Gothic refuge a place for goths.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Share | 

Happy!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Apocalypse
Master
Master

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Happy!   Fri May 15, 2009 1:50 am

If you need any help constructing this, here's a book that might help:

http://www.amazon.com/123-Robotics-Experiments-Evil-Genius/dp/0071413588
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/apocalypsenotquiteyet
Gomez
Witch
Witch

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Happy!   Fri May 15, 2009 5:50 am

Looks like a great book. I'll have to check into that after I'm done with my current one.
I also want this one.
http://www.amazon.com/Book-Totally-Irresponsible-Science-Experiments/dp/076115020X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1242355672&sr=1-1
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.collectorteapots.com
Taraiha
Witch
Witch

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Happy!   Sat May 16, 2009 9:09 pm

I woke to emails this morning saying I'd sold two items from my Cafe Press shop and someone wanted a commission for a painting from me. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rhomany.org.uk
Kasmira
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Happy!   Mon May 18, 2009 1:58 am

Taraiha wrote:
I woke to emails this morning saying I'd sold two items from my Cafe Press shop and someone wanted a commission for a painting from me. Smile

YAY! Isn't it great to get that email from cafe press. Whats the link to your shop i will put it on my next myspace mail from my shop page.

What's bald, and smelly, snogs kangaroos, wears shoes that don't fit and a bra that's too tight, (and knickers that need a good wash), smokes, drinks, and fights too much for her own good, and at this very moment in time has a mega hangover?................... ......You guessed it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taraiha
Witch
Witch

PostSubject: Re: Happy!   Mon May 18, 2009 9:43 pm

Cool, thanks Kas. It's here - http://www.cafepress.com/rhomany or via my website rhomany.org.uk

Do I have yours? I've got your blog linked but I don't think I've got your CP link

Last edited by Taraiha on Thu May 28, 2009 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nsanelilmunky
Master
Master

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Happy!   Thu May 28, 2009 6:45 am

I'm happy because I finally got car insurance. I even had enough to where I was able to by the policy in full instead of doing monthly payments! That's a first! (though it is an old car so there wasn't much to buy)

Now I can register my car. Happy Dance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 764

PostSubject: Re: Happy!   Thu May 28, 2009 11:05 am

nsanelilmunky wrote:
I'm happy because I finally got car insurance. I even had enough to where I was able to by the policy in full instead of doing monthly payments! That's a first! (though it is an old car so there wasn't much to buy)

Now I can register my car. Happy Dance
Quick, everyone get off the roads!!!
Twisted Evil

Congratulations!

If I may just offer a piece of advice that I hope you never need:
In the event that your car gets stolen/written off you don't have to accept your insurance company's initial offer for it. Usually they will offer a pittance for an old vehicle, but if you don't mind digging your heels in and politely but pointedly arguing with them, you can often get them around to making a sensible offer (especially if you have built up a few years no claims, and threaten to take your business elsewhere).
When my car was written off, I eventually negotiated a settlement of over twice their original offer.

PorcelainPirate
Witch
Witch

Number of posts : 265

PostSubject: Re: Happy!   Thu May 28, 2009 3:12 pm

How did you manage that, EHE? My father recently spent over a month butting heads with his insurance company. They didn't budge, so he ended up with £200 for a '97 Vectra. WTF?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taraiha
Witch
Witch

PostSubject: Re: Happy!   Thu May 28, 2009 3:40 pm

What you need is to have a look at your policy and see if it has the value of the car written on it. Because it's not the value of the car they should give you but the cost of replacement. My policy says my car is worth £1900. A dealership would say £350. But the fact that my insurance documents value the car as higher in black and white means I have a bargaining chip.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Happy!   Thu May 28, 2009 7:40 pm

PorcelainPirate wrote:
How did you manage that, EHE? My father recently spent over a month butting heads with his insurance company. They didn't budge, so he ended up with £200 for a '97 Vectra. WTF?
I had a Ford Orion of similar vintage, and they offered me £195 (less my excess of £150)

I initially tried humour:
I pointed out that if they reckoned £195 was the Market Value of a taxed and MOT'd 1600cc four door saloon then myself and a number of my friends would like directions to that market as we planned a shopping trip..
I told them I had found two cars I could afford for their offer ... but not the Scalextric track to run them on.
I gave them a list of bicycles that I could not afford for their offer.

All of which fell on deaf ears. The letter which finally prompted them into 'reconsidering' the valuation went as follows (somewhat anonymised for reproduction here:

I am writing to inform you that I do not accept your company’s valuation of my car at £195
This car was taxed, and had 11 months MOT. One month before it was stolen, it required less than £100 (inc. parts and labour) to put this car through its MOT (New brake pads, a replacement bearing, and a new light switch)
When I sought to replace this car, I searched in classified adverts, local garages, and on the internet for three weeks. At no time did I find any taxed and MOT’d car for as little as £195. The cheapest such car I could find was £350, and the cheapest equivalent to my own car (4 door, engine of about 1600cc) was £400
I have been paying your company over £300 a year for Fully Comprehensive insurance. Having lost my vehicle through no fault of my own, I expect to be offered an amount that allows me to replace my vehicle with another of a similar standard. Frankly, I consider your offer of £195 to be insulting.
I am not prepared to accept an offer of less than £400. This is less than I paid for my current car, but is an amount that would have allowed me to buy a taxed, 4 door vehicle with an MOT.
I would invite you to consider the financial implications of offering me less than this amount.
I currently pay your company a premium of over £300 per year. Up until last December I enjoyed eight years No Claims Discount (though that has now, understandably, dropped somewhat). I have no points on my licence, and not even a speeding ticket to my name. The claim I have now made is for the theft of my car, which must be considered a cheap one by either of our valuations. It has not involved any damage to other, more expensive, vehicles.
Without wishing to appear immodest, I am a safe driver and a sound investment for my insurance company.
I am asking you to increase your offer by £205 : Less than my premium for eight months. If you refuse, then I will not be renewing my policy with your company in August. I suggest you consider whether the saving of this £205 really justifies the loss of my future trade.

Needless to say, I didn't renew with them anyway.

EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Happy!   Thu May 28, 2009 7:41 pm

Taraiha wrote:
What you need is to have a look at your policy and see if it has the value of the car written on it. Because it's not the value of the car they should give you but the cost of replacement. My policy says my car is worth £1900. A dealership would say £350. But the fact that my insurance documents value the car as higher in black and white means I have a bargaining chip.
Be careful with that, most policies have a 'nominal value' for the car (mine was £1000) but pay out at the 'current market value'.

Nika
Master
Master

Number of posts : 103

PostSubject: Re: Happy!   Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:52 am

My hubby is making dinner tonight! Moony
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KittyKat
Master
Master

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Happy!   Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:51 pm

My baby kittens are so yummy scrumptious. I love watching them, even if they are only a week or so old and do very little.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taraiha
Witch
Witch

PostSubject: Re: Happy!   Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:07 am

KittyKat wrote:
My baby kittens are so yummy scrumptious. I love watching them, even if they are only a week or so old and do very little.
...and photos of teh cutes are where? cat cat cat
Back to top Go down
Gomez
Witch
Witch

PostSubject: Re: Happy!   Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:47 am

Nika wrote:
My hubby is making dinner tonight! Moony

KittyKat wrote:
My baby kittens are so yummy scrumptious.

Shocked
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Happy!   Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:36 am

Tastes a lot like chicken...
Wink

KittyKat
Master
Master

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Happy!   Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:33 am

Actually, a little more like lizzard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gomez
Witch
Witch

PostSubject: Re: Happy!   Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:58 pm

Does lizard taste like alligator? I like dragons. Especially barbecued. I didn't get to try any of the alligator alfredo I made that one time because it was all eaten by the time I finished serving dinner.
Back to top Go down
Kasmira
Mod
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Happy!   Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:41 pm

Gomez wrote:
Does lizard taste like alligator? I like dragons. Especially barbecued. I didn't get to try any of the alligator Alfredo I made that one time because it was all eaten by the time I finished serving dinner.

I hate that! You spend half your day making something really yummy. You set your table and dining room up. Then by the time you make sure everyone is served you either have cold food or no food. Thats why we have started doing everything buffet style. That way everyone can serve themselves and i get to enjoy having people over and I'm not stuck alone in the kitchen the whole time.

What's bald, and smelly, snogs kangaroos, wears shoes that don't fit and a bra that's too tight, (and knickers that need a good wash), smokes, drinks, and fights too much for her own good, and at this very moment in time has a mega hangover?................... ......You guessed it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PorcelainPirate
Witch
Witch

PostSubject: Re: Happy!   Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:51 pm

My happy of the day is the purchase of these posters. Freakin' awesome to the Firefly fan, pretty artwork to the casual observer:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
PorcelainPirate
Witch
Witch

PostSubject: Re: Happy!   Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:27 pm

There will be beaching and wining tonight. Other people's birthdays are awesome Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Apocalypse
Master
Master

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Happy!   Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:52 pm

The Miranda poster looks a lot like a Disneyland attraction poster.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/apocalypsenotquiteyet
eyvind
Master
Master

Number of posts : 130

PostSubject: Re: Happy!   Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:35 am

I have found new satisfaction playing ROCKBAND2!

I'm playing lead guitar, theres actually some cool music in the downloads, like from Evanescence and Lacuna Coil!

The advanced mode is very challenging!
I could be on this game forever:)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kasmira
Mod
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Happy!   Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:10 am

eyvind wrote:
I have found new satisfaction playing ROCKBAND2!

I'm playing lead guitar, theres actually some cool music in the downloads, like from Evanescence and Lacuna Coil!

The advanced mode is very challenging!
I could be on this game forever:)

LUCKY, i never get to play guitar.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch

PostSubject: Re: Happy!   Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:37 pm

Hi everyone! Wow this place has changed - it looks gorgeous! I love you

I thought I should finally post the evidence of yet another forum romance.... Arrogant Loki/Marquis De Sade and I finally had, after a year of waiting and planning, our first weekend together in my hometown in New York over the Labor Day weekend...

There were pancakes...

There were toy stores...

There was a gorgeous Dodge Charger rental...(lots of vroom vrooming and speed limit disregard, on Sade's part.) :p

There was a unicorn...

There was us.

I've been miserable at college/university... but having Sade there to help me move in my first day made it that much easier.

I love you bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy!   

Back to top Go down

Happy!
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GothicRefuge :: The world in general :: Happy thread-
Jump to: