GothicRefuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gothic refuge a place for goths.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Thats great but....

Go down 
+4
KittyKat
PorcelainPirate
Maxmordon
Kasmira
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Thats great but.... Empty
PostSubject: Thats great but....   Thats great but.... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 7:36 am

...KISS MY ASS!

OK so wile looking around on the internets i found this interview.
Quote :

How important is vegetarianism to you? How important do you think it should be to the hardcore community?

I’m vegan, so vegetarianism is hugely important to me. I’m not a particularly political person, but it’s one of the causes I do feel passionate about. Everyone has heard the statistics and all the information on the subject is easily accessible. Therefore, there is no reason to still consume animals.

Anyone who considers themselves even remotely progressive should not eat meat. There is no justification for it. Society has progressed to a point where animal based food is no longer required for survival. It’s a simple choice and an easy transition to make, so any excuse you come can come up with just boils down to a blend of selfishness, ignorance, and lack of control over your own life.

I honestly find it difficult to respect the opinions of anyone who still eats meat in 2008. Especially in a community full of supposedly socially aware and intellectually proactive people, not expending the absurdly low amount of effort it requires to be vegetarian is an act of stupefying hubris. ~~Klint Kanopka

Now i don't know who Mr.Kanopka is. And really i don't give half a shit BUT i have dealt with this attitude before and it really bunches my pantys. Now i will state for the record that i think being vegan is SUPER. I will support your eating habits 100%. But the minute you come between me and my bacon/steak/chicken/milk/eggs/all other yummy animal eatables I will drop kick your ass into a big vat of animal lard.

Really? Because i choose to eat meat I'm not progressive, not respectable, not socially aware or intellectually proactive? Choosing to provide my body with the NATURAL source of vitamins/minerals and good stuff in the way i find fitting gives you the right to act like some advanced form of super asshat?

Going vegan is NOT simple choice or an easy transition to make. It's still highly debatable that its even healthyer then a BALANCED meat/veg diet.

Mr.Kanopka/fanatical vegan in my face people i find it difficult no, i find it imposable to respect the opinions of anyone who holds there personal dietary standards as the basis for a persons quality and worth.

You sir and so many people like you are a prime example of assheadedness. Sitting around thinking your better then everyone.

So sir to you and your opinion on others eating habits.......... This bacon for you!
Thats great but.... BACON

Now if there are any vegans on here remember friends this isn't geared towards u. So take offense at your risk. I'm not even so much angry with Mr.Kanopka but more with the idea that in today's age there are people judging each other over a egg or hamburger. And the attitude of "I'm better then you because i only eat carrots." just makes me wanna poke there eyes out with one.

Well i fell better Smile
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
Witch
Witch
Maxmordon

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Thats great but....   Thats great but.... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 10:46 am

Amen fellow meat-eating sister!

There is a group of vitamins which animal meat is required that help the brain to work properly, B-something... or could be a D...

Of course you can buy around these vitamins, but is far more expensive than a simple meat pie, I also respect anyone's decision to eat whatever they want as long is not harmful to them or to another human being (remember the German cannibal...) but as they have the right to eat wathever they want, also we do; and that should be respected
Back to top Go down
PorcelainPirate
Witch
Witch
PorcelainPirate

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Thats great but....   Thats great but.... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 2:56 pm

Heh, in all honesty, I DO agree with most of what Mr Kanopka says. He sums up my reasons for being veggie pretty well - there's just no need for eating meat now, so if we can live happily and healthily without it, why not just cut out the moral questionableness.

HOWEVER, I don't support his general pig-headedness about it. I take the stance that I will tell people about why (for me) vegetarianism is the only ethical choice, but I will NEVER try to convert people. The way I see it, freedom of choice is a basic right, which I will not interfere with over something this subjective. If the statistics and images don't speak for themselves, nothing I can say will change your mind, and I respect a decisive meat-eater a lot more than a veggie who doesn't have a clue what he's on about.

Oh, and the vitamin you're referring to, Max, is B12. It CAN be found naturally in vegan things like Marmite/Vegemite. but I can understand what you're both saying about those vegans who just live off of carrots and supplements - I'd rather have natural meat than artificial veggie myself.
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
Witch
Witch
Maxmordon

PostSubject: Re: Thats great but....   Thats great but.... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 3:45 pm

Good words to hear, Porcelain. Sorry if we sounded a bit... extremist... on our way to express ourselves
Back to top Go down
PorcelainPirate
Witch
Witch
PorcelainPirate

PostSubject: Re: Thats great but....   Thats great but.... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 3:53 pm

This is the rant thread, I was expecting a bit of extremism Razz
Back to top Go down
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

PostSubject: Re: Thats great but....   Thats great but.... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 4:03 pm

PorcelainPirate wrote:
Heh, in all honesty, I DO agree with most of what Mr Kanopka says. He sums up my reasons for being veggie pretty well - there's just no need for eating meat now, so if we can live happily and healthily without it, why not just cut out the moral questionableness.

HOWEVER, I don't support his general pig-headedness about it. I take the stance that I will tell people about why (for me) vegetarianism is the only ethical choice, but I will NEVER try to convert people. The way I see it, freedom of choice is a basic right, which I will not interfere with over something this subjective. If the statistics and images don't speak for themselves, nothing I can say will change your mind, and I respect a decisive meat-eater a lot more than a veggie who doesn't have a clue what he's on about.

Oh, and the vitamin you're referring to, Max, is B12. It CAN be found naturally in vegan things like Marmite/Vegemite. but I can understand what you're both saying about those vegans who just live off of carrots and supplements - I'd rather have natural meat than artificial veggie myself.

And i can and DO respect u my dear. For me eating meat isn't a moral qustionableness, not even a little bit. Cows are for..........eating. It's what they do, they grow up yummy cuz I'm supposed to want to eat them. Now i don't eat much beef and almost no pork because it's so hard to find truly organic. But when my mom, sister, and i go in and buy a calf and a pigglet and plop it down on my brothers farm and raise them ourselves then its a yummy year at the Ripps.

Providing an alternative source of b12 or bla bla bla5 that i can get the daily value of if i eat 15lbs of some nasty root veg or say a chicken Brest with veggies and some cheese. I have to say that little chicken is gonna be on my plate. It's the natural thing. OR at least it is for me.

BUT Pirate we had a super yummy veg (not vegan) Eggplant Parmesan for the very first time the other night. We even got the eggplant from our garden. And Mr.Ripps aunt makes a really yummy veggie chilly that we have around Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

PostSubject: Re: Thats great but....   Thats great but.... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 4:04 pm

PorcelainPirate wrote:

Well i think even for a rant i was kind of nice about it.....but that could just be my delusions popping up again.
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
Witch
Witch
Maxmordon

PostSubject: Re: Thats great but....   Thats great but.... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 4:17 pm

Now I am hungry...
Back to top Go down
PorcelainPirate
Witch
Witch
PorcelainPirate

PostSubject: Re: Thats great but....   Thats great but.... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 5:53 pm

Kasmira wrote:
PorcelainPirate wrote:

Well i think even for a rant i was kind of nice about it.....but that could just be my delusions popping up again.

Nope, it was definitely one of the more delicately put meat-eating rants I've ever seen! Smile
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Master
Master
KittyKat

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Thats great but....   Thats great but.... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 6:11 pm

I tried to be a veggie-head but it really didn't work for me. I became undernourished even with an intake of vitamins. Those of us who are anemic need our red meat to survive. Give me hamburger or give me death!
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Master
Master
Ginger_Snaps

Number of posts : 184

PostSubject: Re: Thats great but....   Thats great but.... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 8:36 pm

Tsk, tsk, one does not need to be a vegetarian to be a progressive thinker.
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Master
Master
KittyKat

PostSubject: Re: Thats great but....   Thats great but.... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 9:29 pm

This just reminded me of something else I read today. PETA is trying to get Ben & Jerry's to start using women's breast milk instead of cow's milk in their products! They reason that you are harming the poor baby cows by milking the cows and not giving the calves enough- and as humans we should be consuming human milk.

I don't know about you guys, and I don't remember what it tastes like, but something is kind of off putting about having human milk in my ice cream.
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
Witch
Witch
Maxmordon

PostSubject: Re: Thats great but....   Thats great but.... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 11:20 pm

Anybody have read PETA Kids? I have... pretty much they tell kids that milk is evil and should be avoided at all cost
Back to top Go down
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

PostSubject: Re: Thats great but....   Thats great but.... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 11:35 pm

PETA....................... I'm not even going to go there. We have been able to keep this a nice chat but if i start running my mouth about them it will all be fore nothing.

And breast milk ice cream. Sure let the PETA people have it but I'm sticking to moo juice myself.
Back to top Go down
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch
Akasha'sMistake

PostSubject: Re: Thats great but....   Thats great but.... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 12:34 am

Kasmira wrote:
PETA....................... I'm not even going to go there. We have been able to keep this a nice chat but if i start running my mouth about them it will all be fore nothing.

And breast milk ice cream. Sure let the PETA people have it but I'm sticking to moo juice myself.

cheers <--- for you. Glad to know someone feels the same way I do about PETA and their doctored crap. I remember my best girlie going to a concert, and PETA had a table set up outside with pamphlets and such. She came over to my house the next day, waving this pamphlet in my face, with a picture of a pig that had it's teeth pulled out. I tried to tell her... "I HIGHLY doubt that is not doctored... who has TIME to sit there and pluck pig teeth all day just for kicks? What purpose does that serve?" She thought I was crazy and insensitive... until I found the same picture, WITH teeth, on the internet and sent it to her, to show her they doctored the photo. Suspect
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Master
Master
KittyKat

PostSubject: Re: Thats great but....   Thats great but.... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 4:31 am

THe woman who runs PETA is a crackpot and they are masters of taking facts and altering them to their needs. You guys should YouTube the episode of Penn and Teller's Bullshit that talks about PETA, ELF and ALF. I'm for animal rights but these people are Nucking Futs.
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
Witch
Witch
Maxmordon

PostSubject: Re: Thats great but....   Thats great but.... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 8:08 am

I saw that one, it was great.

I just love Pen & Teller, even if I don't agree with all what they say they surely have a good point
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Master
Master
Ginger_Snaps

Number of posts : 184

PostSubject: Re: Thats great but....   Thats great but.... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 3:21 pm

PETA? People for the Eating of Tasty Animals?
Back to top Go down
Revenant
Master
Master
Revenant

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Thats great but....   Thats great but.... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 2:20 am

And who exactly, would be providing the breast milk to Ben & Jerry's? I can't imagine there are a lot of lactating women out there willing to pump enough milk to give to an ice cream company to keep up with their demands. What a bizarre idea.

To the original post: I agree whole-heartedly with you about the crackpot vegans who try to enforce their enlightened ways onto us meat eaters. I won't force my ways onto them, if they don't try to force theirs on me. I resent being called "unprogressive" simply because of my diet choices. What makes someone unprogressive is closing off the possibilities of other lifestyles and ways of doing things.

Vegetarianism can be a good thing, but it's not for everyone. I've tried it and was never so miserable. I thought it might be a healthy way to live, but for me, it wasn't. Even with supplements, I had no energy, lacked concentration, my hair dried out and I was bloated all the time from the vegetables. Turns out I can't digest a lot of veggies and I'm allergic to soy, which is used as a meat alternative in so many things. Nope, I'm sticking with my bacon and steaks.

In agreement with Kasmira about a cow's purpose. Everything on earth has a purpose, and if we stop eating cows and chickens, then what are they here for?
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
Witch
Witch
Maxmordon

PostSubject: Re: Thats great but....   Thats great but.... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 5:40 am

If everything in Earth has a porprose, then why are we here? or the giant squids among the bottom of the Ocean and the mayflies whose life is only a few hours?

Was Dr. Pangloss wrong when he said "We are the best of the possible worlds"?
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Master
Master
KittyKat

PostSubject: Re: Thats great but....   Thats great but.... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 7:31 am

Giant Squid are there to be cool. And attack ships, and as my brothers tattoo depicts, spaceships. There ya go- lifes qustion is solved. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

PostSubject: Re: Thats great but....   Thats great but.... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 7:44 am

Thats great but.... Peta
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
Witch
Witch
Maxmordon

PostSubject: Re: Thats great but....   Thats great but.... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 8:43 am

KittyKat wrote:
Giant Squid are there to be cool. And attack ships, and as my brothers tattoo depicts, spaceships. There ya go- lifes qustion is solved. Very Happy

So the Platypus exists solely has having a geek counterpart? Laughing
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Number of posts : 764

PostSubject: Re: Thats great but....   Thats great but.... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 3:29 pm

KittyKat wrote:
This just reminded me of something else I read today. PETA is trying to get Ben & Jerry's to start using women's breast milk instead of cow's milk in their products! They reason that ... as humans we should be consuming human milk.
I believe B&J replied to PETA observing that they would rather mother's milk go to babies, rather than into their ice cream.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Number of posts : 764

PostSubject: Re: Thats great but....   Thats great but.... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 3:31 pm

Maxmordon wrote:
If everything in Earth has a porprose, then why are we here? or the giant squids among the bottom of the Ocean and the mayflies whose life is only a few hours?
There you go then: We weight PETA members with lead weights and send them down to milk giant squid for Ben and Jerry's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thats great but....   Thats great but.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thats great but....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GothicRefuge :: The world in general :: Ranting thread-
Jump to: