GothicRefuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gothic refuge a place for goths.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Random Thoughts

Go down 
+19
KittyKat
Velvet Spider
endless dark
helen damnation
blackorchid
Taraiha
PorcelainPirate
Maxmordon
Siddicus Rex
semyaza
gloomth
Morella
EvilHippyEmperor
MoonRaven
Nika
Ginger_Snaps
Kasmira
eyvind
Akasha'sMistake
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
semyaza
Master
Master

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Random Thoughts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 3:32 am

Kasmira wrote:
Your all taking it rather well.

My reaction was a tad more colorfull.

Well, you know all too well MY reaction to what happened last year.

I pretty much has figured out Parrish and his motivations (even stooping to lying about why he kicked a whole batch of us off), but it seemed most people kept defending him and making myself, Nahemah and some others look like the bad guys. Now I find myself telling the doubters and naysayers: "I told you so".

In any event, what's done is done. Time to move forward.

As for me, I moved forward a long time ago, but have missed quite a few of you ever since then.
Back to top Go down
semyaza
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 3:36 am

Kasmira wrote:
Sadly in my opinion GB has turned into nothing but a fashion rag. Pushing mostly clothing that only the most well off could afford. I would have loved to have seen more indie merchandise showcased in the mag. But then I wasn't running it. Oh well they wont be getting any of my money thats for sure.

Agreed.

Like I stated in another post, Deathrock magazine is THE gothic magazine to get. It's more professional looking, is more interested in the community, and focuses less on the high end fashion in favor of a more DIY ethic, which was the original ethic goth had.
Back to top Go down
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 3:47 am

semyaza wrote:
Now I find myself telling the doubters and naysayers: "I told you so".

So do you like do a little dance and thumb your nose at them wile you say "I told you so"? Razz
Back to top Go down
Siddicus Rex
Spammer
Spammer
Siddicus Rex

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Hello   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 5:44 am

Hi, everyone, I'm here!

I posted the same thing in the Endless Dark forum, but not everyone is there or here, so I will post again:

Am I the only one disappointed with the cover of Issue 26? I don't find the model attractive in any way. Her bright red lips draw attention to her discolored teeth. We've seen such makeup before, and she's not wearing anything at all (which defeats the purpose of a fashion magazine). There is supposed to be a major section about the laws of Elegant Gothic Lolita. Why isn't there a lolita theme for the cover as a teaser? I just wrote to Gothic Beauty about this as constructive criticism. Maybe we all have some advice for the magazine.
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Master
Master
Ginger_Snaps

Number of posts : 184

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 6:44 am

What is it about the song Shut Up and Drive that annoys me?
Back to top Go down
semyaza
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 6:57 am

Kasmira wrote:
semyaza wrote:
Now I find myself telling the doubters and naysayers: "I told you so".

So do you like do a little dance and thumb your nose at them wile you say "I told you so"? Razz

Actually, I really don't like saying that.

Plus, I have never danced a step in my life. Seriously.

I'm wayyyy too self conscious about it. When I was in high school, our physical education classes would terminate their usual itinerary of running and exercise by slipping in one week of dance classes. I was so scared and paranoid about looking stupid, I told my teacher it was against my religion to dance. Then I was given permission to go work out in the weight room.
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Master
Master
Ginger_Snaps

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 7:53 am

I can't really see sem being lite footed.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Number of posts : 764

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 12:51 pm

semyaza wrote:
Like I stated in another post, Deathrock magazine is THE gothic magazine to get.
Sorry, but Deathrock* is not my idea of goth at all. For me, elegance is paramount in Goth, and is terribly lacking from deathrock.

(*In general terms. I haven't seen the Deathrock magazine itself, though I suspect elegance is not high on its agenda!)
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Master
Master
Ginger_Snaps

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 6:31 pm

meh, We all have different ideas of what makes up goth.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 10:36 pm

Fortunately we haven't yet got a 100 page thread where we all explain what they are.
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 11:08 pm

^^ and lets not!
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Master
Master
Ginger_Snaps

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 2:49 am

I don't think you would have to worry about that. Most people that come here are already familiar with the culture.
Back to top Go down
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch
Akasha'sMistake

Number of posts : 265

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 7:09 am

^I simply cannot WAIT until we get some new members, that were unfamiliar with the GB community...and they want to define it.

tongue
Back to top Go down
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 7:37 am

^^ i can Razz
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 1:01 pm

Akasha'sMistake wrote:
^I simply cannot WAIT until we get some new members, that were unfamiliar with the GB community...and they want to define it.

tongue
Given that many of our members are in the "30+" bracket, I rather pity the first 14 year old who tells us we don't understand what Goth is!

That said, I always wanted GB to be a place where goths of all ages could exchange ideas, so hopefully that can continue with the Refuge. If they come, let's try to steer them away from the mall, and help them develop their own style of goth, rather than just buying it off the peg.
Back to top Go down
Nika
Master
Master
Nika

Number of posts : 103

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 6:39 pm

EvilHippyEmperor wrote:
Akasha'sMistake wrote:

tongue
Given that many of our members are in the "30+" bracket, I rather pity the first 14 year old who tells us we don't understand what Goth is!

I giggle at the thought of this.
Back to top Go down
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 7:10 pm

I want EVERYONE to know I'm not 30+. Well not yet anyways. Sides, i think i will stay 27 forever.... pay no attention to that number by my name......

Nah if we don't get older that means we are dead, and till i find that hot vamp with a heart of gold i would rather no be dead.

And off the peg as EHE put it isn't that bad. A lot of what i get like that. The trick is to turn something everyone has into something unique and fantabulous.
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Master
Master
Ginger_Snaps

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 11:42 pm

They can always go to the mall but steer them away from Hot Topic and into the other stores (there they are challenged to find their style).
Back to top Go down
eyvind
Master
Master

Number of posts : 130

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 9:30 am

Sometimes I wished I lived in the UK and sometimes not. It seems like "the grass is always greener on the other side" is so true more than ever
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
Witch
Witch
Maxmordon

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 10:34 am

it will be harder when such new members start to ask why there are two forums for a former forum... can someone write some sort of introduction?
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 11:31 am

Congratulations! You've just volunteered yourself to come up with the first draft!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
Witch
Witch
Maxmordon

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 12:21 pm

Alright... can it be a catchy tune? Like MST3K theme song? must we pay money to them then?

In the not too distant past, July of '08
There was this great board,
For people like you and me.
We were all a family,
posting night and day.
But the magazine ran out of money
and sent us all to hell

It was all without warning,
not really kind.
Just a letter of farewell
and the door in your face.
We try to it keep running,
with a forum here and there.
As long we are together
we can go back from hell!

Mod calling!
Kasmira
Dog Soldier
Helen
EHE!

If you wondering why two forums
and other things like such
keep in mind we didn't much time
to be better organized
for making Gothic Refuge!

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=DcUkKltAidM
Back to top Go down
PorcelainPirate
Witch
Witch
PorcelainPirate

Number of posts : 265

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 1:03 pm

I spy a Gomez! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 1:18 pm

PorcelainPirate wrote:
I spy a Gomez! Very Happy
I'll get the net, you get the tranquiliser darts...
Back to top Go down
Taraiha
Witch
Witch
Taraiha

Number of posts : 332

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 6:25 pm

I always think it's really funny when people preface their post on a forum with 'the Mods can delete this if they want...'

Of course they can - and any other post without that preface too. They're Mods. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://rhomany.org.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next