GothicRefuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gothic refuge a place for goths.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

What are you currently watching?

Go down 
+9
angeluk3
Maxmordon
Morella
Anthropomorphic
Ginger_Snaps
Taraiha
MoonRaven
EvilHippyEmperor
helen damnation
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Maxmordon
Witch
Witch
Maxmordon

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2008-07-28

What are you currently watching? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching?   What are you currently watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 9:44 pm

EvilHippyEmperor wrote:
My favourite was always the first series of Blackadder. I liked his absolute lack of redeeming features.

This is the first Blackadder series I ever see, so I may now watch that one...

Currently watching Hellboy: Sword of Storms with my godson
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Master
Master
KittyKat

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching?   What are you currently watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 2:32 am

What's funny about that is I thought that was the movie Gilliam did. I remembered he was doing something like that and for some reason my little brain convinced me it was Magorium...wasn't till the begining credits started that I realized Whoops, it wasn't.
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
Witch
Witch
Maxmordon

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching?   What are you currently watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 4:49 am

KittyKat wrote:
What's funny about that is I thought that was the movie Gilliam did. I remembered he was doing something like that and for some reason my little brain convinced me it was Magorium...wasn't till the begining credits started that I realized Whoops, it wasn't.

I wasn't sure if that was Gilliam's (I was right in my first thought it hasn't been premiered yet) but I had to check on Wikipedia to be sure.
Back to top Go down
Revenant
Master
Master
Revenant

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching?   What are you currently watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 3:54 am

EvilHippyEmperor wrote:
My favourite was always the first series of Blackadder. I liked his absolute lack of redeeming features.

My faves were two and three. Two was great with Miranda Richardson as the best Queen Elizabeth ever and three had the always entertaining Hugh Laurie.

Currently, watching Night Gallery season 2. Heh, anyone else heard of it?
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
Witch
Witch
Maxmordon

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching?   What are you currently watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 4:51 am

Revenant wrote:
EvilHippyEmperor wrote:

My faves were two and three. Two was great with Miranda Richardson as the best Queen Elizabeth ever and three had the always entertaining Hugh Laurie.

Currently, watching Night Gallery season 2. Heh, anyone else heard of it?

Sure, Rod Sterling's show in the 70's. They used to show it on TCM here on weekends; it was fine but I still prefer Twilight Zone.
Back to top Go down
Revenant
Master
Master
Revenant

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching?   What are you currently watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 4:19 pm

I'm impressed. You're the first person that hasn't been totally clueless when I've mentioned the show. It's not all that great a show, I first watched it when it originally aired, I was like five at the time and it used to scare the crap out of me. Now mostly, I'm just getting a good laugh while watching it.
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
Witch
Witch
Maxmordon

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching?   What are you currently watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 9:58 pm

Revenant wrote:
I'm impressed. You're the first person that hasn't been totally clueless when I've mentioned the show. It's not all that great a show, I first watched it when it originally aired, I was like five at the time and it used to scare the crap out of me. Now mostly, I'm just getting a good laugh while watching it.

Did you see the one with the Druid statue chasing his modern time descendent burning women and small kittens? That couldn't be more convoluted...

The beauty of Twilight Zone was the writing, the plot twisting to the unexpected, the humanity of the characters, while The Outer Limits centered on The Monster of the Week... I suspect Night Gallery was trying to get younger, more sci-fi knowing audience with the monsters and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Master
Master
KittyKat

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching?   What are you currently watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 3:12 am

Night Gallery and Twilight Zone are soo beyond classic. You watch them today and shake your head at what was considered creepy back then but at the same time they were so brilliant.
Every time I think of them now I have the Futurama parody of THe Scary Door run through my head cheers
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
Witch
Witch
Maxmordon

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching?   What are you currently watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 5:33 am

KittyKat wrote:
Night Gallery and Twilight Zone are soo beyond classic. You watch them today and shake your head at what was considered creepy back then but at the same time they were so brilliant.
Every time I think of them now I have the Futurama parody of THe Scary Door run through my head cheers

"No this is an airplane, and you're Adolf Hitler!"

Bender: "Saw it coming"
Back to top Go down
Apocalypse
Master
Master
Apocalypse

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching?   What are you currently watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 7:16 am

Maxmordon wrote:

Did you see the one with the Druid statue chasing his modern time descendent burning women and small kittens? That couldn't be more convoluted...

The beauty of Twilight Zone was the writing, the plot twisting to the unexpected, the humanity of the characters, while The Outer Limits centered on The Monster of the Week... I suspect Night Gallery was trying to get younger, more sci-fi knowing audience with the monsters and whatnot.

Was there an episode of Night Gallery about an ex-Nazi who is hiding out in South America that gets pulled into a painting of the Holocaust or am I thinking of some other show?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/apocalypsenotquiteyet
Maxmordon
Witch
Witch
Maxmordon

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching?   What are you currently watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 10:15 am

Apocalypse wrote:
Maxmordon wrote:

Was there an episode of Night Gallery about an ex-Nazi who is hiding out in South America that gets pulled into a painting of the Holocaust or am I thinking of some other show?

Can't remember. I remember one of Nazi plans being foiled by Dracula and minions, though. That's the only one I recall with Nazis in it.
Back to top Go down
Revenant
Master
Master
Revenant

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching?   What are you currently watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 3:45 pm

Apocalypse:

The nazi one you're talking about was in the pilot movie. There were three short movies, one of them was directed by a new director at the time- Steven Spielberg - who had the daunting task of directing Joan Crawford. Bet that taught him a lot.

Maxmordon:

I haven't gotten to the druid one yet. Sounds like one to look forward to-haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching?   What are you currently watching? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you currently watching?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GothicRefuge :: Movies, media and music :: Media-
Jump to: