Gothic refuge a place for goths.
 
HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Share | 
 

 General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
darkwave_71
Master
Master
avatar

Number of posts : 89
Age : 47
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:53 pm

Wow, sad to hear that.
Still, Dog Soldier had mentioned the exact same thing about his local club. Looks like the tide's going out & taking with it all the fair-weather goths, lol.
They're probably moving on to "the next big thing", of which they'll adamantly declare "Yeah I had my goth phase but I was ALWAYS a...."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
avatar

Number of posts : 324
Age : 38
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:53 pm

I had a babysitting "job" for all of 4 days. Apparently dad decided to take the baby to his crack head girlfriends 70+ year old grandparents who live 45 min out of town. Granted I'm sure they are watching the baby for free. But i had to wrap my life around the "job" hours 8-8 with my days off being Tuesday and Sunday. Now after 4 days of having the baby i wont be getting her and i now have all this free time and no money again. But he tells me as he is leaving after giving me my money that he doesn't think it will last long and he may need me in about a week.........

I cant seem to get a job to save my life. I haven worked in over 8 years now. The jobs i did have before where child care mostly. Most of the places i did work are out of business now. Most places now only take apps online. So i cant even get an interview............... I'm slowly running out of options and lousing my mind....

_________________
What's bald, and smelly, snogs kangaroos, wears shoes that don't fit and a bra that's too tight, (and knickers that need a good wash), smokes, drinks, and fights too much for her own good, and at this very moment in time has a mega hangover?................... ......You guessed it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PorcelainPirate
Witch
Witch
avatar

Number of posts : 265
Age : 29
Location : Southern England
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:31 pm

darkwave_71 wrote:
Wow, sad to hear that.
Still, Dog Soldier had mentioned the exact same thing about his local club. Looks like the tide's going out & taking with it all the fair-weather goths, lol.j
They're probably moving on to "the next big thing", of which they'll adamantly declare "Yeah I had my goth phase but I was ALWAYS a...."


It's abit of a downward spiral, I think. So many people jump ship because the Goth scene's dying, so there are fewer and fewer numbers, and thus less exciting thngs happening. People just can't be bothered with it.

Unfortuately, there's little that can be done to change that in a short period of time, it's just a case of patience and lots of promoting of the few things that DO still happen on the "dark side".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
helen damnation
Mod
Mod
avatar

Number of posts : 168
Age : 49
Location : Swinging from the stars
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:25 pm

I was invited to a party at a colleague's house last Saturday. Very nice and all that until he kept saying that so and so couldnt wait to meet "the goth" and he kept asking what I would be wearing and whether I would be "freaked up" Evil or Very Mad

I made my excuses and didn't attend and now the bastard isn't speaking to me. I heard them in the kitchen at work today saying "she couldn't go because sunlight kills her" What a bunch of bloody tossers!

I should be used to crap like this at my advanced age but I have a very very thin skin

_________________
You must show no mercy nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you for your greatness will silence them all

Back to top Go down
View user profile
darkwave_71
Master
Master
avatar

Number of posts : 89
Age : 47
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:05 am

Best you didn't go, Helen.
The whole thing smelled of a setup. From what you describe it almost seems as if he was going to put you on display in some kind of squirrel cage, with him playing the role of carnival hawker:

Step right up! Feast your eyes!! Hamster
HOW does she exist in sunlight? Only 2 bits a gander!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch
avatar

Number of posts : 265
Age : 27
Location : In the Admiral's Arms
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:55 am

PorcelainPirate wrote:
...So many people jump ship because the Goth scene's dying...

Shurrup! No it's not! *waves arms around madly to dispel bad karma*

No

Ah well..what goes up must come down. There have been whispers of a "third death" ever since Hot Top!c planted it's roots in the mainstream. Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Symmentha
Master
Master


Number of posts : 18
Age : 28
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:05 pm

Blech. My mummy was just in a car accident.. her fault, totalled both her car and the other womans. I have to take the dayoff work tomorrow to take her around town, to take off work, go into the hospital again, do all her errands, plus shes sure to be borrowing my car for a while ( we can definitely NOT afford a new car.. were going to have to scrimp to cover insurance), which means Im without car (and probs still paying for petrol). Besides I have to wake her up through the night to make sure shes not concussed or anything. Her face is totally bruised, and theres a possibility she has fractured something, which cant be xrayed until tomorrow. Suddenly my 12 hour shift at work today doesnt seem that bad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
avatar

Number of posts : 764
Age : 49
Location : Wessex, Aenglaland
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:18 pm

helen damnation wrote:
I was invited to a party at a colleague's house last Saturday. Very nice and all that until he kept saying that so and so couldnt wait to meet "the goth" and he kept asking what I would be wearing and whether I would be "freaked up" Evil or Very Mad
Was he expecting you to perform tricks too? Maybe you could jump through a hoop whilst applying your make up, or roll over and "Play Alive" (well, you are a goth...)
helen damnation wrote:

I made my excuses and didn't attend and now the bastard isn't speaking to me. I heard them in the kitchen at work today saying "she couldn't go because sunlight kills her" What a bunch of bloody tossers!
I don't blame him. The only really cool person he had going to his party and she didn't turn up, so there was only a bunch of dull losers talking to each other about their bland little lives and narrow little minds. I can see why he is upset.
helen damnation wrote:

I should be used to crap like this at my advanced age but I have a very very thin skin
But it is pale and beautiful gothic skin, and far too fine to be sullied by exposure to dullards like this moron.

_________________
Put a sane man alone in a room with a teacosy, and it is only a matter of time until he puts it on his head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
avatar

Number of posts : 764
Age : 49
Location : Wessex, Aenglaland
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:21 pm

Akasha'sMistake wrote:
PorcelainPirate wrote:
...So many people jump ship because the Goth scene's dying...

Shurrup! No it's not! *waves arms around madly to dispel bad karma*

No

Ah well..what goes up must come down. There have been whispers of a "third death" ever since Hot Top!c planted it's roots in the mainstream. Suspect

Hey, we're goths! We complain if Goth becomes too mainstream, and then we complain if it starts to die out.
Laughing Laughing

_________________
Put a sane man alone in a room with a teacosy, and it is only a matter of time until he puts it on his head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch
avatar

Number of posts : 265
Age : 27
Location : In the Admiral's Arms
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:24 am

Symmentha wrote:
Blech. My mummy was just in a car accident.. her fault, totalled both her car and the other womans. I have to take the dayoff work tomorrow to take her around town, to take off work, go into the hospital again, do all her errands, plus shes sure to be borrowing my car for a while ( we can definitely NOT afford a new car.. were going to have to scrimp to cover insurance), which means Im without car (and probs still paying for petrol). Besides I have to wake her up through the night to make sure shes not concussed or anything. Her face is totally bruised, and theres a possibility she has fractured something, which cant be xrayed until tomorrow. Suddenly my 12 hour shift at work today doesnt seem that bad.

Oh Symm, I am so sorry! I hope your mum (and you!) both feel right as rain soon. I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darkwave_71
Master
Master
avatar

Number of posts : 89
Age : 47
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:23 am

EvilHippyEmperor wrote:
Hey, we're goths! We complain if Goth becomes too mainstream, and then we complain if it starts to die out. Laughing Laughing

Thus the ironies of our Escher-like existence! cyclops
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darkwave_71
Master
Master
avatar

Number of posts : 89
Age : 47
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:24 am

Akasha'sMistake wrote:
Oh Symm, I am so sorry! I hope your mum (and you!) both feel right as rain soon. I love you

Ditto, Symm!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maxmordon
Witch
Witch
avatar

Number of posts : 283
Age : 27
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:07 pm

EvilHippyEmperor wrote:
Akasha'sMistake wrote:
PorcelainPirate wrote:
...So many people jump ship because the Goth scene's dying...

Shurrup! No it's not! *waves arms around madly to dispel bad karma*

No

Ah well..what goes up must come down. There have been whispers of a "third death" ever since Hot Top!c planted it's roots in the mainstream. Suspect

Hey, we're goths! We complain if Goth becomes too mainstream, and then we complain if it starts to die out.
Laughing Laughing

Didn't the musician Voltaire said something about it? That gothic fashion would come out on the light, be popular, and return to the shadows leaving out the wannabes and leaving the real gothlings?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ginger_Snaps
Master
Master
avatar

Number of posts : 184
Age : 31
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:54 am

Akasha'sMistake wrote:
Symmentha wrote:
Blech. My mummy was just in a car accident.. her fault, totalled both her car and the other womans. I have to take the dayoff work tomorrow to take her around town, to take off work, go into the hospital again, do all her errands, plus shes sure to be borrowing my car for a while ( we can definitely NOT afford a new car.. were going to have to scrimp to cover insurance), which means Im without car (and probs still paying for petrol). Besides I have to wake her up through the night to make sure shes not concussed or anything. Her face is totally bruised, and theres a possibility she has fractured something, which cant be xrayed until tomorrow. Suddenly my 12 hour shift at work today doesnt seem that bad.

Oh Symm, I am so sorry! I hope your mum (and you!) both feel right as rain soon. I love you

Provided the rain isn't acid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nika
Master
Master
avatar

Number of posts : 103
Age : 36
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:48 pm

Why can't I be out of this finanical slump. We have the jobs that we worked so hard to get, and we're getting paid , but it still feels like we're living paycheck to paycheck. And we are. I know moving to a new city costs money, and will continue to do so fo a bit, but i'm ready to be able to go out once in a while and not be scared to check the bank account/not in tears when I see a negative balance, though... that's become almost routine. I know it'll work out eventually, but there's been just soooo many expenses to restart my life somewhere else. and the gas prices aren't helping any. nor the rising food costs. We're better off here, than where we were, but it's not going as well as we had hoped. I just hope that the raises that we'll be getting in a couple of months are on time...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch
avatar

Number of posts : 265
Age : 27
Location : In the Admiral's Arms
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:34 pm

Ginger_Snaps wrote:
Akasha'sMistake wrote:
Symmentha wrote:
Blech. My mummy was just in a car accident.. her fault, totalled both her car and the other womans. I have to take the dayoff work tomorrow to take her around town, to take off work, go into the hospital again, do all her errands, plus shes sure to be borrowing my car for a while ( we can definitely NOT afford a new car.. were going to have to scrimp to cover insurance), which means Im without car (and probs still paying for petrol). Besides I have to wake her up through the night to make sure shes not concussed or anything. Her face is totally bruised, and theres a possibility she has fractured something, which cant be xrayed until tomorrow. Suddenly my 12 hour shift at work today doesnt seem that bad.

Oh Symm, I am so sorry! I hope your mum (and you!) both feel right as rain soon. I love you

Provided the rain isn't acid.

Ahh Ginger...the eternal pessimist. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
helen damnation
Mod
Mod
avatar

Number of posts : 168
Age : 49
Location : Swinging from the stars
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:43 pm

Nika wrote:
Why can't I be out of this finanical slump. We have the jobs that we worked so hard to get, and we're getting paid , but it still feels like we're living paycheck to paycheck. And we are. I know moving to a new city costs money, and will continue to do so fo a bit, but i'm ready to be able to go out once in a while and not be scared to check the bank account/not in tears when I see a negative balance, though... that's become almost routine. I know it'll work out eventually, but there's been just soooo many expenses to restart my life somewhere else. and the gas prices aren't helping any. nor the rising food costs. We're better off here, than where we were, but it's not going as well as we had hoped. I just hope that the raises that we'll be getting in a couple of months are on time...

I think we all have very shallow pockets at the moment Sad

_________________
You must show no mercy nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you for your greatness will silence them all

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morella
Master
Master


Number of posts : 51
Age : 32
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:01 pm

"Keep up with the medication you're on and if it doesn't have any effect in six months, come back to get tested for lymphoma. Some of the symptoms you describe are consistent with that." Just the thing I need to hear when my insurance expired two months ago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anthropomorphic
Master
Master
avatar

Number of posts : 7
Age : 33
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:46 pm

Morella wrote:
"Keep up with the medication you're on and if it doesn't have any effect in six months, come back to get tested for lymphoma. Some of the symptoms you describe are consistent with that." Just the thing I need to hear when my insurance expired two months ago.


Thatís the kind of thing that no one wants to hear, ever. Take care of yourself darling!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KittyKat
Master
Master
avatar

Number of posts : 241
Age : 34
Location : Central Valley, California
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:28 pm

I just wandered over to gothic charm school.com as I'm apt to do from time to time and the current lesson was about Goth mums-to-be. Just shove a dagger right into my heart!

I had a weird panic attack yesterday. I was going someplace with my mom and brother and as soon as we got onto the highway we were stopped in traffic for an accident. We didn't know what it entailed till we actually had to drive past it...it involved a semi-truck and an ambulance. The ambulance was on it's side and there was blood all over the dash/windshield. It all triggered something in my brain and it took me a good 20 minutes to calm down and not want to throw up.

My lifes a mess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
helen damnation
Mod
Mod
avatar

Number of posts : 168
Age : 49
Location : Swinging from the stars
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:36 pm

Maybe it is at the moment kitten but you guys are very strong and you know that you'll get through this horrible time. You also know that your family here will do everything we can to support you.

_________________
You must show no mercy nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you for your greatness will silence them all

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
avatar

Number of posts : 764
Age : 49
Location : Wessex, Aenglaland
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:30 am

If we're a family, can I be the mad old uncle that everyone hopes won't talk to them at family get-togethers?

_________________
Put a sane man alone in a room with a teacosy, and it is only a matter of time until he puts it on his head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
avatar

Number of posts : 324
Age : 38
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:56 pm

^^ If you ask me to pull your finger I'm poking you in the eye with a hot french fry.

_________________
What's bald, and smelly, snogs kangaroos, wears shoes that don't fit and a bra that's too tight, (and knickers that need a good wash), smokes, drinks, and fights too much for her own good, and at this very moment in time has a mega hangover?................... ......You guessed it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
avatar

Number of posts : 764
Age : 49
Location : Wessex, Aenglaland
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:09 pm

Be grateful it's just my finger!! Shocked

_________________
Put a sane man alone in a room with a teacosy, and it is only a matter of time until he puts it on his head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KittyKat
Master
Master
avatar

Number of posts : 241
Age : 34
Location : Central Valley, California
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:03 am

Then who's the aunt we keep in the attic that no one wants to talk about?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread   

Back to top Go down
 
General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread
Back to top 
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
 Similar topics
-
» A Miyu Thread
» A General Thought Re: Poetry
» Musicals in general
» Thread Basting or Safety Pins?
» I need building instructions for Lego Model 7656 - General Grevious Starfighter

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GothicRefuge :: The world in general :: Ranting thread-
Jump to: