GothicRefuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gothic refuge a place for goths.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Random Thoughts

Go down 
+19
KittyKat
Velvet Spider
endless dark
helen damnation
blackorchid
Taraiha
PorcelainPirate
Maxmordon
Siddicus Rex
semyaza
gloomth
Morella
EvilHippyEmperor
MoonRaven
Nika
Ginger_Snaps
Kasmira
eyvind
Akasha'sMistake
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Random Thoughts - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 12:57 am

What does Bruce Wayne do if he is invited to a masked ball? Surely people would be saying "Hey, with that mask on your chin looks a hell of a lot like Batman's..."
Back to top Go down
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 6:24 am

I read a pulp novel once in which Bruce did that very thing! Went to a Halloween party dressed up as Batman, but using Bruce Wayne voice and mannerisms. Everyone thought it was hilarious, since he looked so much like Batman.
Nobody thought it was as funny as Bruce did, though.
It was also an older model costume that he hadn't used in years, so it didn't look exactly "authentic."
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorteapots.com
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch
Akasha'sMistake

Number of posts : 265

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 7:49 am

Gomez wrote:
Um... something to say... something to say...

So what's a "ho" anyway? Is that like a wannabe whore?

Random Thoughts - Page 5 Hoe

In my defense... I was bored.

Really, really bored.
Back to top Go down
PorcelainPirate
Witch
Witch
PorcelainPirate

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 6:58 am

I have an opportunity to move to London soon. This will require careful consideration.
Back to top Go down
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 10:50 am

What's London like these days? Being a foreigner, I don't know much about it past... oh... 1890 or so.
Back to top Go down
PorcelainPirate
Witch
Witch
PorcelainPirate

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 4:30 pm

Gomez wrote:
What's London like these days? Being a foreigner, I don't know much about it past... oh... 1890 or so.

And I somehow managed to entirely miss that question, Gomez. Apologies.
London is... London. It's a fascinating place to be, and the nicer areas never fail to take my breath away. Historic architecture mixed with hyper modern glass buildings, wonky streets and a mass of hugely diverse people...
And apparently people are always surprised by how much green space there is within the city. Parks and things everywhere.

Last edited by PorcelainPirate on Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
PorcelainPirate
Witch
Witch
PorcelainPirate

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 4:31 pm

Oh, and my original reason for coming to this thread:

I noticed the other day how pretty much all our posting is in the Ranting and Happy threads. It struck me as funny that our lives can so easily be condensed.
Back to top Go down
Taraiha
Witch
Witch
Taraiha

Number of posts : 332

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 2:42 am

PorcelainPirate wrote:
It struck me as funny that our lives can so easily be condensed.
You're not familiar with Twitter then....
Back to top Go down
http://rhomany.org.uk
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 10:24 am

I don't tweet. Perhaps that's why my messages wander farther afield but I don't get followed much.

Thanks for the reply. London sounds rather as I'd pictured it, actually. Ancient roots but modern necessity. The amount of green though does surprise me. I figured it would be choked by the density of buildings. Glad to hear that isn't the case.
Back to top Go down
PorcelainPirate
Witch
Witch
PorcelainPirate

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 4:57 pm

Taraiha wrote:
PorcelainPirate wrote:
It struck me as funny that our lives can so easily be condensed.
You're not familiar with Twitter then....

*HISS* Don't like Twitter. There's something about shouting your every thought and move to the internet that unnerves me somewhat. Facebook is bad enough, but I've now worked out how to delete some of the unnecesary things it spews out.

And as for London, Gomez, you know the best thing to do? Bring the family over one day.

Last edited by PorcelainPirate on Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 6:10 pm

I do intend to visit the city eventually... but it's pretty eventual at this point. I've always wanted to see Scotland and my wife wants to see Wales. If we do both, well, it would take work to avoid going to London, and we might as well take in the sights while we're there. But it's definitely not happening next year, and year after doesn't look any better at this point.
But hopefully we'll still be in touch when the opportunity comes. I'd love the chance to meet some overseas friends and have a voice to match to the text.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:41 pm

PorcelainPirate wrote:
I could probably be a good tour guide, I know all the best places to eat Very Happy

Are you available on 6th June? The GWE and I will be celebrating our wedding anniversary with a weekend in the crapital.
Back to top Go down
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 1:12 pm

You serious?! That's my birfday! I was born on 6/6/1977.

A numerologist once showed me something neat. She said six was a "lucky" number (whatever the hell that means) and did this trick where you find your single-digit birthyear thingy (don't ask, I really REALLY don't understand this system) and said I was very extremely lucky because the year is lucky, too.

1+9+7+7=24

2+4=6

Therefore I have three lucky numbers in my birthday.

Honest to cheese, she didn't at all notice the humor of the fact that I was born on 6/6/6.

I sure made a note of it, though!

When my brother in law asked me (in 2006) when my birthday was going to be, I said 6/6 of '06. After 2.3 seconds of exasperated silence he suddenly ejaculated, "NOTHING is right about you, is it?!!"

"No, not really," I said calmly. Count
Back to top Go down
PorcelainPirate
Witch
Witch
PorcelainPirate

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 4:31 pm

EvilHippyEmperor wrote:
PorcelainPirate wrote:
I could probably be a good tour guide, I know all the best places to eat Very Happy

Are you available on 6th June? The GWE and I will be celebrating our wedding anniversary with a weekend in the crapital.

It's very likely, EHE.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 5:39 pm

Gomez wrote:
You serious?! That's my birfday! I was born on 6/6/1977.
Then we should raise a glass to one another on such an auspicious day!
(After all, a certain degree of glass raising would seem to be in order for both parties!)
Very Happy

This will be our third anniversary, as we are "cheezy goffick" enough to have chosen 6/6/6 as our wedding day.
Back to top Go down
blackorchid
Master
Master
blackorchid

Number of posts : 130

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 3:13 am

I am just having a few random thoughts here. Yep. Random. Bored, I am. Yep, bored. I am enjoying watching the white letters pop up on the black screen as I hit the keys with my fingers. Amazing.... technology. OF course, it takes very little these days to amaze me. It all happens so fast that it seems like sometimes that the world is just whirling by. Faster than I can keep up with. I like black. I think I would rather see these letters in red against the black. Much more angsty and moody. Yep, these are random thoughts alright. Guess I will mozy on along now. I have contributed to the random thought thread by voicing my randomness.

OMG.... Boredom has reduced me to a blubbering idiot. Now, that was random!
Back to top Go down
PorcelainPirate
Witch
Witch
PorcelainPirate

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 7:05 am

I'm starting to think I'm fundamentally incapable of keeping normal hours of my own accord.
Back to top Go down
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 5:36 pm

I know I am. Left to my own devices I sleep best from 2AM to 10AM, but even when left to my own devices it does vary.
Back to top Go down
Taraiha
Witch
Witch
Taraiha

Number of posts : 332

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 8:45 pm

Gomez wrote:
I know I am. Left to my own devices I sleep best from 2AM to 10AM, but even when left to my own devices it does vary.
Change those AMs to PMs and that's me. Since I went mostly self employed, I tend to get up at the crack of mid afternoon and caryr on til dawn. It's just my natural cycle.
Back to top Go down
http://rhomany.org.uk
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 3:38 pm

Gomez wrote:
Left to my own devices I sleep best from 2AM to 10AM
Another similarity between us. Unfortunately my employer has this peculiar notion that I should start work by 9:00am each morning. The bounder.
Back to top Go down
PorcelainPirate
Witch
Witch
PorcelainPirate

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 6:17 pm

I wish I had some interesting things to post about. I miss active discussion.
Back to top Go down
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 10:46 pm

My boys just got two pet frogs. The girls across the street got a whole bucket full and their mom said they could only keep two, so the neighborhood kids all got some. Max named his Jumpy. Darien named his 127. (It's pronounced One-Two-Seven).
Back to top Go down
PorcelainPirate
Witch
Witch
PorcelainPirate

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:00 am

I like how your boys think. I have a tendency to name things either numerically or with something really descriptive.

My Venus Fly Trap is called Mr Chompy Smile
Back to top Go down
eyvind
Master
Master

Number of posts : 130

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 6:08 am

Right now I am trying 'real' Absinthe with Wormwood for the first time
I'll let you know if I see any Green Faeries
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 11:02 am

Absinthe produced in me a most unusual sensation of euphoria, or as I described it whilst under the influence: "it hit my brain like half a ton of rocket powered Happy"

That was about three years ago, and the GWE is only now contemplating allowing me to drink it again!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next