GothicRefuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gothic refuge a place for goths.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Random Thoughts

Go down 
+19
KittyKat
Velvet Spider
endless dark
helen damnation
blackorchid
Taraiha
PorcelainPirate
Maxmordon
Siddicus Rex
semyaza
gloomth
Morella
EvilHippyEmperor
MoonRaven
Nika
Ginger_Snaps
Kasmira
eyvind
Akasha'sMistake
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Random Thoughts - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 7:31 pm

PS In the course of checking the size of aforementioned squid I came across this:
Giant Octopus vs Mega Shark on IMDB

Has anyone seen this, and is it really as bad as it sounds?
Back to top Go down
PorcelainPirate
Witch
Witch
PorcelainPirate

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 8:43 pm

I ALMOST saw it, and I was secretly hoping that it would be awesome. Unfortunately I didn't make it to that particular social gathering, so the host just put a blow-up doll on the 'octopus' side of the room to represent me.
Which side would you guys be on?
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 6:40 pm

As a megalomaniac evil tyrant I am contractually obliged to have both sharks and a giant octopus in the depths of the Fortress of Diabolicalness, but my personal preference is for sharks.

They are such a superbly evolved creature. (Or for the creationists amongst you: They are a creature superbly designed, and magnificently fit for purpose.)

Octopods are fascinating in their own way, and certainly appear to be remarkably intelligent creatures when they aren't appearing as cheesy effects in monster flicks, but there is something about the shark that just says "I am extremely good at what I do" in a quiet, confident voice.

Last edited by EvilHippyEmperor on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 6:41 pm

PorcelainPirate wrote:
...the host just put a blow-up doll on the 'octopus' side of the room to represent me...
I must say you do have very lifelike skin and realistic hair.
Back to top Go down
PorcelainPirate
Witch
Witch
PorcelainPirate

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 6:57 pm

That's why I only come out at night. Bright light tarnishes the realism.
Back to top Go down
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

Number of posts : 439

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 7:14 pm

Any further discussion of our friends as blow-up dolls can't go anywhere good, so on to wholesome topics like killing machines.

I'm in the Octopus' camp. I love octopi and always have. I think one of the main things that draws me to them is that they're rather remarkably intelligent, and have NO BRAIN! Not hyperbole, they don't have brains per se. Just... ganglial... thingies... That's pretty remarkable. One of the smartest things in the ocean is closer related to a slug than the "higher evolved" fish and such.

That and they can change their color and texture at will, which makes them basically invisible, and they can go anywhere their beaks can fit through, and they have ink if all else fails. They're the ultimate escape artists.

The movie looks absolutely horrible, from conception to execution. I simply must get it for my collection at my first opportunity.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorteapots.com
PorcelainPirate
Witch
Witch
PorcelainPirate

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 5:36 pm

So, so with Gomez on this.

Anyway, I came to post out of curiosity if anyone here has an LJ. Seeing as I quite like you lot, and I've decided to actually use mine from time to time Smile
Back to top Go down
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 6:36 am

You know that feeling when someone uses a technical term you're not familiar with, but in a context that makes you think you probably should have heard of it and know what it is? And then you don't know what's going on, but it's clear you're expected to, so you try to decide how best to proceed without looking like a total idiot?

Ever had that feeling?

Yeah, I live there.
Back to top Go down
PorcelainPirate
Witch
Witch
PorcelainPirate

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 5:32 pm

Gomez wrote:
You know that feeling when someone uses a technical term you're not familiar with, but in a context that makes you think you probably should have heard of it and know what it is? And then you don't know what's going on, but it's clear you're expected to, so you try to decide how best to proceed without looking like a total idiot?

Ever had that feeling?

Yeah, I live there.

I know this one! I know this one really well! Damn IT guy boyfriend. Razz
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 11:40 am

Gomez wrote:

Ever had that feeling?

Yeah, I live there.
Normally at that point I look a total idiot.

Or I suggest bouncing a graviton particle beam off the main deflector dish.

Or both.
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
Mod
Mod
helen damnation

Number of posts : 168

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 12:08 am

I feel like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz

I shall now beat myself over the head with a tin tray until sense returns!
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 12:31 pm

Somehow I can't imagine you in the gingham frock.
Green, and in the pointy hat perhaps, but not in gingham.

I can imagine you in lots of other outfits, but we won't even go there...
Back to top Go down
Taraiha
Witch
Witch
Taraiha

Number of posts : 332

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 9:27 pm

I can totally imagine her beating people over the head with the tin man though.

Oh wait... she said tray...
Back to top Go down
http://rhomany.org.uk
helen damnation
Mod
Mod
helen damnation

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 11:33 pm

I've had a bad day - the tin man is entirely expendable

I have to admit that I read that as beating off the tin man! Smile
Back to top Go down
Taraiha
Witch
Witch
Taraiha

Number of posts : 332

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 3:34 pm

I always wondered what was going on between him and the Scarecrow....
Back to top Go down
http://rhomany.org.uk
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 4:31 pm

Well the tin man does have a large chopper...
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
Mod
Mod
helen damnation

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 11:29 pm

Twisted Evil

I shall never watch The Wizard of Oz in quite the same frame of mind again!
Back to top Go down
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 6:54 pm

Here's a random thought:

My kids are so incredibly different!

Max is currently feverishly working on his fifth birthday party. He's been at it about 2 months now, with absolutely no signs of slowing or losing interest. His birthday is in October. And I know from past experience that he will continue working at it at an obsessive and brilliant rate right up until about two days before the day, when he'll consider it 'done' and relax.

(BTW, it's going to be his second annual "Monster Party." It's a masquerade where you come dressed as your favorite monster and eat hot dog people in ketchup ("blood") and all sorts of weird and tentacley things, and play these gruesome monster games straight out of the mind of a little boy - a slightly deranged one at that. And there's gothy music, and it's all dark and spooky and stuff.)

A while ago (I need to get on here more) Max and I were discussing the finer points of a game he was inventing for the occasion when a thought hit me - immediately followed by that incomparable feeling of "parent guilt." We had been talking about this party every evening for several nights in a row, when I suddenly realized: Darien! Darien's birthday is three weeks before Max' and I've given all this thought and effort to Max' birthday, and haven't spared thought one about what I'm going to do for Darien! I'm playing favorites! I'm ignoring my other son! I'm a terrible father! I hear ancestors weeping!!!

So then I pulled myself together and took a breath and thought: Okay. What would be the perfect party for Darien.

It rushed upon me, fully formed. I could see the whole event.

We would have rainbow colored balloons and streamers. We would give away little plastic toys as party favors. Everyone would wear pointy, paper hats with teddy bears on them. Then we would bring out a happily-colored cake and sing "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you..." and he'd blow out candles and we'd clap, and then we'd have vanilla cake with vanilla ice cream, and drink some carbonated soft drinks before time to open presents.

Really and truly, that is the PERFECT Darien party.

My kids have nothing in common.
Back to top Go down
endless dark
Master
Master
endless dark

Number of posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 4:23 pm

Tis the season, for spam Neutral Suspect
Back to top Go down
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 5:01 pm

These bots keep getting more and more lifelike. Check out this message I just got:

Quote :
guffaw detachmentresolutelypoop rook
Hello.. capriceseafood talk w/ me pls complex www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vbW91dGgubW9jYWtlcmRyL
mluZm8=?airplanespangle?kingfisherinnkeeper tiff relieved asleep gate doze lovely /n man chapel caboose generic doubles approach petrified flower rhino swimming /n removed

I can't quite be sure if it's legit or not...
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 6:39 pm

Gomez wrote:
These bots keep getting more and more lifelike. Check out this message I just got:

Quote :
guffaw detachmentresolutelypoop rook
Hello.. capriceseafood talk w/ me pls complex www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vbW91dGgubW9jYWtlcmRyL
mluZm8=?airplanespangle?kingfisherinnkeeper tiff relieved asleep gate doze lovely /n man chapel caboose generic doubles approach petrified flower rhino swimming /n removed

I can't quite be sure if it's legit or not...
Don't know what you chunder?wicketspoodle anglepoise. It all looks yangtse thylocine rosebowl /noodle/ big bouncy ones kendle pootpoot to me...
Back to top Go down
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 10:17 am

What I find most distressing is that I fail to see the actual point. See, there must at some point been something like a point. This is a bot posting, right? Well, someone built the bot with some reason in mind. It's likely trying to get me to buy something, but what in the world is it trying to get me to look at or buy or do?

I suppose to find the answer I need to click the link... scary stuff, but I'm genuinely curious...

That link doesn't go anywhere. Seriously, what's the message supposed to do?

Last edited by Gomez on Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : posted results of clicking)
Back to top Go down
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 9:36 am

Fireworks Fireworks
Yay! We just celebrated our annual holiday where we gather with loved ones and celebrate with fireworks, music, and barbecues the fact that we are not Brittish!

cheers

Fireworks animated smiley seems to not work though...
Back to top Go down
endless dark
Master
Master
endless dark

Number of posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 6:38 pm

where is everyone? I get everyone has real lives but I can't remember anyone not showing up at GB for this longand these are the same people that come here. The fact alone I havent seen EHE or GWE's names on the online in the longest time is making me wonder if everyhtings alright... where is everyone, just lurking or???
Back to top Go down
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 9:45 am

I'm still here.

But I'm wondering the same thing.

confused

Plus side, everyone talks on FaceBook. Kinda. Not that it supports the kinds of discussions I miss here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next