GothicRefuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gothic refuge a place for goths.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Hey all

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jamesa5771
Master
Master
jamesa5771

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-01-08

Hey all Empty
PostSubject: Hey all   Hey all I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:59 pm

well just want to say hello all, i dont look like a goth but i am on the inside was due to parents been dicks so im now thinking what the fudge i will get some clothing sorted, anyways Hi again.

James
Back to top Go down
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Hey all Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey all   Hey all I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 1:52 pm

Well, welcome, James, and good to have you. I hope you like it here. We need some new blood, it's been kind of slow lately.

What's this about being goth because of bad upbringing? I attribute my counter-culturalism to having the best of upbringing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorteapots.com
jamesa5771
Master
Master
jamesa5771

Hey all Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey all   Hey all I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 2:20 pm

Gomez wrote:
Well, welcome, James, and good to have you. I hope you like it here. We need some new blood, it's been kind of slow lately.

What's this about being goth because of bad upbringing? I attribute my counter-culturalism to having the best of upbringing.

Hi Gomez,
Thank you for the welcome well parents where quite strict could not go out any where until i was 19 parents where ok tho i think i may attribute it to school got badly bullied there, if I’m honest i'm just getting into the Goth culture as i think in well a Goth way and i wear black all the time so the logical choice prevails really like music and as well

oh and i did miss one other thing i only fancy the goth girls dont like the normies.
Back to top Go down
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Hey all Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey all   Hey all I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 3:11 pm

So you're one of those rebellious types, then.

See, I came at it from a different angle. I was goth years before I knew there was a word for it. My family raised me never to fear or have superstitions, and my tastes were always sort of dark anyway, so I developed a habit of embracing things that I liked and the rest of the world shunned... kind of like an inside joke, I suppose. That and Gomez Addams was always my role model.

The music was actually the last part of the whole "goth scene" thing I was introduced to. I do love Cure, Cruxshadows, and Depeche Mode, though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorteapots.com
jamesa5771
Master
Master
jamesa5771

Hey all Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey all   Hey all I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 3:28 pm

i guess same here i have always been a Goth before i know what it was and yes same always had a dark side haha, scared my parents alot will say that its nice to find people that i can actually relate to rather than get told i am weird, i remember the Adams family wow love it i remember seeing the original ones when i was 6yo then the newer films later on i will definitely get bit more into the whole thing abit more in terms of music
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Hey all Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey all   Hey all I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 2:29 pm

Hi James,

Unfortunately there are still plenty of misapprehensions out there about goth culture, and it is all too easy for parents (amongst others) to get the wrong idea about us.

If I may offer a personal bit of advice: If you can keep a sense of humour, and not take yourself too seriously you will have much more success getting people to accept you than if you fall into the trap of allowing things to get confrontational.

jamesa5771 wrote:
oh and i did miss one other thing i only fancy the goth girls dont like the normies.
A man of good taste!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jamesa5771
Master
Master
jamesa5771

Hey all Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey all   Hey all I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 3:24 pm

EvilHippyEmperor wrote:
Hi James,

Unfortunately there are still plenty of misapprehensions out there about goth culture, and it is all too easy for parents (amongst others) to get the wrong idea about us.

If I may offer a personal bit of advice: If you can keep a sense of humour, and not take yourself too seriously you will have much more success getting people to accept you than if you fall into the trap of allowing things to get confrontational.

jamesa5771 wrote:
A man of good taste!
Very Happy

Haha cheers there, yeah have to agree there, its a good plat form to be on with those ideas i'm already known at college to be a dark-comedian, so what are the misconceptions as i have never really seen this angle apart from getting chased by30+ chavs with knifes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hey all Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey all   Hey all I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey all
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GothicRefuge :: The world in general :: Introductions.-
Jump to: