GothicRefuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gothic refuge a place for goths.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

The Bat!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
darkwave_71
Master
Master
darkwave_71

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-07-24

The Bat! Empty
PostSubject: The Bat!   The Bat! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 6:16 pm

Came into work this morning to find 2 paralegals & our resident blonde attorney hanging around the receptionist's desk. I walk in and their first reaction is "Don't go in there!" (i.e. the hallway leading into the rest of the office).

"Why not?"

"There's a BAT!! up on the ceiling!!!" Bat

I glance into the hallway from the receptionist area and, sure enough, up on the ceiling tile is this plump little brown ball with wings & a tail. So I do what came natually: I walked on in! Excited

The attorney goes "Don't go in there! I've heard they like to fly into your hair!"
And I'm thinking: Jeeze you really don't have to play to the "dumb blonde" stereotype!
The most I can muster under my irritation is "um...no they don't!" so I go & stand under the bat.

Lucky guy: hanging there upside down, fast asleep, the tail occasionally moving (probably dreaming, lol).
So I went about my business in the office, crisscrossing under the bat several times as I went from office to office doing my clerical work while all the ladies are in the front area, terrified the little guy is going to actually wake up after a night of clubbing cheers to mess with their hair!
In the end, maintenance came & took the bat (and another in the floor hallway's ceiling) away.

I asked the maintenance guy later what he did w/ the 2 & he said "Released them. hey they eat mosquitos you know!"

Glad to see another sensible person! Bat
Back to top Go down
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch
Akasha'sMistake

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2008-07-22

The Bat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bat!   The Bat! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 10:11 pm

*phew!* I was worried there for a moment that they had harmed the poor little guy! Aw..what a nice way to start the day, no? Excited
Back to top Go down
Nika
Master
Master
Nika

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-07-23

The Bat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bat!   The Bat! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 2:41 am

aw! bats! Excited I'm glad to hear that the maintainence guy was quite sensible. Smile
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Number of posts : 764

The Bat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bat!   The Bat! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 2:49 pm

darkwave_71 wrote:
The attorney goes "Don't go in there! I've heard they like to fly into your hair!"
The echo from between her ears probably confuses its sonar.
Back to top Go down
darkwave_71
Master
Master
darkwave_71

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-07-24

The Bat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bat!   The Bat! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 5:04 pm

lol, quite probably!
Interestingly I was kidding with one of the ladies later in the day about the bat, and she revealed some of her (their) misconceptions:

- bats like to fly into people's long hair, particularly if its blonde... Shocked huh?
- they bite
- they carry rabies

To which I replied:
- No they don't. (The look of disbelief on her face was impressive).
- So would any animal, like a dog, if you went & grabbed it. Leave the bat alone it'll leave you alone.
- Only if the bat contracted the disease from somewhere & is lying on the ground. Bats don't lie on the ground unless ill.

She quickly changed subjects to her pet chihuahua dog.

Anyone here surprised this chick owns a Paris-Hilton-approved chihuahua? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Number of posts : 764

The Bat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bat!   The Bat! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 6:54 pm

darkwave_71 wrote:
She quickly changed subjects to her pet chihuahua dog.

Anyone here surprised this chick owns a Paris-Hilton-approved chihuahua? Very Happy
It is probably smarter than she is. There is a Chi down the road from us that has been trained as a hearing dog for its deaf owner.
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
Mod
Mod
helen damnation

Number of posts : 168

The Bat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bat!   The Bat! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 11:11 pm

I blame the lawyers full stop. They may have intelligence but when it comes down to basic common sense it goes over their heads! My beloved boss let the coffee machine burn by forgetting that you actually need water to make coffee Thud
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Bat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bat!   The Bat! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Bat!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GothicRefuge :: The world in general :: Ranting thread-
Jump to: