GothicRefuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gothic refuge a place for goths.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Texas school district to let teachers carry guns

Go down 
+6
EvilHippyEmperor
Apocalypse
Maxmordon
Kasmira
helen damnation
darkwave_71
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Texas school district to let teachers carry guns - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Texas school district to let teachers carry guns   Texas school district to let teachers carry guns - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 12:35 pm

EvilHippyEmperor wrote:
Why a crossbow, rather than a bow?

Takes up less space. To wield, that is, not to store; less unwieldy. Would that make it "more wieldy?"
Harder to cock. I can't imagine a 3-5 year old actually using the type I have in mind, whereas I wouldn't put it past Max using a recurve bow for fun when he's 4.
Better penetration at short range. Depending, of course.

The first point is the main one. I live in a small house, so the range benefits of a full-on bow don't really make any difference, and it's easier to turn corners and such with a crossbow.

And for the record, yes, I do know the necessity of securing ammunition in any case. One could argue that crossbow bolts, by themselves, are infinitely more dangerous than bullets.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorteapots.com
darkwave_71
Master
Master
darkwave_71

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Texas school district to let teachers carry guns   Texas school district to let teachers carry guns - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 9:28 am

lol, glad to see this topic is still generating comment.
Undoubtably, concerns posted here would draw the following response from our governor:
Texas school district to let teachers carry guns - Page 2 2a5e
yippy kai yay! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
darkwave_71
Master
Master
darkwave_71

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Texas school district to let teachers carry guns   Texas school district to let teachers carry guns - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 10:47 pm

I didn't know whether to start a new topic or not, but one can see why some teachers would want to arm up if they had this kind of student (although, in this story, the student is public college level compared to public school level). The student, in turn, has filed suit against the school, saying the school has no reason to keep her from attending. When you read the boldface section of this story you'll have to wonder about her reasoning:

"FOX News San Antonio has learned that the Alamo Community College District has won a temporary restraining order against a SAC student because of threats against a teacher. Student Franchesca O'Neal says the speech instructor ridiculed her in class and gave her a grade of "B" when she deserved an "A."

In the order, the court says O'Neal is violent, unstable and has made terroristic threats. In her own court pleadings, O'Neal{i.e the student} says a ..quote.. "law abiding student with an extremely hard head is not immune to a psychotic break and subsequent killing spree under the right wrong conditions."

The ACCD is seeking a permanent injunction, preventing O'Neal from coming on campus or near the instructor, Charles Falcon
."

Weirdly, only our local FOX TV affiliate is carrying the story (and even this story takes some hunting to find it on their website).
The station has interviewed the girl on TV and she seems the scary type in that she speaks intensely with a tone of "I'M RiGHT! and everyone else better be wary".
Needless to say, the local community college students are jumpy she might show up one grey morning...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Texas school district to let teachers carry guns   Texas school district to let teachers carry guns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Texas school district to let teachers carry guns
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2