GothicRefuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gothic refuge a place for goths.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Eclectic goth

Go down 
+19
KittyKat
Revenant
SPF
Arkhum
Dog Soldier
Ginger_Snaps
PorcelainPirate
Taraiha
Kasmira
darkwave_71
Maxmordon
eyvind
Akasha'sMistake
EvilHippyEmperor
helen damnation
mydarkside
GhostRed
Gomez
semyaza
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
KittyKat
Master
Master
KittyKat

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Eclectic goth - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 3:27 am

We've decided to never go South again. Everytime we go to the LA area something horribly stupid happens. We're safer going North Very Happy
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
Mod
Mod
helen damnation

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:41 pm

KittyKat wrote:
Deathrock baby!!! I'll always be too goth for punk and too punk for goth. My music tastes tend to focus on the UK '77 movement and the early goth that derived from it, but I also love a lot of the crust punk and political punk that surfaced in the later years. Ummm...and I think Goth has gotten way too prissy barbie-doll for my taste.

Are you a fellow GUNK then honey? I'm a punky goth girl and that's all there is to it! I blame Himself for making tapes for me when we were very young and lived apart. He corrupted me with The Clash and The Sex Pistols (not that I'm complaining) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Master
Master
KittyKat

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 6:22 am

Hah! GUNK! (Kas what was the one we thought of? GONK?) Yeah, my tall one corrupted me too...took all my velvet and made it a bit crusty hehe (He won me over with mix tapes he'd send me from Montana- awww)
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
Mod
Mod
helen damnation

Number of posts : 168

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:57 pm

Sounds as if both of our tall ones are cut from the same cloth! I was quite happy listening to The Cure and The Sisters and then Himself came along with his docs, mohawk and combat pants and I just fell from grace Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
CitiesInDust
Spammer
Spammer
CitiesInDust

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 3:24 am

I like to play around a bit. I love to mix up more traditional goth with ethnic and grunge pieces. I used to be more into the "romantigoth" style, but I've upgraded. The next piece I want is a vegan-leather cuff with brass studs.
Lately, I'm sort of looking like Jane Lane with cat eyes or D'arcy Wretzky during SP's "Adore" phase (lots of black and blue with shimmery accents) Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 6:38 am

CitiesInDust wrote:
vegan-leather cuff

what is vegan-leather................... leather made from a cow that only eats grass.............. does that make me a vegan-meat eater?

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Master
Master
Ginger_Snaps

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 9:02 am

It's like asking, "If I eat a vegetarian, would that make me a vegetarian?"
Back to top Go down
Revenant
Master
Master
Revenant

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 5:28 pm

It's a fancy term for plastic or vinyl. Nobody wants to go around saying they wear plastic, so they made up a term for it that sounds more eco and animal friendly. Truth is, they may have saved the life of an animal right now by wearing vegan-leather, or pleather, but it'll be in the landfill for the next five hundred years killing the environment.

Not being judgemental, I wear both leather and vinyl, so I guess I'm killing both animals and the environment. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 6:59 pm

Revenant wrote:

Not being judgemental, I wear both leather and vinyl, so I guess I'm killing both animals and the environment. Rolling Eyes

Hey at least your an equal opportunity destroyer. Thats a good thing. I wasn't judging anything either. But you know me. If i can make a bit of fun out of something i do. Doesn't matter my personal feelings about it. Just the wording Vegan-leather...... makes me giggle.
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Master
Master
Ginger_Snaps

Number of posts : 184

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 8:43 pm

Kasmira wrote:
Revenant wrote:

Hey at least your an equal opportunity destroyer. Thats a good thing. I wasn't judging anything either. But you know me. If i can make a bit of fun out of something i do. Doesn't matter my personal feelings about it. Just the wording Vegan-leather...... makes me giggle.

I can just imagine how they would harvest the leather from vegans. "PETA meeting in the slaughter house."
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
Witch
Witch
Maxmordon

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 8:51 pm

Kasmira wrote:
Revenant wrote:

It made me think on the book Eragon (Don't. Read. It) the elves where a bunch of Vegan, Atheist jerks who admitted they were better than anyone and after some rant about people who eat meat we later see Arya the elf princess wearing a complete black leather suit...
Back to top Go down
Apocalypse
Master
Master
Apocalypse

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 7:23 am

Maybe the animal died of natural causes. Can they make leather out of animals that just die on their own or does a natural death ruin the quality of the hide?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/apocalypsenotquiteyet
Maxmordon
Witch
Witch
Maxmordon

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 11:06 am

I remember have read something about it, but it was a while ago...
Back to top Go down
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch
Akasha'sMistake

Number of posts : 265

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 1:05 am

Apocalypse wrote:
Maybe the animal died of natural causes. Can they make leather out of animals that just die on their own or does a natural death ruin the quality of the hide?

Well I personally hope that someone makes MY hide into a sport-coat or handbag when I've taken a dirt nap. Or maybe a nice hat, a la geek . At least I'd be making myself useful, and it doesn't get more eco-friendly than THAT. cyclops
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Number of posts : 764

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 3:50 pm

Apocalypse wrote:
I though "being eaten" was a 'natural cause' for a lot of herbivores.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 3:51 pm

Akasha'sMistake wrote:
Apocalypse wrote:

Well I personally hope that someone makes MY hide into a sport-coat or handbag when I've taken a dirt nap. Or maybe a nice hat, a la geek . At least I'd be making myself useful, and it doesn't get more eco-friendly than THAT. cyclops
Have you got any tattoos that would make pretty lampshades?

Whilst we're at it, do you mind if I carve myself a couple of Akasha steaks once you're gone?
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 3:54 pm

Kasmira wrote:
If i can make a bit of fun out of something i do. Doesn't matter my personal feelings about it.
It is one of the reasons we love you so much, my dear.
Back to top Go down
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch
Akasha'sMistake

Number of posts : 265

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 10:27 pm

EvilHippyEmperor wrote:
Akasha'sMistake wrote:
Apocalypse wrote:

Have you got any tattoos that would make pretty lampshades?

Whilst we're at it, do you mind if I carve myself a couple of Akasha steaks once you're gone?

Be my guest, your Imperial Highness! (I hope I'm saying that right! *grovel grovel*) Once I'm gone, I'm gone... I rather care less what happens to my meat suit after. Razz
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 2:51 pm

Actually "Your Imperial Majesty" is the correct term of address for a jaded old EmperorGoth, but I am not one to be overly pedantic.
Back to top Go down
Dark Gentleman
Master
Master
Dark Gentleman

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 9:26 am

The term PVC is like a swear word to PETA too. lol!
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 11:56 am

Dark Gentleman wrote:
The term PVC is like a swear word to PETA too. lol!
Most words seem to be.
Back to top Go down
Arkhum
Master
Master
Arkhum

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 8:52 pm

EvilHippyEmperor wrote:
Actually "Your Imperial Majesty" is the correct term of address for a jaded old EmperorGoth, but I am not one to be overly pedantic.

hhhmmm 'pedantic'. I see that word for the day toilet paper I gave you is working out.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 8:57 pm

Arkhum wrote:
EvilHippyEmperor wrote:

hhhmmm 'pedantic'. I see that word for the day toilet paper I gave you is working out.
I had thought it was supposed to be a different word for each day, but what the hell...
Back to top Go down
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

Number of posts : 439

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 8:11 pm

EvilHippyEmperor wrote:

Urk! Must resist... must not... make jokes about... eating... Akasha... Argh!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorteapots.com
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 10:03 pm

Gomez wrote:
EvilHippyEmperor wrote:

Urk! Must resist... must not... make jokes about... eating... Akasha... Argh!!
Oh that's so typical: You take a harmless, innocent comment about cannibalism, and try to twist it into something weird and unnatural...
Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eclectic goth
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next