GothicRefuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gothic refuge a place for goths.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Need something to listen to

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Onyx
Master
Master
Onyx

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-09-17

Need something to listen to Empty
PostSubject: Need something to listen to   Need something to listen to I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 7:48 pm

ok so im new to goth and im looking for some bands to check out. ill listen to pretty much anything once. im already listenin to type o negative, siouxsie and the banshee, nd theatres des vampires
Back to top Go down
Taraiha
Witch
Witch
Taraiha

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Need something to listen to   Need something to listen to I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:11 am

Music stack has a pretty good list of things to start out with that isn't too cumbersome. Nice mix of old and new in there and I have to say I listen to pretty much everything on that list so it's fairly accurate as far as well known bands is concerned.

gothic-rock @ music stack

Once you have a bit more idea of which areas you prefer I'm sure there'll be someone who can direct you towards some independant/lesser known bands too Smile

You could also try some of the older Gothic Rock albums that have a mix of old and new.

Last FM's gothic rock choice isn't too bad and it's free as well, but you have to search several different tags like 'goth industrial', 'gothic metal', 'gothic rock' etc to find it all. Tagging is a bt of a free-for-all over there. I suggest starting with something definitely goth like Siouxsie, The Cure, HIM etc and following the 'you might also like' trail.
Back to top Go down
http://rhomany.org.uk
Onyx
Master
Master
Onyx

PostSubject: Re: Need something to listen to   Need something to listen to I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 4:41 pm

thanks ill check those out today
Back to top Go down
eyvind
Master
Master

Number of posts : 130

PostSubject: Re: Need something to listen to   Need something to listen to I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 5:00 pm

Have you checked The Frozen Autumn?
"Is Anybody There?" is not bad
Back to top Go down
Onyx
Master
Master
Onyx

PostSubject: Re: Need something to listen to   Need something to listen to I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 7:30 pm

ill check it out thnx
Back to top Go down
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Need something to listen to   Need something to listen to I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 7:32 am

Check out Cruxshadows. They're my favorite. There are two dots over the u, but I'm too lazy to find the right character. And it's pronounced Croo-shadows. Like the French pronunciation of "crux." But still the English pronunciation of "shadows" for some reason... anyway, Rogue's a genuis, so check him out. Here are three songs to get you started:

Leave Me Alone is Rogue's reply to Fox' story on how dangerous and evil Goths are.

Birthday is just pure genius. (Before watching this particular video, you might find it interesting to know that Rogue's birth-name is Virgil Rodger DuPont III. I'm pretty sure the video is fan-made, but it's good.)

LOL at 2:28

Sophia is basically my new theme song:
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorteapots.com
Onyx
Master
Master
Onyx

PostSubject: Re: Need something to listen to   Need something to listen to I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 6:27 pm

thnx dude. im gonna check them out in a sec
Back to top Go down
Taraiha
Witch
Witch
Taraiha

Number of posts : 332

PostSubject: Re: Need something to listen to   Need something to listen to I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 7:40 pm

I ♥ the Cruxshadows I love you
Back to top Go down
http://rhomany.org.uk
Lake District
Master
Master
Lake District

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Need something to listen to   Need something to listen to I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 1:03 am

I suggest :

Nightwish
Lordi
Brother Firetribe
The Rasmus
The 69 Eyes
CKY
Ruoska
Within Temptation
Ari Koivunen
PMMP
Vanilla Ninja

check this lot out
Back to top Go down
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Need something to listen to   Need something to listen to I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 12:34 am

Has anyone mentioned The Faint?
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorteapots.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need something to listen to   Need something to listen to I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need something to listen to
Page 1 of 1