GothicRefuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gothic refuge a place for goths.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Gothic my Arse

Go down 
+10
Revenant
eyvind
darkwave_71
endless dark
Gomez
KittyKat
EvilHippyEmperor
Ginger_Snaps
Akasha'sMistake
Arkhum
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Arkhum
Master
Master
Arkhum

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Gothic my Arse Empty
PostSubject: Gothic my Arse   Gothic my Arse I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 8:27 pm

I'm ranting because it pisses me off to no end when I want to look up anything gothic and I pick a site that says Gothic but is anything but. What the hell?
Back to top Go down
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch
Akasha'sMistake

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Gothic my Arse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic my Arse   Gothic my Arse I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 10:23 pm

^I agree. It seems at the times the whole world needs to have a great big sit-down to explain exactly what "Goth" is. Seriously... the the constant misinterpretations get tiring at times. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Arkhum
Master
Master
Arkhum

Gothic my Arse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic my Arse   Gothic my Arse I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 12:14 am

I put in for gothic furniture and site for contemporary furniture popped up. All because it had gothic in the title.psh.
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Master
Master
Ginger_Snaps

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Gothic my Arse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic my Arse   Gothic my Arse I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 5:16 am

Each person has their own interpretation of what is and what isn't goth, but when people say something is goth simply because it is black, that is what irks me.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Number of posts : 764

Gothic my Arse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic my Arse   Gothic my Arse I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 9:32 pm

Akasha'sMistake wrote:
the whole world needs to have a great big sit-down to explain exactly what "Goth" is.
Didn't they already do that, back on GB?
Laughing

By the way, Arkhum: Just how gothic is your arse?
(Love the British phrasing, by the way Wink )
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Master
Master
KittyKat

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Gothic my Arse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic my Arse   Gothic my Arse I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 10:58 pm

Does your Arse spout bad poetry and drawl spider webs and crosses on its self?
Back to top Go down
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

Number of posts : 439

Gothic my Arse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic my Arse   Gothic my Arse I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 6:59 am

I have not personally seen Arkhum's arse, but I would venture to bet it is one of the most gothic arses out there.

Personally, though, I am still quite partial to Elvira's, but to each his own.
Gothic my Arse ELV0036

That out of the way...

I agree that it's annoying when people assume that since "Goth" doesn't have a hard-and-fast definition, you can call anything you want Goth. Which is, incidentally, my problem with Goths saying that Goth is "whatever you want it to be." No it isn't. Granted there's more gray area than black-and-white, but there is some black and some white. Spiderwebs are Goth. Voltaire is Goth. Bats are Goth. Period. You don't like it get back to your mall.
Brittany Spears is not goth. Barney is not goth. Frank Lloyd Wright is not Goth.

Sure we can all argue forever about Avril Lavigne, who MOST will say is not, and Marylin Manson, who MOST would say is.

Is Tango goth? Dreadfalls? Celtic Crosses? Johnny Cash? Um... depends. Maybe, maybe not, but that doesn't mean that Goth doesn't at least some of the time mean something.

And this ain't it. I dont' care what Google says:
Gothic my Arse 2
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorteapots.com
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Gothic my Arse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic my Arse   Gothic my Arse I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 11:05 am

Gomez wrote:
I have not personally seen Arkhum's arse, but I would venture to bet it is one of the most gothic arses out there.

Personally, though, I am still quite partial to Elvira's, but to each his own.
I'm rather more partial to Elvira's Arse than my own, but "Each to Elvira's" doesn't quite sound right!
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Master
Master
KittyKat

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Gothic my Arse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic my Arse   Gothic my Arse I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 11:08 pm

Johnny Cash is punk rock! *huffs* get your own country singer... Very Happy but not Willie Nelson- he's pretty punk rock too.

Frank Lloyd Wright may not be goth but he was a tortured soul (blatant manic depressive who tried to kill his family on several occasions) but was a genius of abstract, obscure designs that no one else on the planet has been able to capture like he did. HE may not be goth but he was pretty bitchen. (wow the L.A. valley girl just came out- watch yourselves)

And since Arkum's arse is up for debate I demand pictures! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Gothic my Arse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic my Arse   Gothic my Arse I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 12:35 am

KittyKat wrote:
And since Arkum's arse is up for debate I demand pictures! Twisted Evil
Thank you, thank you, thank you

Well I suppose in the interests of informed debate we really ought to...
Back to top Go down
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch
Akasha'sMistake

Gothic my Arse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic my Arse   Gothic my Arse I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 6:54 am

What the HELL ARE THOSE veins on Angelina's arms?! affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

Number of posts : 439

Gothic my Arse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic my Arse   Gothic my Arse I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 8:00 am

Looks kind of like tree roots or something, doesn't it?

I'm assuming it's just high blood pressure from having just come from the gym or banged someone or something like that and the lighting just accentuates it like crazy.

My veins are actually similar after I've been fighting or something, but you don't see it unless the light hits me crosswise.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorteapots.com
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch
Akasha'sMistake

Gothic my Arse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic my Arse   Gothic my Arse I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 4:28 am

^Well, they are unnatural.... and horrifying. And it makes me wonder why her face doesn't look more.... errr... textured. Botox...?
Back to top Go down
endless dark
Master
Master
endless dark

Number of posts : 86

Gothic my Arse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic my Arse   Gothic my Arse I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 5:48 am

Akasha'sMistake wrote:
What the HELL ARE THOSE veins on Angelina's arms?! affraid affraid

it is possibly do to a HEAVY workout or possibly photoshop, I've never seen veins that massive in arms that small...
Back to top Go down
darkwave_71
Master
Master
darkwave_71

Number of posts : 89

Gothic my Arse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic my Arse   Gothic my Arse I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 7:39 am

Akasha'sMistake wrote:
^I agree. It seems at the times the whole world needs to have a great big sit-down to explain exactly what "Goth" is. Seriously... the the constant misinterpretations get tiring at times. Rolling Eyes

Too late. "Goth" has morphed into a social caricature, like punk, and no amount of educating the masses will do.
The general public doesn't have the patience to understand the fine lines of what is & what isn't goth, and have already made up their own minds. Gothlings of all stripes have staked their own claim as to what is & what isn't. Heck check out THIS VID on applying makeup to see what the instructor calls "the goth look".

Personally I think the model looks more old-Hollywood vamp Heart than contemporary goth, but the commentators below the clip have already got a flame war going on, with the mall kiddies resorting to F-bombs, etc.

THIS CLIP which does a tongue-in-cheek trip on "How to be goth" is pretty popular, but the clothes they put on their newbie "goth" make him look more "alt-crowd mall punk" than anything you'd see on, say, The Dark Angel UK website.

Well hey, if the different brands of Christianity still feud over who is "more Christian" after all these centuries, I doubt there'll be a definitive public answer to "What is Goth?" anytime soon.
Gothic my Arse Goth-6
Back to top Go down
eyvind
Master
Master

Number of posts : 130

Gothic my Arse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic my Arse   Gothic my Arse I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 4:53 am

darkwave_71 wrote:
Too late. "Goth" has morphed into a social caricature, like punk, and no amount of educating the masses will do.
The general public doesn't have the patience to understand the fine lines of what is & what isn't goth....

So true. people are clueless
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Master
Master
Ginger_Snaps

Number of posts : 184

Gothic my Arse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic my Arse   Gothic my Arse I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 8:50 pm

darkwave_71 wrote:

Gothic my Arse Goth-6

My response: Oh, I was there. I must say, Aleryk (honestly I don't know how you spell his name) never looked hotter then on that day. Heart
Back to top Go down
Revenant
Master
Master
Revenant

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Gothic my Arse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic my Arse   Gothic my Arse I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 2:47 am

I'm glad somebody else has brought this subject up. I've been wanting to, but was afraid of it becoming the endless "what is goth" debate.
All these subcategories of gothdom sometimes has me perplexed. Most of them I can figure out to a point, even if in my little world I don't think they qualify. But, can someone tell me how people who claim to be goth but don't like anything dark, are really perky to the point of annoying, wear Hello Kitty tshirts and listen solely to pop music can give themselves the title of any kind of Goth? I would think that a person would have to like something about the darkside to even consider claiming to be one of us.

I'm thinking that the term goth is just being added to the end of everything these days in the attempt to sound cool. I even saw a listing of goth types the other day and one category was "caffeine goth". Seriously. Guess that means most of the planet fits in that category since coffee, tea and energy drinks are the most consumed liquids on earth.
Back to top Go down
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch
Akasha'sMistake

Gothic my Arse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic my Arse   Gothic my Arse I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 1:00 am

Revenant wrote:
I even saw a listing of goth types the other day and one category was "caffeine goth". Seriously. Guess that means most of the planet fits in that category since coffee, tea and energy drinks are the most consumed liquids on earth.

Do they at least take their coffee black?

"I like my coffee black...because it's how I feel on the inside..."

What a Face Razz
Back to top Go down
eyvind
Master
Master

Gothic my Arse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic my Arse   Gothic my Arse I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 1:03 am

that video is _so_ great

it describes every day of my life!

Laughing Laughing

Last edited by eyvind on Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arkhum
Master
Master
Arkhum

Gothic my Arse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic my Arse   Gothic my Arse I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 8:01 am

Well, to my surprise I venture back in here only to see, ever so humbly, my arse is somewhat topic for discussion. In an odd sort of way I am honored. I would love to show my arse (btw my dearest friend thank you for noticing the brit in me...lol) butt (LMAO) alas am too shy to give away such an ASSet. As witty as that was, I must decline but will leave you all with this thought.........the playgrounds of the body do not exclude the arse. For it holds much play.

THE END.................Literally
Back to top Go down
eyvind
Master
Master

Gothic my Arse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic my Arse   Gothic my Arse I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 8:13 am

that's great Arkhum.
Smile
Back to top Go down
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch
Akasha'sMistake

Gothic my Arse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic my Arse   Gothic my Arse I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 12:56 am

Oh pun play... how I do adore it. Razz

cheers for Arkhum's brilliance! (And your avi right now fits perfectly...) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dog Soldier
Mod
Mod
Dog Soldier

Number of posts : 62

Gothic my Arse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic my Arse   Gothic my Arse I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 1:30 am

These days, the term Goth or Gothic in relation to our genre is being applied to anything which is subculture.

I still baulk at the idea of camowear being considered Goth. I remember when it first began appearing in the Clubs around the mid 80’s, it wasn’t Goth then and I really don’t consider it Goth now, same goes for a great deal of Cyber. It was a genre in itself, as was Goth, Cyber was to a greater degree and extension of Punk.

I spent a great deal of time around the underground techno and trance scene during the 90’s and really saw my Goth interests as something totally separate. The club were different, and the dress code was Victorian. However, as Goth became more mainstream, we began to see and amalgamation of the various club genres and a blurring of the lines, mostly down to the media and the like of Hot Topic.

Therefore, it does not surprise me at all when I click on a link to a Gothic store only to find club wear and band shorts, it way of things these days.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rjhdesign.com
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Gothic my Arse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic my Arse   Gothic my Arse I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:53 am

Arkhum wrote:
Well, to my surprise I venture back in here only to see, ever so humbly, my arse is somewhat topic for discussion. In an odd sort of way I am honored. I would love to show my arse (btw my dearest friend thank you for noticing the brit in me...lol) butt (LMAO) alas am too shy to give away such an ASSet. As witty as that was, I must decline but will leave you all with this thought.........the playgrounds of the body do not exclude the arse. For it holds much play.

THE END.................Literally

I think I need to take a cold shower and then lay down in a darkened room for a while...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gothic my Arse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic my Arse   Gothic my Arse I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gothic my Arse
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next