GothicRefuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gothic refuge a place for goths.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Oysters

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dunkrez
Master
Master

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Oysters Empty
PostSubject: Oysters   Oysters I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 4:20 pm

Hey

Right, better introduce myself properly.

I'm dunk, and I'm 29. I live in Sheffield in the uk. I write tunes etc and I'm a bit of a hedonist.

You can grab a listen at me on last.fm now - just search for dunk rez

I'm not looking to spam - just promised a long time ago that I would write tunes not for profit ever. I just like rackin em up.

The only issue I had is after _years_ of writin and getting them ready, how do I get them out there? I'm working on a big weshite at the mo, but essentially I'm lookin to spread a little awareness.

Parody at it's worst.

I'm lookin for like minded folk, so if you are, then give me a shout. I will write and record with who I can. Also, if you rock at art... I will be glad of any help you can offer.

d.rez
Back to top Go down
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Oysters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oysters   Oysters I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 2:40 pm

Hi and hello.

Well, I'm not a musician, but I'm currently working on learning about online marketing, so when I've become a bit smarter, I might be able to offer some pointers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorteapots.com
dunkrez
Master
Master

Oysters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oysters   Oysters I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 3:03 pm

That would be great... it's really tough to get the ball rolling you know, and getting a 'spammer' tag def does not help any!

I am slowly building a bit of a listener base at the moment and it's giving me the drive I need to keep on pushing. I realise that what I write is probably only gonna appeal to 3% of whoever listens, but then hopefully that 3% will let more people know and so on and so forth.

I would like to keep this all at low cost because well, I feel the music industry is now a totally different game and I just really love to make music so all I'm looking for is people that enjoy what I write and in return I will never charge for my tunes. I have been doing this for about a decade now, but what with deciding to go alone, the production of a full album is a massive thing to take on for just one body.

Now I have the material available, I am gonna concentrate on the marketing side of it all, because if I don't - well, that's a massive amount of wasted effort!

Although I am back in the studio working with a few other artists on some more tunes and within that is some dub step and drum & bass.

Anyway, thanks for the reply mate, talk to you soon.

d.rez
Back to top Go down
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Oysters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oysters   Oysters I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 6:28 am

So I can see you're not a spammer from the lack of links. Have you any samples of what exactly it is you do? Perhaps I might know someone whose tastes mesh.
Then again, no accounting for taste, so I might not. Won't know until I know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorteapots.com
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Oysters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oysters   Oysters I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 11:43 am

Hello Dunk,

Don't worry about the Spammer tag, it will change once you reach your eleventh post.

I'm afraid I am about as musical as the average parsnip, and couldn't carry a note in a bucket, so I shall assist you in the best way I can: By not collaborating with you!
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

Number of posts : 324

Oysters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oysters   Oysters I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 6:14 pm

Oh come on EHE if all those pop singers can do it so can you. Sides now they have computer programs that MAKE you sound good.
Back to top Go down
dunkrez
Master
Master

Oysters Empty
PostSubject: have a listen if you like...   Oysters I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 4:52 pm

Hey there,

Thanks for the input, always appreciated.

If you fancy a little listen to what I have on the web so far you can from here :

http://www.last.fm/music/dunk+rez

Like I said it's slowly building (bear in mind I've only been promoting for little under three weeks). I hope you enjoy, don't take me too seriously!

Thanks again,

d.rez
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Number of posts : 764

Oysters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oysters   Oysters I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 11:10 am

dunkrez wrote:
don't take me too seriously!
Oh we won't. Laughing We don't do "angsty goth" here!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oysters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oysters   Oysters I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oysters
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GothicRefuge :: The world in general :: Introductions.-
Jump to: