GothicRefuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gothic refuge a place for goths.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Now I Shall be INVINCIBLE!!

Go down 
+2
Kasmira
darkwave_71
6 posters
AuthorMessage
darkwave_71
Master
Master
darkwave_71

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Now I Shall be INVINCIBLE!! Empty
PostSubject: Now I Shall be INVINCIBLE!!   Now I Shall be INVINCIBLE!! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 6:17 pm

Will the Large Hadron Collider DESTROY EARTH??Now I Shall be INVINCIBLE!! EarthExplosion
The potential for the world's largest atom smasher to destroy Earth is one question weighing on the minds of some lay people as the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) prepares to go online Wednesday.

Don't worry, say the experts, who are more concerned with whether the 17 mile-long particle accelerator underground at CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research near Geneva, Switzerland, will work as planned and, perhaps, reveal the existence of the so-called God particle.

Some people have suggested that a microscopic black hole, spawned by the powerful crash of subatomic particles racing through the LHC's tunnels, could potentially suck up the Earth.

But physicists say these fears are unfounded. For one, creating a black hole at LHC is extremely unlikely based on the laws of gravity alone, CERN officials say. But even if it did happen, as a few highly speculative theories suggest, the miniscule black hole would be so unstable it would disintegrate immediately before it had time to gobble up any of the matter on Earth.

Hey I'm all for horizon-broadening science but, this thing sounds like the kind of thing this week's villian on Dr. Who would use to take control of the world....before it blows an overlooked fuse and nearly blows up the planet!

Now I Shall be INVINCIBLE!! L_ca2c60ba541a15fbf807da52693e1f8d
Back to top Go down
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Now I Shall be INVINCIBLE!!   Now I Shall be INVINCIBLE!! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 6:33 pm

I read about it this morning. Though sadly i will confess I understood very little about it. But i could go for a little supervillan mojo.

I think it's one of those things I'm just not smart enough to understand lol.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Number of posts : 764

PostSubject: Re: Now I Shall be INVINCIBLE!!   Now I Shall be INVINCIBLE!! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 9:00 pm

darkwave_71 wrote:
Will the Large Hadron Collider [url=http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20080910/sc_livescience/willthelargehadroncolliderdestroyearth]DESTROY EARTH??
It seems not.

I guess I'll have to go back to doing it the old fashioned way.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Number of posts : 764

PostSubject: Re: Now I Shall be INVINCIBLE!!   Now I Shall be INVINCIBLE!! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 9:02 pm

darkwave_71 wrote:
Just out of interest: What happens to you if you get bitten by a radioactive superhero?
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Master
Master
KittyKat

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Now I Shall be INVINCIBLE!!   Now I Shall be INVINCIBLE!! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 10:56 pm

Good ol' CERN always keeping the world on it's toes.
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Master
Master
KittyKat

PostSubject: Re: Now I Shall be INVINCIBLE!!   Now I Shall be INVINCIBLE!! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 10:56 pm

EvilHippyEmperor wrote:
darkwave_71 wrote:
Just out of interest: What happens to you if you get bitten by a radioactive superhero?

You get a fungus and your foot falls off
Back to top Go down
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Now I Shall be INVINCIBLE!!   Now I Shall be INVINCIBLE!! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 6:01 pm

It hasn't done Mary Jane Watson any harm yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorteapots.com
darkwave_71
Master
Master
darkwave_71

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Now I Shall be INVINCIBLE!!   Now I Shall be INVINCIBLE!! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 5:13 pm

EvilHippyEmperor wrote:
I guess I'll have to go back to doing it the old fashioned way.

GASP!! Not...the army of dancing sports mascots!!!
Now I Shall be INVINCIBLE!! Thdancingmascots
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Master
Master
KittyKat

PostSubject: Re: Now I Shall be INVINCIBLE!!   Now I Shall be INVINCIBLE!! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 7:16 pm

LOL- Darkwave, is your computer hard drive just full of random little movie clips?
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Master
Master
Ginger_Snaps

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Now I Shall be INVINCIBLE!!   Now I Shall be INVINCIBLE!! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 8:21 pm

I wouldn't worry about it. We can't even get artificial lightening to be as powerful as nature.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Now I Shall be INVINCIBLE!!   Now I Shall be INVINCIBLE!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Now I Shall be INVINCIBLE!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GothicRefuge :: Stuff and nonsense :: Politics-
Jump to: