GothicRefuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gothic refuge a place for goths.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

The Orphanage

Go down 
+3
EvilHippyEmperor
Akasha'sMistake
helen damnation
7 posters
AuthorMessage
helen damnation
Mod
Mod
helen damnation

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2008-07-22

The Orphanage Empty
PostSubject: The Orphanage   The Orphanage I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 11:41 pm

I watched this on Saturday night and can very highly recommend it. I'm no fan of slash and cut films, I far prefer subtle horror. If you feel the same way then find this film and watch it bounce
Back to top Go down
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch
Akasha'sMistake

Number of posts : 265

The Orphanage Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Orphanage   The Orphanage I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 11:46 pm

I've never heard of it before! Is it a small-production, or just a foreign (although, not foreign for you) release...? I want to see if I can find it now! What is it about, basically?
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
Mod
Mod
helen damnation

The Orphanage Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Orphanage   The Orphanage I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 11:48 pm

An old dark creepy ex orphanage which has been bought by one of the former orphans and her husband. I cant tell you anymore sweetie! It's by the same person who did Pans Labyrinth! Well worth it!
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Number of posts : 764

The Orphanage Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Orphanage   The Orphanage I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 12:03 am

Apparently The Orphanage is part of a trilogy with Pan's Labyrinth and The Devil's Backbone.

It always amazes me that the man who made Hellboy also made Pan's Labyrinth.
Smile
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Master
Master
Ginger_Snaps

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2008-07-23

The Orphanage Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Orphanage   The Orphanage I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 4:41 am

You know, I've been meaning to watch that. Just from the previews it reminded me of Saint Ange (a paranormal movie about a pregnant woman who gets a job in an orphanage and discovers the orphanage's dirty old secret).
Back to top Go down
angeluk3
Master
Master
angeluk3

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-07-26

The Orphanage Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Orphanage   The Orphanage I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 12:42 pm

I actually have that film in my dvd collection but haven't got round to watching it yet, might do tonight if i'm not too tired. lol

Gemma
Back to top Go down
http://www.illwillpress.com
helen damnation
Mod
Mod
helen damnation

The Orphanage Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Orphanage   The Orphanage I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 11:29 pm

We watched the Devils Backbone on Saturday night. I cant say too many good things about it. Beautifully filmed and just so creepy. It drags you right in and twists and turns throughout. We both ended up sitting there blubbing
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
Witch
Witch
Maxmordon

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2008-07-28

The Orphanage Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Orphanage   The Orphanage I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 2:04 am

EvilHippyEmperor wrote:
Apparently The Orphanage is part of a trilogy with Pan's Labyrinth and The Devil's Backbone.

Smile

A friend of mine literary couldn't believe they were the same person
Back to top Go down
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

Number of posts : 324

The Orphanage Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Orphanage   The Orphanage I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 2:25 am

It's a great film. I love most horror movies as long as they have a good story. I will have to look up The Devil's Backbone its the only one out of the 3 that i haven't seen.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Number of posts : 764

The Orphanage Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Orphanage   The Orphanage I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 11:32 am

Maxmordon wrote:
EvilHippyEmperor wrote:

Smile

A friend of mine literary couldn't believe they were the same person
I checked and re-checked. He has a remarkable breadth of vision. I will be fascinated to see what he does with "The Hobbit".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Orphanage Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Orphanage   The Orphanage I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Orphanage
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GothicRefuge :: Movies, media and music :: Movies-
Jump to: