GothicRefuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gothic refuge a place for goths.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Life span89

Go down 
+10
eyvind
Ginger_Snaps
semyaza
helen damnation
Akasha'sMistake
Taraiha
MoonRaven
Bad Art 23
EvilHippyEmperor
Kasmira
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Life span89 Empty
PostSubject: Life span89   Life span89 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 6:21 am

So whats the life span of this place? IF the GB isn't going down for good will you all keep this place open?
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Number of posts : 764

Life span89 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life span89   Life span89 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 10:59 am

No definite plans as yet. This forum was set up in a hurry as a "shanty town" for refugees from Gothic Beauty, to give everyone a rallying point to stay together.

As it goes, other people have done the same thing. We are not really wanting to replace one forum with three, so we will probably wait to see how things go, and get everyone together on whichever forum seems to be doing the best, be it this one, Endless's, or Madelchai's.

If GB does continue then we will see whether people still want to hang out here, and whether or not it is worth keeping this place open.
Back to top Go down
Bad Art 23
Spammer
Spammer

Number of posts : 2

Life span89 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life span89   Life span89 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 11:18 am

I did have trouble creating an account on Endless', so that's off to a bad start already. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
Master
Master
MoonRaven

Number of posts : 47

Life span89 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life span89   Life span89 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 3:21 pm

Maybe you already registered and didn't even know it Smile
Back to top Go down
http://raven721.deviantart.com
Taraiha
Witch
Witch
Taraiha

Number of posts : 332

Life span89 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life span89   Life span89 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 3:52 pm

I like the colours on this one, but I don't care where we are as long as we're all together.
Back to top Go down
http://rhomany.org.uk
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

Life span89 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life span89   Life span89 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 4:59 pm

Wink i don't really care where we are. There are a few people i want to be able to chat with. Other then that i'm not worried about anything.
Back to top Go down
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch
Akasha'sMistake

Number of posts : 265

Life span89 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life span89   Life span89 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 8:26 pm

Kasmira wrote:
Wink i don't really care where we are. There are a few people i want to be able to chat with. Other then that i'm not worried about anything.

Same here. I really don't care where we plant roots...as long as we all end up in the same spot. I'm afraid all the disorganization will cause us to lose some of our best members, who I have grown to adore! confused
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
Mod
Mod
helen damnation

Number of posts : 168

Life span89 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life span89   Life span89 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 11:25 pm

Taraiha wrote:
I like the colours on this one, but I don't care where we are as long as we're all together.

Very Happy

Mr Damnation just passed by the computer, took a look and said "I really like that one"

He has great taste! Smile
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
Master
Master
MoonRaven

Life span89 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life span89   Life span89 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 12:20 am

Whoa i'm a master!
Woo hoo

But where is all my smiley guys and my options to change fonts and stuff?
Is anyone else having that problem?
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Life span89 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life span89   Life span89 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 12:22 am

Blimey, there's no pleasing some people...

Wink
Back to top Go down
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

Life span89 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life span89   Life span89 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 12:33 am

EHE silly boy you only have to please me, helen and i guess GWE (i added her under threat of bodily harm Laughing ) too. The rest will just have to deal. lol
Back to top Go down
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch
Akasha'sMistake

Life span89 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life span89   Life span89 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 12:43 am

MoonRaven wrote:
Whoa i'm a master!
Woo hoo

But where is all my smiley guys and my options to change fonts and stuff?
Is anyone else having that problem?

They should all be there when you click to reply!
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
Master
Master
MoonRaven

Life span89 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life span89   Life span89 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 1:29 am

It wasn't there when I hit reply. On Endless' too.
But it's here now.
So I feel better
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Life span89 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life span89   Life span89 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 1:32 am

All three forums were set up at short notice, so I guess we're all finding our way around at the moment. They are all running on the same software, so hopefully it won't be too difficult.
Back to top Go down
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch
Akasha'sMistake

Life span89 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life span89   Life span89 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 1:49 am

Well, I know that this board has been "nominated" as the go-to board... but I personally will still remain at endless', in addition to here. I'm going to try to put this as sensitively as I can... it's not right that Parrish seems to think his opinion matters. At least it doesn't hold much water for me, after how he just pops in once in a grand while, usually bringing the Doom cloud of bad news with him. If this is where Gbers have unanimously decided to stay, then I am all there with ya' guys. But Parrish's opinion on it? I have a hand gesture for that.

Sorry if my opinion rubs with anyone else's, but I had to say it.

EDIT: And this is by no means anything against GWE's and Madelchai's efforts! I love and appreciate all of them.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Life span89 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life span89   Life span89 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 2:03 am

We are certainly not trying to force people to choose between this forum and either of the others. They were, after all, set up for the same reason, aimed at the same users.

I have signed up to all three, though understandably I have been a lot more active here.

I do want to point out that neither the GWE nor I had anything to do with Parrish's decision to endorse The Refuge rather than Endless or Madelchai's site.
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
Master
Master
MoonRaven

Life span89 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life span89   Life span89 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 2:08 am

EvilHippyEmperor wrote:

I do want to point out that neither the GWE nor I had anything to do with Parrish's decision to endorse The Refuge rather than Endless or Madelchai's site.

I would never think such a thing Rolling Eyes

It's still new to all of us. I guess we have to shop around and see which one suits us better.
Back to top Go down
Taraiha
Witch
Witch
Taraiha

Life span89 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life span89   Life span89 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 2:19 am

Akasha'sMistake wrote:
Well, I know that this board has been "nominated" as the go-to board... but I personally will still remain at endless', in addition to here. I'm going to try to put this as sensitively as I can... it's not right that Parrish seems to think his opinion matters. At least it doesn't hold much water for me, after how he just pops in once in a grand while, usually bringing the Doom cloud of bad news with him. If this is where Gbers have unanimously decided to stay, then I am all there with ya' guys. But Parrish's opinion on it? I have a hand gesture for that.

Sorry if my opinion rubs with anyone else's, but I had to say it.
Akasha you crack me up. I do love the way you 'sentively put that'. I personally would have gone with 'why would I bother taking into consideration the opinion of someone who just royally dumped on a whole host of loyal customers'. I see they've added Endless' site to the announcement now, but not Madelchai's yet.

Where my butt rests is entirely swung by the fact that I can't read the gothic print and red & black elsewhere. GWE has much better taste in colour schemes. Well that and the fact that I'm already missing EHE's wit and charm obviously. I'm grateful to everyone who's gone to the effort of setting something up. I just wish they'd do it in a way that's readable study
Back to top Go down
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch
Akasha'sMistake

Life span89 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life span89   Life span89 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 2:24 am

^I said that before too! I love how Uber-Gothy both this forum, as well as Endless' look...but on the "stare into the black abyss of the Internet for hours and not go bat blind" scale... Madelchai's takes the cake.

Unfortunately... that forum doesn't seem to want me! (Has anyone else had trouble with their verification email for there?)
Back to top Go down
Taraiha
Witch
Witch
Taraiha

Life span89 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life span89   Life span89 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 2:28 am

Yeah mine ended up in the spam folder.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Life span89 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life span89   Life span89 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 2:29 am

Akasha'sMistake wrote:
...but on the "stare into the black abyss of the Internet for hours and not go bat blind" scale...
If you were a real Goth you'd be wearing shades anyway...
Laughing
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
Master
Master
MoonRaven

Life span89 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life span89   Life span89 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 2:31 am

I've been on the computer for way to long. I probably will go blind.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Life span89 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life span89   Life span89 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 2:37 am

If I said that you'd all assume I'd been visiting Suspect websites!
Back to top Go down
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch
Akasha'sMistake

Life span89 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life span89   Life span89 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 2:38 am

Taraiha wrote:
Yeah mine ended up in the spam folder.

Well, that explains why I never got mine... I have Spam blocker on. So it got immediately deleted. Oops.
Back to top Go down
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

Life span89 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life span89   Life span89 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 2:46 am

it's where all the cool kids go........

really i think like will go to like. I'm sure i will hit up endless place and check it out. But i tend to stick to one or two. So its here and Dib and craftster. I can't handle more then that lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Life span89 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life span89   Life span89 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Life span89
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next