GothicRefuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gothic refuge a place for goths.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Dying your Hair...with no dye.

Go down 
+5
Taraiha
EvilHippyEmperor
Kasmira
helen damnation
Akasha'sMistake
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch
Akasha'sMistake

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Dying your Hair...with no dye. Empty
PostSubject: Dying your Hair...with no dye.   Dying your Hair...with no dye. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 11:54 pm

I've never tried this before... but I'm tempted to. Goths are rather notorious for being broke most of the time (sacrificing food to buy more CDs and boots and whatnot). Very Happy So the idea of being able to get rid of my nasty blonde roots when I'm batsh!t broke sounds good to me! Even if it's only temporary!

Has anyone here ever tried to dye their hair with things from their pantry? Kool-Aid, or perhaps other home concoctions? Has it worked for you, and what tips would you recommend?

For the Kool-Aid trick, I've found numerous tutorials...all of which say different things.

For example:

http://www.wikihow.com/Dye-Your-Hair-Using-Kool-Aid

and

http://www.wikihow.com/Dye-Hair-With-Kool-Aid

Last edited by Akasha'sMistake on Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
Mod
Mod
helen damnation

Number of posts : 168

PostSubject: Re: Dying your Hair...with no dye.   Dying your Hair...with no dye. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 12:26 am

I have been known on a night out to freak out at the white hairs that I see and blast them with mascara! Never heard of the Kool Aid thing but we don't have that, to my knowledge, in the UK!
Back to top Go down
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Dying your Hair...with no dye.   Dying your Hair...with no dye. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 12:41 am

Gray hair, please like any of us leave the dye out long enought to let a gray hair form. I havent seen my natural hair color in years and years and years.

kool aid sadly never worked on my dark hair, but kicks ass in the spawns.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Number of posts : 764

PostSubject: Re: Dying your Hair...with no dye.   Dying your Hair...with no dye. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 12:42 am

I like my white hairs!
I like the electric blue shimmer they giv me under UV lights!
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Taraiha
Witch
Witch
Taraiha

Number of posts : 332

PostSubject: Re: Dying your Hair...with no dye.   Dying your Hair...with no dye. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 3:31 am

helen damnation wrote:
I have been known on a night out to freak out at the white hairs that I see and blast them with mascara! Never heard of the Kool Aid thing but we don't have that, to my knowledge, in the UK!
I've never tried Kool-Aid either since we don't have it here, but I'm betting they don't make it in Cosmic Blue anyway Helen.
Back to top Go down
http://rhomany.org.uk
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

PostSubject: Re: Dying your Hair...with no dye.   Dying your Hair...with no dye. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 3:36 am

Taraiha wrote:
helen damnation wrote:
I've never tried Kool-Aid either since we don't have it here, but I'm betting they don't make it in Cosmic Blue anyway Helen.

Oh you poor misguided soul. It is called Blue Raspberry and is my fave flavor. And kind of looks like my text.
Back to top Go down
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch
Akasha'sMistake

PostSubject: Re: Dying your Hair...with no dye.   Dying your Hair...with no dye. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 5:40 am

^Smile Mine too.

What method would you suggest I try Kas? The water bottle (which sounds weird to me)...or the conditioner method?
Back to top Go down
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

PostSubject: Re: Dying your Hair...with no dye.   Dying your Hair...with no dye. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 5:55 am

Akasha'sMistake wrote:
^Smile Mine too.

What method would you suggest I try Kas? The water bottle (which sounds weird to me)...or the conditioner method?

I would go with the conditioner method myself. One can never over condition there hair i bet. Thats how i did it back in the day. But remember that you have to have light hair or bleach it just like any other light dye. Though it will tint darker hair the true color wont come out with out it being lightened.
Back to top Go down
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch
Akasha'sMistake

PostSubject: Re: Dying your Hair...with no dye.   Dying your Hair...with no dye. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 6:12 am

Kasmira wrote:
Akasha'sMistake wrote:
^Smile Mine too.

I would go with the conditioner method myself. One can never over condition there hair i bet. Thats how i did it back in the day. But remember that you have to have light hair or bleach it just like any other light dye. Though it will tint darker hair the true color wont come out with out it being lightened.

Thanks for the tip, Kas. I plan to test it out on my roots only really... (they are bright effing blonde, which looks just oh-so-yummy *note sarcasm* against my dyed black hair).

Wish me luck! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Master
Master
Ginger_Snaps

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Dying your Hair...with no dye.   Dying your Hair...with no dye. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 7:04 am

I guess you could try food dye, but for black I have only seen it out during Halloween.
Back to top Go down
Luminita
Master
Master

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Dying your Hair...with no dye.   Dying your Hair...with no dye. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 10:18 am

how about henna and indigo? its natural and good for your hair. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PorcelainPirate
Witch
Witch
PorcelainPirate

PostSubject: Re: Dying your Hair...with no dye.   Dying your Hair...with no dye. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 9:44 am

But probably mor expensive than that Kool Aid stuff, methinks.

If anyone's interested in the henna route, I really recommend the henna blocks from Lush. You mix them up with really hot water, and put them on your head (overnight works best), and it comes out so ridiculously soft.

I've found that the black one doesn't ake your hair true black, but it does make it deeper colour. And the red one's amazigly fiery, especially on light hair.

I think they sell a black, a red, a brown, and a reddish-brown. And, depending on which one you get, they smell of varying proportions of coffee and clove.
Back to top Go down
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch
Akasha'sMistake

PostSubject: Re: Dying your Hair...with no dye.   Dying your Hair...with no dye. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 6:39 am

^That sounds lovely, Pirate...thank you for the suggestion; I may just look into that! I have to first finish up the bottles of dye I have under the sink at the moment... and then I may try henna! bounce
Back to top Go down
PorcelainPirate
Witch
Witch
PorcelainPirate

PostSubject: Re: Dying your Hair...with no dye.   Dying your Hair...with no dye. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 12:14 pm

Just for you, hon, I checked that you can get it in the US, AND got you a linky Smile

How awesome am I? Laughing

http://usa.lush.com/cgi-bin/lushdb/catzoom.html?mv_arg=Henna%20Hair%20Dyes&expand=Haircare&sexpand=HairHennas
Back to top Go down
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch
Akasha'sMistake

PostSubject: Re: Dying your Hair...with no dye.   Dying your Hair...with no dye. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 3:19 am

^Exceedingly awesome! Thank you love! Excited
Back to top Go down
Lolita Rose
Master
Master
Lolita Rose

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Dying your Hair...with no dye.   Dying your Hair...with no dye. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 9:47 pm

Thanks for the link Pirate!
Muchly appreciated!
Mom and I both dye our hair black, so I might be able to talk her into letting me get that.
It seems kind of expensive compared to other dyes, but it'll probably be worth it.
One of the commenters on the black dye said she only needed a third of the block for long hair!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dying your Hair...with no dye.   Dying your Hair...with no dye. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dying your Hair...with no dye.
Page 1 of 1