GothicRefuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gothic refuge a place for goths.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Random Thoughts

Go down 
+19
KittyKat
Velvet Spider
endless dark
helen damnation
blackorchid
Taraiha
PorcelainPirate
Maxmordon
Siddicus Rex
semyaza
gloomth
Morella
EvilHippyEmperor
MoonRaven
Nika
Ginger_Snaps
Kasmira
eyvind
Akasha'sMistake
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch
Akasha'sMistake

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Random Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 5:03 am

(The Mods can move this if they see fit...I just didn't know where else to put it!)

For mine... I just noticed that the one thread the reads "Show off your talent" is cut off at an awkward point on the front page... it looks like it says, "Show off your ta~ta's"

Laughing

I lol'ed. Alot.

>* Moved by Kas to All things goth. :: General goth chat. *<
Back to top Go down
eyvind
Master
Master

Number of posts : 130

Random Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 5:26 am

time zones. just weird
Back to top Go down
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

Number of posts : 324

Random Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 5:53 am

Akasha'sMistake wrote:
(The Mods can move this if they see fit...I just didn't know where else to put it!)

For mine... I just noticed that the one thread the reads "Show off your talent" is cut off at an awkward point on the front page... it looks like it says, "Show off your ta~ta's"

Laughing

I lol'ed. Alot.

Boobies! yay.
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Master
Master
Ginger_Snaps

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Random Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 7:00 am

Did GB close already. I noticed I couldn't even post.
Back to top Go down
Nika
Master
Master
Nika

Number of posts : 103

Random Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 8:25 am

Looks like I can't post there either...
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Master
Master
Ginger_Snaps

Random Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 9:25 am

Parish closed down the forum even though it is before August.
Back to top Go down
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

Random Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 9:27 am

I talked to endless and he said that cyn found that you can go in and change a post you have already made. I changed my last post in "where do we go from here"

Seems GB was closed 10 days early.
Back to top Go down
Nika
Master
Master
Nika

Number of posts : 103

Random Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 9:35 am

Makes me a little sad. There was a lot of people that I wanted to swap email addresses with, or something. I guess I'll just have to hope that they surface on one of these other forums...
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Master
Master
Ginger_Snaps

Random Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 8:35 pm

Why is it that I do my best thinking right before I go to bed, but just to loose it when I wake up?
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
Master
Master
MoonRaven

Number of posts : 47

Random Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 10:20 pm

Ginger_Snaps wrote:

How very rude. He didn't even give us until August knowing what the forum meant to everyone.
Back to top Go down
http://raven721.deviantart.com
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Number of posts : 764

Random Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 1:11 am

MoonRaven wrote:
Ginger_Snaps wrote:

How very rude. He didn't even give us until August knowing what the forum meant to everyone.
Given the loyal core of members that GB had, it is very disappointing that they couldn't even be bothered to wind down the forum decently.
Back to top Go down
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

Random Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 1:14 am

Your all taking it rather well.

My reaction was a tad more colorfull.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Random Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 1:16 am

Kasmira wrote:
Your all taking it rather well.

My reaction was a tad more colorfull.
We would expect no less from you, my dear.
Back to top Go down
Morella
Master
Master

Number of posts : 51

Random Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 1:27 am

And it appears the last-post honors go to Madelchai. Bittersweet congratulations, wherever he took off to.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Random Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 1:35 am

Morella wrote:
And it appears the last-post honors go to Madelchai. Bittersweet congratulations, wherever he took off to.
I think our thanks should go to Madelchai for his efforts on our behalf. Do bear in mind that Endless and I were both firmly entrenched in GB, and Madelchai had only been a member for a few weeks, which may well have influenced people's choices.

I know he has signed up on Endless's forum, but I don't know how active he has been there.
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Master
Master
Ginger_Snaps

Random Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 1:41 am

He has a few posts on endless's. He may not be too active right now because he is trying to get his package from cryoflesh back (it was stolen).
Back to top Go down
gloomth
Master
Master
gloomth

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Random Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 6:40 am

Well. the GB forums are closed early. Sad

I hope everyone migrates! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.gloomth.com
Ginger_Snaps
Master
Master
Ginger_Snaps

Random Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 6:54 am

I have seen a lot of people migrate to either of the popular boards.
Back to top Go down
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch
Akasha'sMistake

Number of posts : 265

Random Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 8:54 am

Gloomth! I thought we had lost you somehow! I'm glad I'm proven wrong!
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Random Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 2:02 pm

gloomth wrote:

Hi Gloomth, glad to have you aboard.
Very Happy

I am frankly rather p***ed off at GB for locking their boards like this; in fact the way they have handled the closure of the boards altogether.

It would not have hurt them one iota to have made a proper announcement and given us all enough warning to plan an 'orderly evacuation' rather than the confused mess that we have actually ended up with.

However, there's no use crying over spilt milk. We'll just have to make the best of the situation.
Back to top Go down
gloomth
Master
Master
gloomth

Random Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 7:54 pm

EvilHippyEmperor wrote:
gloomth wrote:

Hi Gloomth, glad to have you aboard.
Very Happy

I am frankly rather p***ed off at GB for locking their boards like this; in fact the way they have handled the closure of the boards altogether.

It would not have hurt them one iota to have made a proper announcement and given us all enough warning to plan an 'orderly evacuation' rather than the confused mess that we have actually ended up with.

Thank you! I appreciate that! Smile

Ive come to really enjoy the people Ive met on the GB boards and it was really disappointing to find out the forums were closing.

Why didnt they hire regulars from the boards to run them or something?
Or transfer all the forums to another domain so its off their servers and have someone run them???

Weird weird.
I suppose if they cant run it, they just cant. *shrug*
Back to top Go down
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

Random Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 11:45 pm

Well it doesn't take THAT much work to run something like a forum. Not once its up and running as the GB was.

BUT as has been pointed out by parish before. GB is a business. If the Forum wasnt generating subscriptions for GB then why have it using the mags resources. I think GB has made there point clear that its money over community. So they will not get my money but i still have the community. There loss.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Random Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 12:26 am

Kasmira wrote:
I think GB has made there point clear that its money over community. So they will not get my money but i still have the community.
I've been getting that vibe off a few people.
Back to top Go down
gloomth
Master
Master
gloomth

Random Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 2:04 am

Kasmira wrote:
Well it doesn't take THAT much work to run something like a forum. Not once its up and running as the GB was.

BUT as has been pointed out by parish before. GB is a business. If the Forum wasnt generating subscriptions for GB then why have it using the mags resources. I think GB has made there point clear that its money over community. So they will not get my money but i still have the community. There loss.

I think thats something wonderful about the Gothic "subculture" there is a sense of community there in some ways. Goths have long used the internet and forums to find one another and reach out.
Especially if you were from some pissant rural area like I was, waiting aeons for the old text only sites to come up through my modem. Smile
Goths seem to want their magazines, stores, music to support and participate in the community and help solidify and encourage the growth of the "subculture" (icky word). But maybe Im idealistic?

I dont see why a community WOULDNT be important to a magazine. What a great resource as far as having more input on what your reader's want, what theyre into right now, what theyre shopping for etc. Invaluable information.
Yes its a small and select cross section but there are always new members, and advertised properly it would be a great way to create brand recognition and a more loyal and involved following.

But Im weird. Razz
Back to top Go down
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

Random Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 3:31 am

Sadly in my opinion GB has turned into nothing but a fashion rag. Pushing mostly clothing that only the most well off could afford. I would have loved to have seen more indie merchandise showcased in the mag. But then I wasn't running it. Oh well they wont be getting any of my money thats for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Random Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next