we slept.

I've emptied out my bank account buying extra locks for all the windows, replacing all the deadbolts and instaling a car alarm.
So yeah, we were able to hook our computer back up but the fuckers also took the wireless mouse and must of had it in their pocket or something so it's gone...really hard to use the computer when you don't have a mouse. Grr.

I'm really tired of life kicking me in the face. It needs to stop now.
Back to top Go down
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 6:40 am

KittyKat wrote:

I'm really tired of life kicking me in the face. It needs to stop now.

I already posted to your myspace BUT. I say kick lifes ass man. Just put your zebra print boots right up in its crack. Couldnt hurt Smile
Back to top Go down
Apocalypse
Master
Master
Apocalypse

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 7:15 am

Not only was the season premiere of the Simpsons disappointing but it was just offensive for the first seven minutes. For more than a decade I've committed myself to the idea that I am just American and not half Irish/half Mexican. I don't use the phrase "my people" unless I'm talking about other Americans, from time to time. With all of this in mind though tonight I reached my limit of Irish bashing. We have reached a point in society where even though racism, sexism, and the like still exist it's broadly discouraged and frowned upon...yet for some reason it's still o.k. to beat up on the Irish. I don't get it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/apocalypsenotquiteyet
Maxmordon
Witch
Witch
Maxmordon

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 11:11 am

I think they do it since is one of the last ethnical targets still allowed, since if they mock Asians, African-Americans, Jews and in a lesser extend Latinos it's a big no-no, but is fine take a few cheap laughs to the Emerald Island since they are also white and European, so no protests nor being called racism.
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Master
Master
KittyKat

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 11:04 pm

Oh, I think I forgot to mention that my cat got out through the kitchen window (apparently she learned to jump on the sink the same night) and may possibly be preggies- gah, I was going to get her fixed but with everyting else that happened it kind of fell by the wayside. Opps- guess we'll find out in a few weeks.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Number of posts : 764

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 3:34 pm

Apocalypse wrote:
Not only was the season premiere of the Simpsons disappointing but it was just offensive for the first seven minutes. For more than a decade I've committed myself to the idea that I am just American and not half Irish/half Mexican. I don't use the phrase "my people" unless I'm talking about other Americans, from time to time. With all of this in mind though tonight I reached my limit of Irish bashing. We have reached a point in society where even though racism, sexism, and the like still exist it's broadly discouraged and frowned upon...yet for some reason it's still o.k. to beat up on the Irish. I don't get it?
Mocking the Irish is offensive, ridiculous, and utterly pointless... that's what we've got the French for.
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
Witch
Witch
Maxmordon

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 10:05 pm

I can't hear through my left ear... gah! I woke up with this, it's awful...
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Master
Master
Ginger_Snaps

Number of posts : 184

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 7:07 am

My mum had something similar to your problem. What happened with her was that the fluid behind her ear drum hardened and it not only caused a loss in hearing but pain too.
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
Witch
Witch
Maxmordon

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 11:05 am

A doctor told me that is not unusual to me to produce too much earwax or I suspect could be an infection (that it wouldn't be unusual since it always hit me when I have a cold, like right now)
Back to top Go down
Symmentha
Master
Master

Number of posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 10:58 am

I dunno if Im overreacting or not, (im tired, which always makes me cranky and highly strung) but..

Erk, there is an entire back story. Basically my best friend started coming to church with me 2 weeks ago. They hold a camp each year, that they needed volunteers for, which i couldnt do, because of work, but she could, so she volunteered along with my sister who has never gone. Its a three day camp and today is the second day. I got home from work a few hours ago, and have basically been sitting here waiting for them to get home. (friend gave sister a lift) They just did, my sister changed, and then they left again, without so much as a hello. Now I feel completely rejected and upset. Yesterday they got home, picked me up, and we went out .. but I had to work early so after refusing to drop me off for a while, my friend finally got cranky, and dropped me home.. and left with my sister. I was a little annoyed then, (especially since it was 10:30 and I had to work at 6) but now Im just upset.
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
Witch
Witch
Maxmordon

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 5:43 pm

I have yet again an ear infection and the meds aren't doing much; yes, they take the pain away but doesn't reduce the swollen
Back to top Go down
Symmentha
Master
Master

Number of posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 5:21 am

Hmm well it all turned out well anyhow. I ended up going out with a better friend (by better I mean nicer, better for me, always makes me feel good) and we got home at a decent hour. I wouldve gotten a great nights sleep except my sister came home late, and woke me. Ive yet to find out what they were doing though.
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Master
Master
KittyKat

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 6:23 am

My kitten hasn't talked to me since I gave her a bath last night. Not my fault she smelled like catbox
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Master
Master
Ginger_Snaps

Number of posts : 184

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 2:30 am

She'll get over it.
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Master
Master
KittyKat

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 7:44 pm

So I guess a day or two before I had to stop working and go into hospital I sold some woman like half a yard of the WRONG interfacing. Oh, horror of horrors- like no one's ever done that before. I wouldn't have intentionally sold her the wrong stuff, I usually try to give them the right kind for what they describe to me...and I don't force someone to buy something- they agreed to buy it otherwise we wouldn't have their money. So, yeah, $3 purchase- got it?

I'm in the middle of helping a customer when these two ladies walk into the store. One stops me in mid sentence to ask where Chris, my manager, is. "Sorry ma'am, she's not here today. How can I help you?"

"What! What do you mean she's not here today! She's the manager, isn't she always supposed to be here?"

"She works shifts just like the other employees and is aloud to have days off..this would be one of them." (I'm a smartass, I admit that, but I wasn't trying to be a smartass, I was speaking logically here with a smile because I have no idea what's going on)

She asked when Chris next worked and I told her I was sorry but we can't give out other employees schedules. She gets super pissed and starts to yell at me, "You know how many times I've come down here looking for her and she's never here! Wasting my time and my gas!"
So I made the mistake of saying, "Maybe you should call next time to make sure she's here so you don't have to waste another trip?" That's when she decided she really hated me and her and her friend storm off to the other side of the store saying how rude I'm being before she turns around and asks if there is another manager she can talk to. "I'm the assistant manager, how can I help you?" (meanwhile my customer I was helping is still standing there waiting to be finished) and they storm off and my other employee hears them snarking, "Oh She's the assistant manager? THat rude little bitch?"

Finally after I'm done with my customer the lady is standing by the cut counter and I ask again, "How can I help you ma'am?" so she throws two hand towels at me and proceeds to tell me that some girl sold her the wrong interfacing and it ruined her embroidery. I'm looking at it, I still don't know what's going on as she talks about how she understands the girl was having a bad day adn was sick which is fine but her towels are ruined and Chris said she's fix them (Don't know what anyone could do to fix them....) SO I'm asking what kind of interfacing was she sold, how she used it, just trying to figure out what went wrong and she's getting more and more testy with me because she's already explained this to other employees, "Yes, I understand, but I'm just trying to figure out what happened ma'am." Her friend throws her hands up in the air and rants, 'Oh, you just don't understand!" and my other employee is over by this point to make sure things are ok and is trying to tell them that Yes, I understand, I'm just trying to figure out what's going on. Meanwhile this woman used the interfacing on the top layer while she was embroidering so I mentioned that it's usually best to have it on the bottom so it doesn't effect the embroidery with the machine, "Oh what do you know about it!?!?! That's not what my book says!" "Well, I have an embroidery machine that I use a lot and have learned by trial and error the best ways to use it..."

Anyways, she's all pissy at me, wants me to leave a note with the towels for Chris to deal with that she reads over my shoulder as I write it..and all I wrote was you've talked with her before about this, she wants to talk to you again and her name and number...like I Was going to write "Snarky bitch wants you to call her" or something.

Anyways, it gets worse but I'll make that another post ina bit, I'm so grrrr right now
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Master
Master
KittyKat

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 5:51 pm

Anyways, to make a long story short, I tell my boss what happened that night and she agreed that the lady was difficult to talk to the first time she called about it, she's then overheard telling the lady on the phone, "I don't know what's gotten into her, she's usually so nice and understanding." which upsets me because I am still made out the super-bitch. the next day my boss tells me about an incident that a customer told her about with another employee and makes some stupid comment about how it's sad there have been so many complaints about rude service recently in which I exclaim, "I was not being rude!" and was blown off. I was upset that I'm being villanized over something I didn't do, regardless of if I sold her the interfacing- she used it wrong in so many ways no interfacing was going to work right- anyways. I go in the next day and she says I look tired, I say I'm not tired, I'm upset. I don't like how the situation was handled and I'm worried that this lady now thinks she has every right to go to corporate and make a complaint against me when I didn't do anything but try to help. My boss then tries to placate me with well you know, I have to say something to her, I couldn't argue with her about her attitude and she is a difficult woman but I don't think you have to worry about it, I don't think she'll go any further with it....then tells me the lady is going to be coming back and to give her a complementary 50% an item. I told her I really didn't feel comfortable dealing with this woman again and she rolls her eyes and told me I had to.

Fucking worm. I hate people who don't stick up for their employees. I've worked there for 4 years, I'm her assistant manager and I've never had someone complain against me like this and she still makes me out the bad guy. I am so beyond through- this is totally the last straw, my back, she is broken.
Back to top Go down
Nika
Master
Master
Nika

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 6:45 pm

Ok, Gothic Beauty Magazine is really pissing me off. Right when the last issue was coming out I was in the process of moving. I had no internet to inform them of my new address and figured with my change of address form through the post office the issue should find its way to me. Well, it didn't. I email them and explained that I had a new address and the issue never showed up. To top that off, that last little 'Trivia contest' that they had and I was to recieve the prize for never showed up at my mom's. I had talked to Parrish about my move and suggested that the package be sent to my mother. To which Parrish agreed and said would be taken care of.

I now have an email that says I'm not getting the issue, as my subscription has ended (I only got 2 of the 4 issues) and they won't even mention the package....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread
Page 6 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next