GothicRefuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gothic refuge a place for goths.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Dye Question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
gloomth
Master
Master
gloomth

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Dye Question Empty
PostSubject: Dye Question   Dye Question I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 2:30 am

I havent dyed my hair "crazy" colors since High school. Right now its black and red.
Id like to dye some blue at the front where my bangs are.
Ive had bad luck with manic panic washing out.

So to all the dye-skilled lasses:
Any tips on brands or techniques to make colors like blue stick to dyed (and bleached prior of course) hair???

I dont want blonde or ugly grey strips a week later. yknow?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gloomth.com
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Dye Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dye Question   Dye Question I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 9:44 am

Special Effects hair dye is my GOD.

I have dark dark hair. So i have to bleach the shit out of it before i can dye it anything other then black. Special Effects stays in my hair FOREVER. It does however rub off on everything. Saying that blue is like red in that it fades really quickly. So when i dyed my hair blue once it turned green in about 2 weeks. Now i only used one bottle and have really really thick hair so that had a lot to do with it. But even when i do it correctly it fades quicker then other colors.

So I personally would recommend Special Effects. Now you will probably have to get it on ebay. Last i heard they where fighting a lawsuit of some kind and Hot topic stopped stocking it.
Back to top Go down
gloomth
Master
Master
gloomth

Dye Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dye Question   Dye Question I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 7:16 am

Kasmira wrote:
Special Effects hair dye is my GOD.

I have dark dark hair. So i have to bleach the shit out of it before i can dye it anything other then black. Special Effects stays in my hair FOREVER. It does however rub off on everything. Saying that blue is like red in that it fades really quickly. So when i dyed my hair blue once it turned green in about 2 weeks. Now i only used one bottle and have really really thick hair so that had a lot to do with it. But even when i do it correctly it fades quicker then other colors.

So I personally would recommend Special Effects. Now you will probably have to get it on ebay. Last i heard they where fighting a lawsuit of some kind and Hot topic stopped stocking it.

Ok! I will hunt some down on ebay.
My hair dyes well enough, and doesnt fade terribly quickly. but ive found manicpanic fades like CRAZY in it.

Thanks! Smile
Back to top Go down
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Dye Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dye Question   Dye Question I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 11:10 am

Oh i hate manic panic. It was fine when i was a teen and couldn't have anything lasting. But now that i want it to stay in for a wile it just doesn't cut it. It does rub off on everything though. If you go to my myspace you can see some pictures of the pink i keep in my hair. I haven't dyed my hair in about 6 months and its just now really fading out from pink to orange.
Back to top Go down
gloomth
Master
Master
gloomth

Dye Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dye Question   Dye Question I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 6:14 pm

Kasmira wrote:
Oh i hate manic panic. It was fine when i was a teen and couldn't have anything lasting. But now that i want it to stay in for a wile it just doesn't cut it. It does rub off on everything though. If you go to my myspace you can see some pictures of the pink i keep in my hair. I haven't dyed my hair in about 6 months and its just now really fading out from pink to orange.

Awesome! Thanks for the tip Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dye Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dye Question   Dye Question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dye Question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GothicRefuge :: DIY :: Hair crafts-
Jump to: