GothicRefuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gothic refuge a place for goths.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Nostalgic moods

Go down 
+9
Gomez
Ginger_Snaps
endless dark
Maxmordon
darkwave_71
Kasmira
Morella
EvilHippyEmperor
Dog Soldier
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Dog Soldier
Mod
Mod
Dog Soldier

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Nostalgic moods Empty
PostSubject: Nostalgic moods   Nostalgic moods I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 1:54 pm

I just had a wander over to GB. Not sure why, just feeling a little nostalgic I guess. Read through some of my old posts, read the replies from people I have gotten to know, but then I realised just how many have gone to pastures new.

Yes, quite a few of us made it here and I’m glad, but there are those who didn’t, and that makes me feel a little sad. I know seeing screen names and avatars is not the same as knowing a person in the real world. Nevertheless, there are those who have become familiar, part of my daily life. Yet now, they are gone.

It’s good to be here, but I will miss those names and avatars from thos days at GB that have been lost along the way
Back to top Go down
http://www.rjhdesign.com
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Number of posts : 764

Nostalgic moods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgic moods   Nostalgic moods I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 2:58 pm

I suppose it is the way of the world. Even if all the active GB members jumped ship to either here or Endless's forum, there are still those who had already fallen by the wayside for one reason or another.

Oddly enough, the people I miss aren't always the ones I liked.
Back to top Go down
Morella
Master
Master

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Nostalgic moods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgic moods   Nostalgic moods I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 5:00 am

You can't really replace it, true. But at least a lot of the "regs" are around. Wish it was all in one place though.
Back to top Go down
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

Number of posts : 324

Nostalgic moods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgic moods   Nostalgic moods I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 5:52 am

EvilHippyEmperor wrote:

Oddly enough, the people I miss aren't always the ones I liked.

I don't miss anyone.... i have perfect aim!
Back to top Go down
darkwave_71
Master
Master
darkwave_71

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Nostalgic moods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgic moods   Nostalgic moods I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 8:25 am

Kasmira wrote:

I don't miss anyone.... i have perfect aim!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
Witch
Witch
Maxmordon

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Nostalgic moods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgic moods   Nostalgic moods I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 4:08 pm

Sometimes I accidentaly write Gothic Beauty on Google... it's painful...
Back to top Go down
endless dark
Master
Master
endless dark

Number of posts : 86

Nostalgic moods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgic moods   Nostalgic moods I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 5:37 am

Maxmordon wrote:
Sometimes I accidentaly write Gothic Beauty on Google... it's painful...
I know what you mean, I still have GB on my Fav list in the same spot it's been in for since I added it
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Master
Master
Ginger_Snaps

Number of posts : 184

Nostalgic moods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgic moods   Nostalgic moods I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 9:59 am

I deleted GB from my bookmarks the moment I saw that it was closed. To me, it's not the place but the people.
Back to top Go down
darkwave_71
Master
Master
darkwave_71

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Nostalgic moods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgic moods   Nostalgic moods I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 5:17 pm

lol, I come across the hotlink every so often & have to delete it, replacing it with this one.

My Internet at home is thru Yahoo. Everytime I change from one e-mail account to another the hotlinks change. So when I go to scroll down, bam! there's a hotlink to GB, leaving me to go "didn't I delete that?"
So I do!
Back to top Go down
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

Number of posts : 439

Nostalgic moods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgic moods   Nostalgic moods I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 8:31 am

I'm considering writing a Letter to the Editor of GB asking why the forum was shut down, what these resources they don't have are, and saying that it was a wonderful place hundreds of people loved, and it was kind of not cool to just pull the rug out like that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorteapots.com
PorcelainPirate
Witch
Witch
PorcelainPirate

Number of posts : 265

Nostalgic moods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgic moods   Nostalgic moods I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 9:32 am

You and me both, Gomez.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Nostalgic moods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgic moods   Nostalgic moods I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 2:57 pm

Gomez wrote:
I'm considering writing a Letter to the Editor of GB asking why the forum was shut down, what these resources they don't have are, and saying that it was a wonderful place hundreds of people loved, and it was kind of not cool to just pull the rug out like that.
I doubt you'll get anywhere, but best of luck.

I felt that GB had built up a good reputation, presented goths in a generally positive light, and (clearly) had a large number of loyal members.
If they wanted to close down the forum it would not have hurt them one little bit to give some warning so that we could have come up with a more coherent plan for continuing the GB community.

I can only feel that they have damaged their own reputation (and possibly sales) through their lack of foresight.
Back to top Go down
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

Number of posts : 324

Nostalgic moods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgic moods   Nostalgic moods I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 4:23 pm

EvilHippyEmperor wrote:
through their lack of foresight.

Or in other words general assheadedness.
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
Mod
Mod
helen damnation

Number of posts : 168

Nostalgic moods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgic moods   Nostalgic moods I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 11:14 pm

Too right Kas!

I tried to email Parrish to ask about the cost of taking over the forum but strangely enough his email facility was disabled ! It also makes you wonder why the forums closed before the announced date of August?
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Nostalgic moods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgic moods   Nostalgic moods I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 1:02 am

Kasmira wrote:
EvilHippyEmperor wrote:
through their lack of foresight.

Or in other words general assheadedness.
Ah, if I but had your way with words...
Wink
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Master
Master
KittyKat

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Nostalgic moods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgic moods   Nostalgic moods I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 5:31 am

I resigned from the magazine several months ago and have been cut out of the loop but I think it was probably more of a financial decision to cut the forums. I know they were having issues getting money from several of their distributing stores to pay for production costs and staff and it's costly to publish the mag, specially as they keep expanding it which may be a huge factor to their cutting costs like the forums. I'm curious to see how long the magazine will keep going at this pace.
Back to top Go down
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

Number of posts : 439

Nostalgic moods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgic moods   Nostalgic moods I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 5:48 am

Well, that cinches it. I'm writing my letter. I agree that I doubt I'll "get anywhere" if getting somewhere means getting the forums back or anything of that sort. I just want to voice my opinion. I wouldn't care so much about my own personal opinion if it were just that, but it seems to echo the general sentiment out there, and I don't want the fine folks at GB to just see this whole thing slide by and then say, "Well, I guess that old forum wasn't really that important anyway, if nobody's saying anything about it shutting down."

It was important. This whole thing is tremendously important to me, and I want that known.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorteapots.com
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch
Akasha'sMistake

Number of posts : 265

Nostalgic moods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgic moods   Nostalgic moods I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 8:49 pm

^Give'em Hell, Gomez. We are behind you. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nostalgic moods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgic moods   Nostalgic moods I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nostalgic moods
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GothicRefuge :: All things goth. :: General goth chat-
Jump to: