GothicRefuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gothic refuge a place for goths.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Graveyard Photography

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
eyvind
Master
Master

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Graveyard Photography Empty
PostSubject: Graveyard Photography   Graveyard Photography I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 9:03 pm

I put some of these up on GB before. but heres some of my photography, I have a passion for old, eerie graveyards:)

Graveyard Photography Hillside08

Graveyard Photography Hillside07

Graveyard Photography Hillside01

Graveyard Photography Hillside02

Graveyard Photography Hillside06

Graveyard Photography Hillside05

Graveyard Photography Hillside04

Graveyard Photography Hillside03
Back to top Go down
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Graveyard Photography   Graveyard Photography I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 3:42 am

I shall now commence crying because I don't have the time for doing this sort of thing lately.
Sad
I'll be doing this the rest of the night.

Graveyard Photography Hillside02
I do have to wonder what the first set of initials here is. The second is IHS, one of the many sets of initials connected with Jesus, the first I don't recognize. The fact that there's Christian funerary symbolism I'm totally unfamiliar with out there kind of rocks my basic worldview...
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorteapots.com
eyvind
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: Graveyard Photography   Graveyard Photography I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 6:28 am

Gomez wrote:
I do have to wonder what the first set of initials here is. The second is IHS, one of the many sets of initials connected with Jesus, the first I don't recognize. The fact that there's Christian funerary symbolism I'm totally unfamiliar with out there kind of rocks my basic worldview...

Thanks Gomez. Interesting, I didnt recognize that. I can't really make out the other initials on the stone
Back to top Go down
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

PostSubject: Re: Graveyard Photography   Graveyard Photography I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 6:20 am

It looks like "F.H."
Don't suppose you noticed who was buried there? Maybe it's the person's initials.
Back to top Go down
Onyx
Master
Master
Onyx

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Graveyard Photography   Graveyard Photography I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 10:00 pm

it is FH
Back to top Go down
eyvind
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: Graveyard Photography   Graveyard Photography I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 8:13 am

my friends think I'm weird for taking photography in the old cemetary
Back to top Go down
Onyx
Master
Master
Onyx

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Graveyard Photography   Graveyard Photography I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 5:47 pm

my friends said the same thing when i held a mock fotoshoot in the town cenetary lol
Back to top Go down
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

PostSubject: Re: Graveyard Photography   Graveyard Photography I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 9:17 pm

I must be in the wrong sort of town. Folks around here find it all quite natural.
Back to top Go down
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

PostSubject: Re: Graveyard Photography   Graveyard Photography I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 3:51 pm

To bolster my point, here are some photos I took while out looking at Christmas decorations here in my town:

Graveyard Photography Th_P9281104

Close up:
Graveyard Photography Th_P9281105

You know the redneck joke about leaving the Christmas Lights up till June? Yeah, we do that with Halloween displays here. I should take a couple more example pictures next time I'm out walking.

Last edited by Gomez on Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jamesa5771
Master
Master
jamesa5771

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Graveyard Photography   Graveyard Photography I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 4:19 am

what up with that picture looks normal to me haha, i have a grave yard near my house the reverend keeps coming out to me tho throwing me out not even doing any harm so wait till i have a camera with me would be far worse, again does this bring up the issue of intolerance in society
Back to top Go down
eyvind
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: Graveyard Photography   Graveyard Photography I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 3:24 am

^Exactly.

My girlfriend told me I was creepy for taking photos in the graveyard. I don't understand.
The people are dead, its just a beautiful place. What is so wrong with that?
Back to top Go down
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

PostSubject: Re: Graveyard Photography   Graveyard Photography I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 3:29 pm

Moreover, it's what our modern idea of a "park" derived from. Cemeteries are quiet places with grass and trees and suchlike, and ideal for picnics and whatnot. Over the years, cities eventually started putting in cemeteries without graves just for the purpose of recreation, and viola, we have parks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Graveyard Photography   Graveyard Photography I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Graveyard Photography
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GothicRefuge :: DIY :: Art-
Jump to: