GothicRefuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gothic refuge a place for goths.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Violent goth jailed for kicking 'chav' to death

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lolita Rose
Master
Master
Lolita Rose

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Violent goth jailed for kicking 'chav' to death Empty
PostSubject: Violent goth jailed for kicking 'chav' to death   Violent goth jailed for kicking 'chav' to death I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 3:36 am

I wasn't sure what forum to put this in. The general forum seemed to be a safe bet.
Those of you who have Sophie added to your myspace probably already know about this.

-----------------------------------------------

By Richard Smith 31/07/2008

A man kicked a teenager to death in a drunken attack and then told friends: "Don't worry, it's just another chav.

"

And yesterday violent goth, Terry Sewell, was jailed for at least 13 years for murder.

Sewell and friend Darren Abrams - both 20 - attacked 19-year-old Jed Sheridan after a night boozing with friends last October.

Abrams smashed a bottle over his head and Sewell repeatedly kicked him in the head as he lay on the ground. The second kick flipped Jed over on his back, banging his head on the Tarmac.

Paramedics spotted a small cut on his head but he refused to go to hospital, insisting he just wanted to go to sleep.

The ambulance took him to his home nearby in Portsmouth but he died in his sleep. He had a fractured skull, a haemorrhage which put pressure on his brain and extensive bruising and swelling of the brain, Winchester crown court heard.

Prosecutor Timothy Mousley QC said that the next day Sewell, who called himself a goth, bragged to friends that he had stamped on a man's head.

Mr Mousley said: "He said he was not upset for Jed Sheridan because he had a strong disliking for chavs." And he told police he was in a gang, the TSE Crew, which went around beating up chavs.

The court was told Abrams hanged himself while on remand in prison awaiting trial.

Jailing Sewell for life Mr Justice Roderick Evans said: "This was mindless, drunken violence.

"You and Darren Abrams had an unhealthy interest in fighting. It is the kind of stupid violence decent people see as a blight on towns and cities.

"I accept there was no intention to kill but there was an intention to do serious harm.

"

Goth

Offshoot of punk who dress in black and like moody music

Chav

Slang for person whose life and clothes are said to be vulgar
-----------------------------------------------

Its like a reversal of what happened with Sophie,
difference being this guy chose not to go to the hospital. If he had he probably would've lived.

It seems so pointless and stupid beating up Chav's just because they're Chavs. Its not really any better than them beating up Goths just because they're Goths.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Violent goth jailed for kicking 'chav' to death   Violent goth jailed for kicking 'chav' to death I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 11:43 am

This is as sickening as the Sophie Lancaster case.

In some ways, even more so because the attacker claims to be one of us.
Doubtless there will be plenty of people who say he's not a real goth, but the fact is, he considers he is, and his actions have cast shame on all of us. Let us hope he serves every single day of that thirteen year sentence.

I am surprised at how little publicity this case has received. Without wishing to sound crass, Sophie Lancaster's death was a media sensation, whereas this case has barely had a mention on the news (and I live less than 50 miles from where it happened.)
Back to top Go down
Nika
Master
Master
Nika

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Violent goth jailed for kicking 'chav' to death   Violent goth jailed for kicking 'chav' to death I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 6:22 pm

It truly saddens me to hear what people do to each other because someone else is different. regardless if it's a group I personally can't realte to, no one deserves such inhumanity. Peoplt turn to monsters so easily it seems.
Back to top Go down
Morella
Master
Master

Number of posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: Violent goth jailed for kicking 'chav' to death   Violent goth jailed for kicking 'chav' to death I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 2:49 am

This reminds me of those brain dead types of teenagers who cause mayhem in cemeteries, vandalize stuff and otherwise commit petty crap crimes and then claim it was because they were goths and doing it to be "dark," and "rebellious" and "throw it in the face of the normies." Why is it always the dumbest who must speak the loudest?

It's interesting how, despite the obvious, very few news outlets singled out Sophie's murder as a "chav" murder and placed it under the less accusatory terms of "out-of-control youth" or "yobs." And yet this is automatically the work of a "violent goth."
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Master
Master
Ginger_Snaps

Number of posts : 184

PostSubject: Re: Violent goth jailed for kicking 'chav' to death   Violent goth jailed for kicking 'chav' to death I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 7:06 am

This is what happens when one group picks on another group for too long. One of my sister's good friends was jailed for killing a guy (this was in high school) who tormented him. This guy was a jock that tormented not only him but other geeks.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Violent goth jailed for kicking 'chav' to death   Violent goth jailed for kicking 'chav' to death I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 2:14 pm

Morella wrote:
Why is it always the dumbest who must speak the loudest?
Empty vessels make the most noise.

More intelligent people generally feel they have less to prove. They are more confident that they can respond to any comments made to them, so have less need of bravado.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Violent goth jailed for kicking 'chav' to death   Violent goth jailed for kicking 'chav' to death I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1