GothicRefuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gothic refuge a place for goths.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Eclectic goth

Go down 
+19
KittyKat
Revenant
SPF
Arkhum
Dog Soldier
Ginger_Snaps
PorcelainPirate
Taraiha
Kasmira
darkwave_71
Maxmordon
eyvind
Akasha'sMistake
EvilHippyEmperor
helen damnation
mydarkside
GhostRed
Gomez
semyaza
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
PorcelainPirate
Witch
Witch
PorcelainPirate

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Eclectic goth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 9:32 pm

A bizzare but hopefully coherent mix of rivethead, ethnic/raqs gothique, cyber, cabaret, and just a tad steampunk.

Or, to simplify:

I make little to no sense, but I'm drawn to dramatic stuff Very Happy

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Master
Master
Ginger_Snaps

Number of posts : 184

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 7:08 am

PorcelainPirate wrote:
A bizzare but hopefully coherent mix of rivethead, ethnic/raqs gothique, cyber, cabaret, and just a tad steampunk.

Sounds something like me.
Back to top Go down
PorcelainPirate
Witch
Witch
PorcelainPirate

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 10:40 am

If you swoon over fetish-y cyber geisha gear, you're my long-lost twin, Ginger Smile

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch
Akasha'sMistake

Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 11:26 am

^Part of being Goth IS being drawn to all that is dramatic... we can't help ourselves. If it's shiny, black, and too expensive... we want it. bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Number of posts : 764

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 2:19 pm

Akasha'sMistake wrote:
If it's shiny, black, and too expensive... we want it.
HaHaThud!!
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Master
Master
Ginger_Snaps

Number of posts : 184

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 10:09 am

Thus distracted by the "shiny objects."
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
Mod
Mod
helen damnation

Number of posts : 168

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 11:14 pm

"Shiny, black and too expensive"? Story of my ruddy life! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Dog Soldier
Mod
Mod
Dog Soldier

Number of posts : 62

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 2:52 am

Well I guess I'm old school Goth. I would say I never made a conscious decision or made the statement 'I am Goth!'

I was into The Cure, Siouxsie etc. but my choice in clothing had as much to do with my childhood as with what was happening around me.

I was raised an a very Victorianesk family. My Nana, as a child and teen worked as a ladies made at for a local family and so I grew up with a great deal of Victorian influences.

My mom loved the styles and décor of that period and so do I.

So I was almost born into it. Although it wasn’t until later that other called me a Goth, but I am just me and if my fashion and interests dictate that I am a Goth them that is what I am.

But to me it’ so much more than cloths or whatever, it’s something inside. Again it’s the Victorian influences. I get the newer fashion and styles in the Goth world but it’s those Victorian aspects which I hold closest to my heart. So I guess I’d say that old school Victorian is me, yet as stated by Helen, I don’t like to be pigeon holed either. I am simply who I am…
Back to top Go down
http://www.rjhdesign.com
Arkhum
Master
Master
Arkhum

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 7:01 am

I don't much like being pinned either (not that way anyway..hehe) but will admit that I am a lover of the more romantic gothic scene. The victorian dress, behavior, elegance, the subtle seduction of goblets of the freshest blood, candles, a lovely thunderstorm with the full moon and of course the sweet melodies of seductive voices like Kate Bush, Siouxsie, Bauhuas, and S.O.M.
I do have my changes in mood and sometimes crave the punk goth but for the most part I am a romantic at heart.
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
Mod
Mod
helen damnation

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 11:59 pm

I love the punk goth look - possibly why I am searching for a black and red mohair jumper at the moment! Well when you're gothic and married to a punk it just seems right Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SPF
Master
Master
SPF

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 3:21 am

I am glad to see that a lot of people like old school goth. I could never get into cyber goth or EBM. I just love old school gothic music and anything with lace or frill!
Back to top Go down
eyvind
Master
Master

Number of posts : 130

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 10:31 am

I think we need a thread to show what "Old School goth" really is. I know some people who think it is the 80s look and some people who think its the 50s rebel look..
Back to top Go down
darkwave_71
Master
Master
darkwave_71

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 5:32 pm

Eclectic goth - Page 2 Th2522043 Animal
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
Mod
Mod
helen damnation

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:31 pm

It's in your heart and your soul, being goth is absolutely ageless and does incorporate a whole lot of different things

For my own part, I grew up listening to the Sisters, Bauhaus and the Cure, I wanted black bedroom walls (I now have them) and I wore sunglasses after dark. We wore duster coats in mid summer and sported hideously deformed feet. We used egg white to give our hair that extra lift or if we couldn't get eggs we used sugar and water (that method just begged for flies to nestle in our hair)

I like to think that goth is evolving but I also love being an elder goth and being proud of who I am and not really giving a damn if anybody stares..... in fact a day without being stared at is a bad day!
Back to top Go down
Taraiha
Witch
Witch
Taraiha

Number of posts : 332

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 4:57 pm

darkwave_71 wrote:
Eclectic goth - Page 2 Th2522043 Animal
lol!
Back to top Go down
http://rhomany.org.uk
Revenant
Master
Master
Revenant

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:38 pm

I agree with what Arkham wrote:

I am a lover of the more romantic gothic scene. The victorian dress, behavior, elegance, the subtle seduction of goblets of the freshest blood, candles, a lovely thunderstorm with the full moon and of course the sweet melodies of seductive voices like Kate Bush, Siouxsie, Bauhuas, and S.O.M.

That's pretty much my take on what "type" I am. I'm more "old school". I started out when I was five years old, declaring I wanted to grow up to be Morticia Addams. It just sort of escalated from there. I never really called myself Goth until recently. It was just something I was and liked and where my interests were, I didn't put a label on it. But now I don't mind the label. It gives me a starting point that makes it easier to explain to other people who don't understand, what exactly I'm about.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 1:31 am

helen damnation wrote:
and I wore sunglasses after dark
Live fast, love hard, die with your shades on.
Cool
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
Mod
Mod
helen damnation

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 11:23 pm

EvilHippyEmperor wrote:
helen damnation wrote:
and I wore sunglasses after dark
Live fast, love hard, die with your shades on.
Cool

And with your duster draped elegantly around your body Smile
Back to top Go down
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

Number of posts : 439

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 3:09 pm

Revenant wrote:
I started out when I was five years old, declaring I wanted to grow up to be Morticia Addams. It just sort of escalated from there. I never really called myself Goth until recently.

Wow, someone else here DOES have my same backstory. Cool.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorteapots.com
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 4:59 pm

Gomez wrote:
Revenant wrote:
I started out when I was five years old, declaring I wanted to grow up to be Morticia Addams. It just sort of escalated from there. I never really called myself Goth until recently.

You wanted to be Morticia, too?
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Master
Master
KittyKat

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 6:16 pm

Deathrock baby!!! I'll always be too goth for punk and too punk for goth. My music tastes tend to focus on the UK '77 movement and the early goth that derived from it, but I also love a lot of the crust punk and political punk that surfaced in the later years. Ummm...and I think Goth has gotten way too prissy barbie-doll for my taste.
Back to top Go down
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:10 pm

KittyKat wrote:
Ummm...and I think Goth has gotten way too prissy barbie-doll for my taste.

AMEN sister Kat!
cheers
Back to top Go down
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch
Akasha'sMistake

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:35 pm

EvilHippyEmperor wrote:
Gomez wrote:
Revenant wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Revenant
Master
Master
Revenant

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 2:11 am

Akasha'sMistake wrote:
EvilHippyEmperor wrote:
Gomez wrote:
Revenant wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. Laughing

Haha, maybe we could switch- he could be Morticia and I'll be Gomez. lol!
Back to top Go down
semyaza
Master
Master

Number of posts : 45

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 3:02 am

KittyKat wrote:
Deathrock baby!!! I'll always be too goth for punk and too punk for goth. My music tastes tend to focus on the UK '77 movement and the early goth that derived from it, but I also love a lot of the crust punk and political punk that surfaced in the later years. Ummm...and I think Goth has gotten way too prissy barbie-doll for my taste.

Kat, you really need to come down to Southern California and attend the deathrock club "Release The Bats"!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eclectic goth   Eclectic goth - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eclectic goth
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next