GothicRefuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gothic refuge a place for goths.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread

Go down 
+23
muratsuki
Apocalypse
endless dark
gloomth
Taraiha
blackorchid
Arkhum
KittyKat
Anthropomorphic
Morella
Symmentha
Kasmira
darkwave_71
GWE
helen damnation
EvilHippyEmperor
Maxmordon
eyvind
PorcelainPirate
Ginger_Snaps
Akasha'sMistake
Nika
idledoll
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2008-07-22

General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 2:35 pm

KittyKat wrote:
went to work at 6am without caffeine in my system
I refuse to believe that is physically possible.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 2:38 pm

blackorchid wrote:
You know I may have to play devils advocate here!! Twisted Evil

First off, I tire of the jokes on women and their boobs, face, butts, etc. Jokes so bad that we, as women, are tempted to get face lifts, boob jobs, etc.... all dangerous surgeries. What about men? May I be blunt? A teen boy has a lovely scrotum... tight, and as attractive as one has the ability to be... At 50? Why it hangs so low you would think they have to roll it up and toss it in a banana sack to be able to walk. And what about their inability to even keep an erection? That seems to be a sensitive subject... one that shouldnt be made fun of, all while jokes are constantly cycling about a womans figure!! Why dont men go get cosmetic surgery and get things lifted back up where they should be? Not to mention that their chests fall also, and it isnt attractive either. Maybe I am just in a mood to rant, but I am tired of things still being so onesided!!
I would just like to point out that not all of us men make jokes about women's figures. Many of us enjoy the huge diversity of the female form.

As to the unattractiveness of male genitalia, please refer back to my 'created by a blind retard with no thumbs' comment.
Back to top Go down
Nika
Master
Master
Nika

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 1:39 am

I think it's time to admit it...

I'm sick. This is not just a runny nose/'winter' allergies/other clever way to deny that I'm sick.... *sigh*

I need more tea and soup.
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Master
Master
KittyKat

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 6:30 pm

I hate my job but the job economy sucks so I can't leave my job. THe woman is driving my batshit and it's getting to the point where I'm so mentally shut down I can barley function throughout the day. My District Manager supposedly visits us on Thursday and my manager wont be there...I need to talk to her about all this, even if it doesn't accomplish anything at least I wont go to work in tears and with a stomach ache everyday.
Back to top Go down
PorcelainPirate
Witch
Witch
PorcelainPirate

Number of posts : 265

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 1:54 am

Huggles for Kitty... horrible jobs are, well, horrible. hopefully things will pick up soon Smile
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Master
Master
KittyKat

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 8:32 pm

Actually the conversation with the DM went really well. Surprisingly well. We'll see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Arkhum
Master
Master
Arkhum

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 1:59 am

I NEED A JOB. This is seriously getting rediculous. Did anyone hear on the news?.......so many ppl out of work in New York that when they applied online for unemployment it shut down the system (or something to that effect). This is crazy. Now I'm sick (nyquil sick) and I'm pretty sure Flo is coming to town......gggggrrrrrrr aaarrrgggghhh.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 3:01 pm

The HTE's decision to have a late night screaming match with her boyfriend/ex-boyriend/whatever in the middle of the street means I am dead tired today, and I am doing a crap job at work; and I hate being unintentionally unprofessional.
Back to top Go down
Taraiha
Witch
Witch
Taraiha

Number of posts : 332

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 3:19 pm

^ yeah, it's no fun unless you're doing it intentionally. cyclops
Back to top Go down
http://rhomany.org.uk
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 8:11 pm

Absolutely.
Wink
Back to top Go down
Arkhum
Master
Master
Arkhum

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:42 pm

EvilHippyEmperor wrote:
The HTE's decision to have a late night screaming match with her boyfriend/ex-boyriend/whatever in the middle of the street means I am dead tired today, and I am doing a crap job at work; and I hate being unintentionally unprofessional.

Oh, I bet the neighbors just loooooved that.
Back to top Go down
Arkhum
Master
Master
Arkhum

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 10:26 am

Ok, this is sort of a rant/question. What do you do when you are desperate to have a job and after looking for weeks you come across an add for help at a joint you used to work, where you dig the ppl, it's hard work but you like it because everyone is cool including the owners, the owners said that if ever you needed to go back there you were more than welcome, and the pay not great but not bad either, oh and yes...you already know how to do everything. WAIT, here's the catch.......you would never see your kids cus you have to work every weekend (busiest time) and that's the only time you get to see them, not to mention you wouldn't get home almost every night til almost midnight just to get to bed and do it all over again the next day. You only get Mondays off (closed). Well?

P.S. I don't mind most everything. Can even get over wake up/work/sleep, over and over but I am CRAZY about my kids. How do you take a job you like, ppl you love to work with, decent pay.....but sacrifice seeing your kids only every once in a blue moon? I know it seems like a hands down kind of decision (kids of course) but not when you're sinking in bills, hard enough to find a job, helping to raise 3 children. I get soooo depressed when I haven't gotten to see my kids. It really can get quite bad. Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do........but at what expense?

Thank you for any advice.
Back to top Go down
Velvet Spider
Master
Master
Velvet Spider

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 7:28 pm

Arkhum wrote:
I get soooo depressed when I haven't gotten to see my kids. It really can get quite bad. Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do........but at what expense?

Thank you for any advice.

Goodness, Arkhum, this is a hard one for sure...

To be honest, I'd try to negotiate fewer work hours to spend more time with the children.

I realize child care can be expensive, bills are always going to be there and less hours mean less in the paycheck yet children need parents to be there with them one-on-one.

For what it's worth, I'd go with this plan.

If this prevented my getting the job then I'd keep looking. Heart
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/velvet_spider/Arsenic-and-Black-Lace
Taraiha
Witch
Witch
Taraiha

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 12:45 am

I agree. If it's that difficult to find work point out that they wouldn't have to train you because you've done it before and negotiate maybe every other Sunday afternoon off or something, or maybe one Saturday a month. You're not going to be much use to your kids if you're constrantly stressed and drowning in debt anyways, so I'd talk to them and see if they'd be willing to give you a little time.
Back to top Go down
Arkhum
Master
Master
Arkhum

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 8:19 am

Thank you to the both of you and guess what? Today we spoke and my boss is going to work with me on the days off thing. I'm so happy. I HAVE A JOB AND ONE I DIG............YIIIPPPPEEEEE.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 4:27 pm

Fireworks Happy Dance Fireworks

Splendid news!

Party at Arkhum's place everyone!!
Back to top Go down
Taraiha
Witch
Witch
Taraiha

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 6:18 pm

Awesome Smile Congratulations
Back to top Go down
Velvet Spider
Master
Master
Velvet Spider

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 8:43 pm

Arkhum wrote:
Thank you to the both of you and guess what? Today we spoke and my boss is going to work with me on the days off thing. I'm so happy. I HAVE A JOB AND ONE I DIG............YIIIPPPPEEEEE.

You're such a great mom, Arkhum...!

Your kids will LOVE you for it and you'll be wearing a big smile, too.

(You may now take a bow...)
Fireworks
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/velvet_spider/Arsenic-and-Black-Lace
PorcelainPirate
Witch
Witch
PorcelainPirate

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 1:40 am

I agreed to help out my boy's aunt by promoting her business. Leaflet dropping is a REALLY un-fun and tiring way of spending your spare time. My everything aches.

On the plus side, at least she's gotten a few new clients Smile
Back to top Go down
endless dark
Master
Master
endless dark

Number of posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:17 pm

PorcelainPirate wrote:
I agreed to help out my boy's aunt by promoting her business. Leaflet dropping is a REALLY un-fun and tiring way of spending your spare time. My everything aches.

On the plus side, at least she's gotten a few new clients Smile
I dont know if you can do this where you are but a fast/easy way to do some leaflet dropping is to find a parking lot (carpark) and just stick the leaflets between the windsheild and wiper. You could get a lot done in a little amount of time that way then have spare time for your self...
Back to top Go down
PorcelainPirate
Witch
Witch
PorcelainPirate

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 8:46 pm

It's a good idea endless, and thank you for bringing it up, but I think she wanted us to target 'specific' areas, IE the ones where people have money to spare. I'll have a chat with her and see what she thinks, though Smile
Back to top Go down
Taraiha
Witch
Witch
Taraiha

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 10:01 pm

Well, people who shop at shopping comlpexes can a) afford a car despite our ridiculous petrol prices b) afford to park it in an overpriced car park at the shopping mall and c) go shopping at the shopping mall in the first place where everything is overpriced including the coffee.

So you could say you were using your initiative and targetting people who obviously have more money than sense. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
PorcelainPirate
Witch
Witch
PorcelainPirate

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 11:17 pm

True. I guess then I just have to HOPE they have gardens Razz

EDIT: I just realised that I didn't specify her business is a gardening one, lol.
Back to top Go down
blackorchid
Master
Master
blackorchid

Number of posts : 130

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 11:57 pm

I am bored and waiting for the sun to let down a bit so that I can photograph my new painting!! Geeze...
Back to top Go down
Dog Soldier
Mod
Mod
Dog Soldier

Number of posts : 62

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 12:03 am

blackorchid wrote:
I am bored and waiting for the sun to let down a bit so that I can photograph my new painting!! Geeze...

Patience is a virtue, remember that...

Now where the hells that photo?
Back to top Go down
http://www.rjhdesign.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread
Page 8 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next