GothicRefuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gothic refuge a place for goths.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Borrowed Green Fairy

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
darkwave_71
Master
Master
darkwave_71

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Borrowed Green Fairy Empty
PostSubject: Borrowed Green Fairy   Borrowed Green Fairy I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 11:08 pm

I found this on the Esquire Magazine website.
In fact, in the August '08 issue, the magazine spotlights absinthe as modern variants of it are becoming legal in the States.

Absinthe Frappé
1 ounce absinthe
˝ tablespoon superfine sugar
1 ounce water

Instructions

Pour the absinthe, sugar (the quantity will need to be adjusted according to the brand of absinthe, as they vary greatly in sweetness), and the water into a blender.

Blend for a moment to dissolve the sugar and then, with the blender running, add 3 or 4 ice cubes through the hole in the top, pausing between cubes to let them get crushed. Blend until smooth.
Back to top Go down
PorcelainPirate
Witch
Witch
PorcelainPirate

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Borrowed Green Fairy   Borrowed Green Fairy I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 11:49 pm

Nommy. That sounds like a perfect drink for summer evenings Smile
Back to top Go down
shortpsycho
Master
Master

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Borrowed Green Fairy   Borrowed Green Fairy I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 5:15 am

I couldn't drink that silent
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Borrowed Green Fairy   Borrowed Green Fairy I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 12:31 pm

Alternative approach:
1) Pour measure of Absinthe into a whisky glass. Or a tumbler. Or a jelly mould. Or whatever you have around really.
2) Take a heaped teaspoon of sugar and just immerse the spoon so that the sugar becomes saturated with absinthe.
3) Holding the spoon over the glass, light the spoon.
4) Try to avoid setting your hair alight whilst watch the flame
5) When the flame burns out, immediately stir the sugar into the absinthe, and stir in a measure of water
6) Throw the whole lot, except the spoon, down your throat, trying not to let it touch the sides, unless you happen to like that mouthwash taste
7) Be Mr. Happy
Back to top Go down
darkwave_71
Master
Master
darkwave_71

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Borrowed Green Fairy   Borrowed Green Fairy I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 6:08 pm

Borrowed Green Fairy PA310032
Good times for all cyclops
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Borrowed Green Fairy   Borrowed Green Fairy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Borrowed Green Fairy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GothicRefuge :: DIY :: Recipe's-
Jump to: