Gothic refuge a place for goths.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Share | 

A Sad Day That Is Tearing Me Apart

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mydarkside
Master
Master

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: A Sad Day That Is Tearing Me Apart   Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:53 pm

At 11:45 AM today I had to say goodbye to the best kitty in the world (for me) Nuper. Nuper was 19 years 8 months when I let her go at the vet's office. I knew this day would be coming - the vet has been GREAT about caring for her, boarding her and giving her the best care I could have imagined. He was supportive of my decision and extremely comforting as well. I am so sad right now.
I have not been on this forum in a loooong time. Hoping some of the names I recognize remember my name as well. I am in need of some comfort as you may imagine. Knowing how our kitties are such a part of our lives, I felt I could turn here for solice.

I LOVE YOU, NUPER
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackorchid
Master
Master

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: A Sad Day That Is Tearing Me Apart   Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:04 pm

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. It is never easy to lose a soul that has become so much a part of our lives. I dont know of anything that will make you feel any better, except time~ so take your time....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mydarkside
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: A Sad Day That Is Tearing Me Apart   Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:16 pm

Thank you, BlackOrchid - your words are soothing to my sad heart.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taraiha
Witch
Witch

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: A Sad Day That Is Tearing Me Apart   Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:00 am

*hugs* My kitties are sending you purrs and kitty kisses.
My two turned 11 in May. I hope they both live to the ripe old age yours did. I can't imagine losing them, they become so much a part of everything you do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rhomany.org.uk
mydarkside
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: A Sad Day That Is Tearing Me Apart   Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:15 am

Taraiha - thank your kitties for me. I wish the life that Nuper had for your kitties and everybody's furry friends. Nuper was the best gift I ever received and I never lost sight of that. She lived a spoiled peaceful life and had beautiful last days. She was not in obvious distress. I saw many signs as did the vet and after a significant behavior change I decided that her dignity was more important than "having her around longer" and then watching her fail and suffer. She ate and drank well. I am sad, really sad without her. I got her when I was 27 and I'll be 47 next Monday. She has lived everywhere on this earth that I have including my family's house I grew up in. I always wished that she would live as long as I but I knew that wasn't possible. I have had SUCH a great life with her and always told her that I was glad she was spending her life with me. I think she understood that. Enjoy your kitties and take care of them - don't skimp on quality food in limited quantities (never overfed her even though she may have eaten until she exploded). Hard to think that Nuper will not be here in the morning. Though she is now, as she always has been, with me and me with her. Sad day but.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Sad Day That Is Tearing Me Apart   

Back to top Go down

A Sad Day That Is Tearing Me Apart
Page 1 of 1