GothicRefuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gothic refuge a place for goths.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

And it begins...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
darkwave_71
Master
Master
darkwave_71

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-07-24

And it begins... Empty
PostSubject: And it begins...   And it begins... I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 9:36 am

As much as the world would like to think the US's election of Barack Obama is a sign that we've overcome our racist national past, consider:

Kilgore police investigate racist graffitti
KILGORE, TEXAS (AP) -- Kilgore police are investigating racially charged graffiti spray-painted on a Kilgore High School gym wall and at an area skate park.
The graffiti found yesterday contained apparent references to Tuesday's election of Barack Obama as president.
Obama is the first black candidate to be elected president of the United States.
One message found at the school said, "We want a recount" while another graffiti tag combined an expletive with a racial epithet.

Kilgore is in northeast Texas. A black man was dragged to death behind a speeding pickup in southeast Texas.
Mind you, I don't stop for gas or anything in East Texas, period!

Earlier...
Texas official: Obama plotting with terrorists
AUSTIN -- State Board of Education member Rolling Eyes Cynthia Dunbar isn't backing down from her claim that Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama is plotting with terrorists to attack the U.S.

In a column posted on the Christian Worldview Network Web site, Dunbar wrote that a terrorist attack on America during the first six months of an Obama administration "will be a planned effort by those with whom Obama truly sympathizes to take down the America that is threat to tyranny."

She also suggests Obama would seek to expand his power by declaring martial law throughout the country.

Last point:
Check out which state's electoral votes went to whom
Pro-McCain states Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, & Tennessee....were Confederate States.
Yeah....we've progressed...
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2008-07-22

And it begins... Empty
PostSubject: Re: And it begins...   And it begins... I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 1:39 pm

darkwave_71 wrote:
As much as the world would like to think the US's election of Barack Obama is a sign that we've overcome our racist national past, consider:
That, I fear, is too great a claim, but I do feel that this is a great step forward. It is not the end, but perhaps we may hope that it is the beginning of the end.

As for Cynthia Dunbar: The problem with prophesying doom is that one tends to lose credibility when the world fails to end.
Back to top Go down
Arkhum
Master
Master
Arkhum

Number of posts : 102

And it begins... Empty
PostSubject: Re: And it begins...   And it begins... I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 9:03 pm

I think it is a definite historical moment that we have progressed to having a black president. Unfortunately (and I hope I am completely wrong) there are factions in this world who, I fear, will try to end his life. As with many other presidents who have tried to stand for what should be right. Notice that throughout history those that have tried to do right have either been assassinated or had attempts. With all my heart I do hope that he remains and does great things for us ALL and our country and hopefully can help to renconcile and bridge gaps that we've created with other countries. I agree that this does not mean racism has depleted. Whether or not what I'm about to say is PC or not, but I can't help thinking (with a huge grin on my face) all of the slaves and others who have given their lives throughout history, must be dancing and thinking that their lives have helped to lead up to this point and hopefully the progression that will follow. I wish us all well under his leadership.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2008-07-22

And it begins... Empty
PostSubject: Re: And it begins...   And it begins... I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 11:00 pm

I do not think there is any question that someone will attempt to assassinate president (elect) Obama. The only real question is who: rednecks who hate him for being black, fundamentalists who are convinced he is a muslim terrorist, or right wingers who think he is a pinko commie.

Let's face it, it is far easier for these people to strike out at Obama than actually try and tackle the real issues that afflict their society.
Back to top Go down
Arkhum
Master
Master
Arkhum

Number of posts : 102

And it begins... Empty
PostSubject: Re: And it begins...   And it begins... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 9:09 am

EvilHippyEmperor wrote:
I do not think there is any question that someone will attempt to assassinate president (elect) Obama. The only real question is who: rednecks who hate him for being black, fundamentalists who are convinced he is a muslim terrorist, or right wingers who think he is a pinko commie.

Let's face it, it is far easier for these people to strike out at Obama than actually try and tackle the real issues that afflict their society.

Couldn't have said it better
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

And it begins... Empty
PostSubject: Re: And it begins...   And it begins... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

And it begins...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GothicRefuge :: Stuff and nonsense :: Politics-
Jump to: