GothicRefuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gothic refuge a place for goths.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

The General Election

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
alternative election
Spammer
Spammer

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-04-12

The General Election Empty
PostSubject: The General Election   The General Election I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 4:55 pm

Hello everyone,

Sorry to crash your forum but I work for a television production company called Zeppotron and we are currently in the process of producing a programme called The Alternative Election show.

Broadcast on channel 4 on the night of the election the show will be a comedic alternative to the more serious coverage on the other channels and will feature some of the nations most popular comedians alongside respected political commentators.

One item we are putting together is we will be surveying different sections on society to see who they intend to vote for. With this in mind I am now in the process of figuring out ways to poll everyone from Cabbies to hairdressers. Very simply the results will be presented as 'we asked cab drivers on who they would vote for and 25% said they intended to nominate the Labour candidate'.

We also would like to poll Goths. i have set up a very simple poll all you have to do is click on the link below and it takes you to the page. No personal information is asked so it's completly anonymous and it takes no longer than 5 seconds.

http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/480547

I would be most grateful if you could submit your vote, also if anyone has any suggestions on where to post this and how to reach as many Goths as possible I would be most grateful as this is proving a little tricky!

Many thanks

Ben Cannon
Researcher
The Alternative Election Show
ZeppotronTV.
Back to top Go down
Taraiha
Witch
Witch
Taraiha

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: The General Election   The General Election I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 10:49 pm

Good luck with that. First you have to find people who agree that they are a 'goth' based on whatever your definition is. We've been at that for a while ourselves.

Oh and don't get them mixed up with Emos. Or punks. Or rivetheads. Or Twilight fans.
Back to top Go down
http://rhomany.org.uk
alternative election
Spammer
Spammer

PostSubject: Re: The General Election   The General Election I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 11:46 am

Hi,

thanks for the reply! yeh it's proving a little bit difficult, I don't suppose you would be able to recomend any other places I should post this link?

I'm almost considering going to 'goth' pubs round London and doing this survey old school style.

any advice would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Ben
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Number of posts : 764

PostSubject: Re: The General Election   The General Election I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:46 pm

Hi,

Unfortunately getting goths to actually do anything can be rather like herding cats!

Have you tried putting a similar post on http://endless013.users-board.net/index.htm ?
That is an American run forum, but I believe it has a number of British members.
(If you do post on there, please let them know we sent you: there is a little bit of friendly rivalry between the two sites!)

I'll also email your message out to friends, and would encourage others here to do the same.

Do you have a facebook page that we could refer our goth FB friends to?
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Number of posts : 764

PostSubject: Re: The General Election   The General Election I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 2:12 pm

It will be interesting to see what results you get. I suspect you will get a higher than average proprtion of goths choosing the "Other" option.

This is partly due to the politicians in generally being held in unusually low esteem at the moment due to their perceived failings in controlling the excesses of the financial sector, and the damage done to their reputation by the expenses scandal (and the arrogance with which many have conducted themselves through that scandal)...

...but it is also due to the kneejerk reaction of a lot of goths that causes them to reject, and to be seen rejecting, the mainstream without actually thinking about what it offers.
Back to top Go down
ScreamingPurple
Master
Master

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-04-01

PostSubject: Re: The General Election   The General Election I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 12:37 am

alternative election wrote:
Hello everyone,

Sorry to crash your forum but I work for a television production company called Zeppotron and we are currently in the process of producing a programme called The Alternative Election show.

Broadcast on channel 4 on the night of the election the show will be a comedic alternative to the more serious coverage on the other channels and will feature some of the nations most popular comedians alongside respected political commentators.

One item we are putting together is we will be surveying different sections on society to see who they intend to vote for. With this in mind I am now in the process of figuring out ways to poll everyone from Cabbies to hairdressers. Very simply the results will be presented as 'we asked cab drivers on who they would vote for and 25% said they intended to nominate the Labour candidate'.

We also would like to poll Goths. i have set up a very simple poll all you have to do is click on the link below and it takes you to the page. No personal information is asked so it's completly anonymous and it takes no longer than 5 seconds.

http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/480547

I would be most grateful if you could submit your vote, also if anyone has any suggestions on where to post this and how to reach as many Goths as possible I would be most grateful as this is proving a little tricky!

Many thanks

Ben Cannon
Researcher
The Alternative Election Show
ZeppotronTV.

This is actually really interesting and i wouldn't label the WHOLE ALTERNATIVE scene as goth!

But i will be passing the link on to another Alternative community

Good luck i will be watching.

XXXX
Back to top Go down
alternative election
Spammer
Spammer

PostSubject: Re: The General Election   The General Election I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 5:29 pm

Hi guys!

Thanks for the replies, I see that the number of people voting on the poll is slowly creeping up which is great, the more poeple the better.

EvilHippyEmperor - thanks for the suggestion on that website, i'll try and get it on there this afternoon, I've yet to set up a facebook page but am in the process of doing so.. Thanks also for passing it onto your friends, most appreciated.

ScreamingPurple - thanks for passing it on also, if your friends are interested in politics it would be great if you ask them to vote also, in fact even if they aren't interested in politics get them to vote, the more people taking part in this election the better!

cheers!

ben
Back to top Go down
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: The General Election   The General Election I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 1:09 am

I live in America. All the silliest stuff to come through here just kind of passes me by...
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorteapots.com
Taraiha
Witch
Witch
Taraiha

Number of posts : 332

PostSubject: Re: The General Election   The General Election I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 5:14 pm

You'll get a large female response from The HH Forum. Lots of goths/alternatives and plenty from the UK.

You'll need to get in touch with an admin before posting, they don't like people gatecrashing. But if you tell them you've already spoken to me on another forum I'll vouch for you being a genuine pollster and not a spammer.

As long as you don't actually spam. Cuz then I'd have to send EHE after you.

Have you embraced twitter? You'd get a good response on there from people who consider themselves 'alternative' too.
Back to top Go down
http://rhomany.org.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The General Election   The General Election I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The General Election
Page 1 of 1