GothicRefuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gothic refuge a place for goths.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Random Thoughts

Go down 
+19
KittyKat
Velvet Spider
endless dark
helen damnation
blackorchid
Taraiha
PorcelainPirate
Maxmordon
Siddicus Rex
semyaza
gloomth
Morella
EvilHippyEmperor
MoonRaven
Nika
Ginger_Snaps
Kasmira
eyvind
Akasha'sMistake
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch
Akasha'sMistake

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Random Thoughts - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 8:14 pm

^I think it's just so the Mod knows they shan't be offending anyone if they move a thread.
Back to top Go down
blackorchid
Master
Master
blackorchid

Number of posts : 130

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 12:59 am

Well after all is said and done, I must admit... I am sorry that GB closed down. It was the first and only forum I joined for a couple of years, and I met the best friend that I have ever had in my life there. Of course, he has been dragged over here, but it still is not completely the same. GB had memories.... Nopity
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Number of posts : 764

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 2:18 pm

blackorchid wrote:
Well after all is said and done, I must admit... I am sorry that GB closed down. It was the first and only forum I joined for a couple of years, and I met the best friend that I have ever had in my life there. Of course, he has been dragged over here, but it still is not completely the same. GB had memories.... Nopity
I miss GB too. To be truthful I don't miss all the members (I'm too misanthropic for that) but I do miss GB. It went through some changes in the five years I was a member, but I never found anywhere else quite like it; it was that rarest of things, a friendly goth forum!
Back to top Go down
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 6:51 pm

Would i be a complete bitch if i said i didn't miss the GB? The only reasion i went there is right here in this forum. And all the rest of it was just scenery.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 6:52 pm

Kasmira wrote:
Would i be a complete bitch if i said i didn't miss the GB? The only reasion i went there is right here in this forum. And all the rest of it was just scenery.
You wouldn't be a bitch, but I'd be intrigued to kno what you mean exactly?
scratch
Back to top Go down
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 7:29 pm

EvilHippyEmperor wrote:
Kasmira wrote:
scratch

I only went on the GB to talk to a handfull of people. More often then not i would hop on read maybe 3 threads and send one or 2 PM's and i would be off.

After the great smack down i took a break of almost a year. When i cam back the GB was very different. The people/topics had chanced to the point i simply couldn't relate to them.

The people i went to the GB to talk to are here and many of the "new" people who i did learn to like are here. And i don't have to explain as many posts to people who don't "get" what ever i post.
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Master
Master
Ginger_Snaps

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 10:07 am

I liked GB because of the people. For me, the forum was only a gathering point. I would only miss it if there weren't another place the members can keep gathering together.
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
Mod
Mod
helen damnation

Number of posts : 168

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 11:40 pm

Kasmira wrote:
EvilHippyEmperor wrote:
Kasmira wrote:
scratch

I only went on the GB to talk to a handfull of people. More often then not i would hop on read maybe 3 threads and send one or 2 PM's and i would be off.

After the great smack down i took a break of almost a year. When i cam back the GB was very different. The people/topics had chanced to the point i simply couldn't relate to them.

The people i went to the GB to talk to are here and many of the "new" people who i did learn to like are here. And i don't have to explain as many posts to people who don't "get" what ever i post.

I can totally understand that! Until about 18 months ago I posted regularly on the Damned messageboard. I took a break for reasons I don't really wish to share and now I have no wish to go back. I keep in touch with some brilliant friends I made there by email, text and phonecalls and we have meetups before gigs but I honestly don't think I have anything in common with most of the people on there anymore
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
Witch
Witch
Maxmordon

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 12:29 pm

I got 12 issues of Alan Moore's Tomorrow Stories... I never had realized how polyfacetic he was! I knew he was a great comic book writer and while not his Magnum Opus, it really shows the different sides of a genius
Back to top Go down
endless dark
Master
Master
endless dark

Number of posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 4:56 am

Just thought I'd share the Dalek and TARDIS Random Thoughts - Page 3 Daleksmiley1 Random Thoughts - Page 3 Drwhosmiley
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
Witch
Witch
Maxmordon

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 5:48 am

endless dark wrote:
Just thought I'd share the Dalek and TARDIS Random Thoughts - Page 3 Daleksmiley1 Random Thoughts - Page 3 Drwhosmiley

Cool! Dalek
Back to top Go down
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 8:52 am

This song....

Makes me wanna act like a tramp!
Back to top Go down
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch
Akasha'sMistake

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 11:56 pm

^I agree Kasmira~! I'm not a die hard fan of True Blood yet... but I am enjoying it thus far. And the intro there is amazing. I love you
Back to top Go down
endless dark
Master
Master
endless dark

Number of posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 3:59 pm

The rumor mill has been a bit more active that normal latly, I wonder if GB's actually closing Question I hope not, despite the forum thing happening I'm still a fan of the Zine
Back to top Go down
Velvet Spider
Master
Master
Velvet Spider

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 6:38 am

I've posted this thought on another forum and am curious what you think...

When did "Goth" or "Gothic" acquaint itself with Hot Topic, blue hair, black nail polish, sex appeal, vinyl, music, cosmetics and such...?

(Or, did it evolve into a subculture via some/all of the above...?)
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/velvet_spider/Arsenic-and-Black-Lace
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 12:31 pm

Velvet Spider wrote:
I've posted this thought on another forum and am curious what you think...

When did "Goth" or "Gothic" acquaint itself with Hot Topic, blue hair, black nail polish, sex appeal, vinyl, music, cosmetics and such...?

(Or, did it evolve into a subculture via some/all of the above...?)
We don't have Hot Topic in Britain (as far as I am aware), but otherwise the blue hair is the only element that I don't recall when I drifted into Goth in the tail end of the eighties, although admittedly back then the "vinyl" was mostly to do with the way the music was played!

If you are uncertain about the music, sex appeal, cosmetics and black nail polish, then I have two words for you: Siouxsie Sioux
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Master
Master
KittyKat

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 7:56 am

THe blue hair probably came from the punk end of things and Hot Topic is sometimes the only place people can go to find anything remotely subculture-ish in their town....and who doesn't like staring at pretty black nails? =)
Back to top Go down
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 9:32 am

Who wants to be involved in something that DOESN't have sex appeal.

Kats right though wile goth off shot from Punk it did take quite a few personality traits with it. And not just the blue hair. Remember there is more to goth then Romanticism.
Back to top Go down
blackorchid
Master
Master
blackorchid

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 5:00 pm

Kasmira wrote:
Who wants to be involved in something that DOESN't have sex appeal.

Kats right though wile goth off shot from Punk it did take quite a few personality traits with it. And not just the blue hair. Remember there is more to goth then Romanticism.

More to goth than Romanticism??? Dems fightin words!! Horse
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 6:14 pm

If you two are going to have a fight, can you please wait until us lads have had a chance to pull up a chair and fetch ourselves a beer?
Back to top Go down
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 7:29 pm

blackorchid wrote:

Oh! BRING IT!

Random Thoughts - Page 3 Big22110531

Where is that kiddy pool of jello when you need it?
Back to top Go down
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch
Akasha'sMistake

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 2:04 am

I haven't been here in... forever~! I don't even know where to begin to catch up - you all are such a chatty bunch! Razz

Anyways, hello again. Smile
Back to top Go down
PorcelainPirate
Witch
Witch
PorcelainPirate

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 6:10 pm

Akasha! Akasha's here! Yay!!!!
Back to top Go down
blackorchid
Master
Master
blackorchid

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 4:08 pm

Kasmira wrote:
blackorchid wrote:

Oh! BRING IT!

Random Thoughts - Page 3 Big22110531

Where is that kiddy pool of jello when you need it?

I've been waiting for you... EHE is out of beer by now! Fort
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Master
Master
KittyKat

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 6:12 pm

Start your day right- Eat a virgin!

I woke up with that slogan running through my head. Your fault for being my friends I have to plague you with it hehe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next