GothicRefuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gothic refuge a place for goths.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

The Deadliest Warrior

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2008-07-22

The Deadliest Warrior Empty
PostSubject: The Deadliest Warrior   The Deadliest Warrior I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 6:25 pm

Whilst idly flicking through TV channels this week I stumbled across one of the most bizarre programs I have seen in a long time.
"The Deadliest Warrior" was attempting to answer the question that plagued philosophers throughout the twentieth century: Who would win in a fight between a gladiator and an Apache indian?

Whilst I can appreciate how this becomes a matter of heated debate after a few pints of fally-over water, I find it stunning that the makers of this program managed to talk anyone into putting it onto TV, complete with dramatic sequences displaying the possible outcome of such a battle. Whoever sold that to the investors is more dangerous than either of the warriors!

I must confess I would be interested to know just what algorithms were used when they "ran 1000 simulations through the computer", since it seems to me there are such a mind-boggling number of variables as to make the whole exercise meaningless.
We are promised another dozen such ridiculous confrontations, including Samurai vs Viking, Pirate vs Knight (not our Pirate, obviously, as her devastating charm, razor wit, and killer smile would easily conquer any foe sent against her), and even (I kid you not) Taliban vs IRA
I'd love to get my hands on that software and set up my own fights: Mongol Warrior vs Carmelite Nun, Ku Klux Klansman vs Hitler Youth, Crusader vs Pizza Delivery Boy!

Oh, and in case you are wondering: The Apache won. He had a knife...
Back to top Go down
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: The Deadliest Warrior   The Deadliest Warrior I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 8:21 pm

Zulu vs. Viking. My money's on the Zulu. A bunch of them made a Roman tortuga formation look like a bunch of asses once. I think they could take a Viking. Or an Apache.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorteapots.com
Taraiha
Witch
Witch
Taraiha

Number of posts : 332

PostSubject: Re: The Deadliest Warrior   The Deadliest Warrior I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 8:27 pm

So basically they wanted to do Superman -vs- Batman but they could't get the licensing options.
Back to top Go down
http://rhomany.org.uk
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Number of posts : 764

PostSubject: Re: The Deadliest Warrior   The Deadliest Warrior I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 2:51 pm

Gomez wrote:
Zulu vs. Viking. My money's on the Zulu. A bunch of them made a Roman tortuga formation look like a bunch of asses once. I think they could take a Viking. Or an Apache.
Zulu vs Victorian British Soldier!

Ah, hold on, we've had that one haven't we...
Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Deadliest Warrior   The Deadliest Warrior I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Deadliest Warrior
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GothicRefuge :: Movies, media and music :: Media-
Jump to: