Gothic refuge a place for goths.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Share | 

Oo-bi-doo, I wanna be like you-oo-ooh

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Oo-bi-doo, I wanna be like you-oo-ooh   Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:32 pm

On Wednesday my work sent me on a "Team Building" day. The main bit was all the sort of management-speak motivational b*****ks that you expect from these things, but it was worth it for the last part of the day when they paid for us all to Go Ape! (http://www.goape.co.uk)

If you ever get the chance to do a Go Ape course, grasp it with both hands, it is the most fun you'll have had since you were a kid!

helen damnation
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 168

PostSubject: Re: Oo-bi-doo, I wanna be like you-oo-ooh   Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:07 am

Do they not realise that you are gothic and therefore unique and there is no I in team? I have a horrible image of you paintballing! Please dont do it! You are way too cool!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ginger_Snaps
Master
Master

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Oo-bi-doo, I wanna be like you-oo-ooh   Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:42 am

I have a sneaking suspicion that EHE will be the one having the the most fun and prove himself king of paintball.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch

Number of posts : 265

PostSubject: Re: Oo-bi-doo, I wanna be like you-oo-ooh   Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:54 am

Wait... did you censor "bullocks"...? (sorry if I'm not supposed to say it!)

Another cultural thing.. but that's definitely not a swear word over here! Odd...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Oo-bi-doo, I wanna be like you-oo-ooh   Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:42 pm

Actually I censored the word "bollocks". I don't think Americans use the word, but over here it is a slang term for testicles, most often used to suggest that someone is talking self important rubbish, as in "talking bollocks", (which is not an adult rated form of ventriloquism.)
Smile

Nika
Master
Master

Number of posts : 103

PostSubject: Re: Oo-bi-doo, I wanna be like you-oo-ooh   Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:37 pm

EvilHippyEmperor wrote:
Actually I censored the word "bollocks". I don't think Americans use the word, but over here it is a slang term for testicles, most often used to suggest that someone is talking self important rubbish, as in "talking bollocks", (which is not an adult rated form of ventriloquism.)
Smile

I learn something new everyday! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch

PostSubject: Re: Oo-bi-doo, I wanna be like you-oo-ooh   Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:16 pm

Ah, I see! Thank you for the lesson, EHE. These are things I need to know, as an aspiring Brit. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arkhum
Master
Master

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Oo-bi-doo, I wanna be like you-oo-ooh   Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:11 pm

Oo-bi-doo, I wanna be like you-oo-ooh. You gotta love King Louie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Oo-bi-doo, I wanna be like you-oo-ooh   Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:01 am

Akasha'sMistake wrote:
Ah, I see! Thank you for the lesson, EHE. These are things I need to know, as an aspiring Brit. Laughing
Why, may I ask, do you aspire to be a Brit?

It is overpriced and overcrowded over here.

EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Oo-bi-doo, I wanna be like you-oo-ooh   Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:03 am

Arkhum wrote:
Oo-bi-doo, I wanna be like you-oo-ooh. You gotta love King Louie.
It is no secret that I am not a fan of Disney, but I do love "The Jungle Book". Great music, and wonderful characters: King Louie, Baloo, and of course, Shere Khan!

Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch

PostSubject: Re: Oo-bi-doo, I wanna be like you-oo-ooh   Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:28 am

EvilHippyEmperor wrote:
Akasha'sMistake wrote:
Why, may I ask, do you aspire to be a Brit?

It is overpriced and overcrowded over here.

Same over here, but with far less class. Although I am sure you would beg to differ...every nation has it's ...ermm... "bottomfeeders"...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PorcelainPirate
Witch
Witch

PostSubject: Re: Oo-bi-doo, I wanna be like you-oo-ooh   Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:13 pm

Personally, I say screw the US and the UK, I'm aspiring to be German! Very Happy

Oh yes, I'm just so Industrial. XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Oo-bi-doo, I wanna be like you-oo-ooh   Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:16 pm

I'm rather partial to Finland, but only for the Monty Python song...

Ginger_Snaps
Master
Master

Number of posts : 184

PostSubject: Re: Oo-bi-doo, I wanna be like you-oo-ooh   Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:10 am

Finland, Finland, Finland
The country where I quite want to be
Your mountains so lofty
Your treetops so tall
Finland, Finland, Finland
Finland has it all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oo-bi-doo, I wanna be like you-oo-ooh   

Back to top Go down

Oo-bi-doo, I wanna be like you-oo-ooh