GothicRefuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gothic refuge a place for goths.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Apparently America will be getting a new president

Go down 
+2
Apocalypse
EvilHippyEmperor
6 posters

McCain, or Obama
McCain (US)
Apparently America will be getting a new president I_vote_lcap22%Apparently America will be getting a new president I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
Obama (US)
Apparently America will be getting a new president I_vote_lcap44%Apparently America will be getting a new president I_vote_rcap
 44% [ 4 ]
McCain (non-US)
Apparently America will be getting a new president I_vote_lcap0%Apparently America will be getting a new president I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Obama (non-US)
Apparently America will be getting a new president I_vote_lcap33%Apparently America will be getting a new president I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Apparently America will be getting a new president Empty
PostSubject: Apparently America will be getting a new president   Apparently America will be getting a new president I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 11:50 am

OK, we've had all the primaries and the debates, so let's find out who will get the vote of our little State of Gothic Refuge.

I'm also interested to see how the candidates fare at home and abroad, so I have provided separate options for US and non-US citizens.
Back to top Go down
Apocalypse
Master
Master
Apocalypse

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Apparently America will be getting a new president   Apparently America will be getting a new president I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 7:48 am

There are issues for both nominees I can do and do without but I really want to see alternative energy thrive and even though his websites says otherwise on the issue of energy I just don't think more than nuclear and coal are going to see more development under McCain's direction.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/apocalypsenotquiteyet
darkwave_71
Master
Master
darkwave_71

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Apparently America will be getting a new president   Apparently America will be getting a new president I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 5:39 pm

They aired a program on non-cable TV over here on the upcoming election & politics in general this past Friday night.
One of the things they addressed was the 2 candidates' lip-service to finding alternative energy. Apparently this bit about "freeing America from the dependence on foreign oil" has been part of presidential speech stumping since Nixon in the 70s, and it never really gets anywhere once the last celebratory balloon drops from the rafters.

The one thing I liked about the program was how they stressed that politicians (particularly the presidential type) tend to make themselves out to be superheroes Apparently America will be getting a new president Tom_cruise_kills_oprah
who, if elected, will cut taxes, eliminate spending, plug the hole in the ozone, eliminate ring-around-the-collar, bring back 8-track tapes, ensure your cereal stays crispy in milk, etc.

The fact is that they largely can't do much about the things they stump about because decision-making depends on their working with the 438-member House & 100-member Senate, legislative bodies whose membership isn't all of the same party as the President and who all have their own agenda.

It'd be cool if something could be done about energy but I think the main concern of the new administration, come January 21, will be the economy, the deficit, & the war. If there's anything "alternative", it'll be finding an "alternative" way to fund programs without tax money. While people don't want to see this or that governement program axed, nobody wants to pay for them either!

Apparently America will be getting a new president 35297643
Back to top Go down
Apocalypse
Master
Master
Apocalypse

PostSubject: Re: Apparently America will be getting a new president   Apparently America will be getting a new president I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 2:08 am

darkwave_71 wrote:
They aired a program on non-cable TV over here on the upcoming election & politics in general this past Friday night.
One of the things they addressed was the 2 candidates' lip-service to finding alternative energy. Apparently this bit about "freeing America from the dependence on foreign oil" has been part of presidential speech stumping since Nixon in the 70s, and it never really gets anywhere once the last celebratory balloon drops from the rafters.

Well that just bites butthole.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: Apparently America will be getting a new president   Apparently America will be getting a new president I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 12:18 pm

Apocalypse wrote:
darkwave_71 wrote:

Butthole biting is an integral part of politics throughout the world, my friend.
Back to top Go down
darkwave_71
Master
Master
darkwave_71

PostSubject: Re: Apparently America will be getting a new president   Apparently America will be getting a new president I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 5:55 pm

EvilHippyEmperor wrote:
Apocalypse wrote:
Butthole biting is an integral part of politics throughout the world, my friend.

I thought it was butthole KISSING that was the "integral part"?? What a Face

Anyhoo, here's part 1 of the program I referred to:
20/20 - Politically Incorrect Guide To Politics
Funny how this major network didn't bother to air the program during a more highly trafficked airtime...
Friday nights everybody (i.e. the electorate) is out.

View.
Be enraged Evil or Very Mad (esp. at the 3 & 4 minute mark Apocalypse).
And know that the only people that can bring about the change we want is OURSELVES!

What's the difference between relying on ourselves & the Feds/State?
The 1:45 minute mark of
PART THREE of the show.
I can attest from personal account, the eastern section of New Orleans is STILL in that condition.

And if anybody has any funny idea about trying to run for office to "get things done", check out
PART FOUR
NOBODY gains office without having large sums of money.
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Master
Master
KittyKat

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Apparently America will be getting a new president   Apparently America will be getting a new president I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 6:26 am

Oy, the whole things makes me want to blow chunks.
Back to top Go down
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Apparently America will be getting a new president   Apparently America will be getting a new president I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 9:01 am

I'm voting Obama, If i gotta watch another dickhead run our country into the ground I might as well pick the pretty one!

Really change will only happen when we get off our asses and make changes. Till then its gonna be the same monkey dance it's always been.
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
Witch
Witch
Maxmordon

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Apparently America will be getting a new president   Apparently America will be getting a new president I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 4:39 pm

Kasmira wrote:

Really change will only happen when we get off our asses and make changes. Till then its gonna be the same monkey dance it's always been.

Completely true.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: Apparently America will be getting a new president   Apparently America will be getting a new president I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 6:11 pm

Kasmira wrote:
Really change will only happen when we get off our asses and make changes.
Or when my secret manipulation of current regimes finally undermines the existing world order to the point that people cry out for my (largely) benevolent dictatorship!!!
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: Apparently America will be getting a new president   Apparently America will be getting a new president I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 6:12 pm

Note to self: Avoid use of multiple exclamation marks - too reminiscent of maniacal laughing and foaming at the mouth.
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
Witch
Witch
Maxmordon

PostSubject: Re: Apparently America will be getting a new president   Apparently America will be getting a new president I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 7:52 pm

EvilHippyEmperor wrote:
Kasmira wrote:
Or when my secret manipulation of current regimes finally undermines the existing world order to the point that people cry out for my (largely) benevolent dictatorship!!!

I bet is hard to compete with such imitators like Dr. Steel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgQEzR9WN5A
Back to top Go down
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

PostSubject: Re: Apparently America will be getting a new president   Apparently America will be getting a new president I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 8:42 pm

EvilHippyEmperor wrote:
Kasmira wrote:

So you have a "large" dictatorship? Well then your my kind of leader. Wink
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
Witch
Witch
Maxmordon

PostSubject: Re: Apparently America will be getting a new president   Apparently America will be getting a new president I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 5:27 am

Britain is Repossessing the U.S.A.

An open letter from Mr.John Cleese of Monty Python fame to the people south of the 49th parallel which I think is delightful so enjoy:

To the Citizens of the United States of America:

In light of the strong possibility you are about to elect an elderly gentleman with a bad temper and a lady who thinks she can run foreign policy because she can see Russia from her house, as President and President-In-Waiting of the USA and thus to risk Life.

As We Know It for everyone else on the Planet, we hereby give notice of the revocation of your independence, effective immediately.

Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will resume monarchical duties over all states, commonwealths, and territories (except Kansas, which she does not fancy). She won't actually be in charge, but she'll greet foreign leaders as necessary and not put her foot in it or vomit on anyone at dinner.

Your new prime minister, Gordon Brown, will appoint a Governor for America without the need for further elections. He will choose someone who does not have his or her hand in the till and has significant experience in running Big Things. You have not had one of them for almost a decade and trust me, it is a big plus.

Congress and the Senate will be disbanded. They have given away too much of your money already to rescue incompetent business executives and soon your American Dollars will resemble Zimbabwean Dollars in total worthlessness. There is no free lunch you know.

Although we originally let you get away with secession because King George was robbing you blind, recent events demonstrate that your present leaders are doing much worse things and unfortunately you have not noticed.

A questionnaire will be circulated next year to determine whether more than half of you still believe Saddam Hussein was behind 9-11. Information to the contrary will again be provided by the rest of the world and we request you read it this time and refrain from invading the wrong country ever again if you possibly can.

To aid in the transition to a British Crown Dependency, the following rules are introduced with immediate effect:You should look up "revocation" in the Oxford English Dictionary.

1. Then look up aluminium, and check the pronunciation guide. You will be amazed at just how wrongly you have been pronouncing it.

2. The letter 'U' will be reinstated in words such as'favour' and 'neighbour.' Likewise, you will learn to spell 'doughnut' without skipping half the letters, and the suffix -ize will be replaced by the suffix -ise.

Generally, you will be expected to raise your vocabulary to acceptable levels. (look up 'vocabulary').

3. Using the same twenty-seven words interspersed with filler noises such as "like" and "you know" is an unacceptable and inefficient form of communication.There is no such thing as US English. We will let Microsoft know on your behalf. The Microsoft spell-checker will be adjusted to take account of the reinstated letter 'u' and the elimination of -ize. You will relearn your original national anthem, God Save The Queen.

4. July 4th will no longer be celebrated as a holiday. But we have a lot of Bank Holidays you will enjoy instead.

5. You will learn to resolve personal issues without using guns, lawyers, or therapists. The fact that you need so many lawyers and therapists shows that you're not adult enough to be independent.

6. Guns should only be handled by adults. If you're not adult enough to sort things out without suing someone or speaking to a therapist then you're not grown up enough to handle a gun. Therefore, you will no longer be allowed to own or carry anything more dangerous than a vegetable peeler. A permit will be required if you wish to carry a vegetable peeler in public.

7. All American cars are hereby banned. They are crap and this is for your own good. When we show you German cars, you will understand what we mean.

8. All intersections will be replacedwith roundabouts, and you will start driving on the left with immediate effect. At the same time, you will go metric with immediate effect and without the benefit of conversion tables. Both roundabouts and metrication will help you understand the British sense of humour.

9. The Former USA will adopt UK prices on petrol (which you have been calling gasoline)-roughly $9/US gallon. Get used to it.
Your driving armoured cars to buy groceries is unnecessary, boorish and killing the planet.

10. You will learn to make real chips. Those things you call French fries are not real chips, and those things you insist on calling potato chips are properly called crisps. Real chips are thick cut, fried in animal fat, and dressed not with catsup but with vinegar.

11. We will require that people running things, like your government, are at least moderately competent and not related by blood or bribes to those who benefit from their decisions. We know it makes you more cozy when your leaders know as little as you do, but, honestly, it is short sighted: you need doctors who know more about medicine, pilots who know more about flying and leaders who know more about leading.

12. We respectfully request you give up this notion that Politics is Entertainment, and that very complicated things can only be explained to you in less than fifteen seconds. If you wanted to have a democracy, honestly, you'd really need to have taken the time to understand things a bit more before you voted. And may I suggest the startling notion that politicians don't need to look good to do a good job? And it really is acceptable if they are a bit boring, so long as they do their homework. It'sespecially important if evidently you have not done yours. Poor old Al Gore.Poor old John Kerry.And by the way, are you happy now you chose a Governor for California based on his teeth?

11. The cold tasteless stuff you insist on calling beer is not actually beer at all. Henceforth, only proper British Bitter will be referred to as beer, and European brews of known and accepted provenance will be referred to as Lager. South African beer is also acceptable as they are pound for pound the greatest sporting Nation on earth and it can only be due to the beer. They are also part of the British Commonwealth - see what it did for them.

12. Hollywood will be required occasionally to cast English actors as good guys. Hollywood will also be required to cast English actors to play English characters. Watching Andie McDowell attempt Englishdialogue in Four Weddings and a Funeral was an experience akin to having one's ears removed with a cheese grater.

13. You will cease playing American football. There is only one kind of proper football; you call it soccer. Those of you brave enough will, in time, be allowed to play rugby (which has some similarities to American football, but does not involve stopping for a rest every twenty seconds or wearing full kevlar body armour like a bunch of nancies). Don't try Rugby - the South Africans and Kiwis will thrash you, like they regularly thrash us.

14. Further, you will stop playing baseball. It is not reasonable to host an event called the World Series for a game which is not played outside of America. Since only 2.1% of you are aware that there is a world beyond your borders, your error is understandable. You will learncricket, and we will let you face the South Africans first in their country. The six out of ten of you who don't own a passport will need to get one first.

15. You must tell us who killed JFK. It's been driving us mad.

16. An internal revenue agent (i.e. tax collector) from Her Majesty's Government will be with you shortly to ensure the acquisition of all monies due (backdated to 1776). Although this will raise your taxes, remember that the Neoconservatives will no longer be robbing you blind and so your Dollars will stop shrinking.Didn't you know that inflation and government bailouts of huge companies were really paid for by you? We must do something about your educational system. What on earth is going on over there? Are you oblivious to the crushing debt you are leaving your children? You might as well throttle them now.

17.Daily Tea Time begins promptly at 4 pm with proper cups, never
mugs, with high quality biscuits (cookies) and cakes; strawberries in season.

God Save the Queen.
But at least God won't instruct your President
to invade any more wrong countries.

adapted from John Cleese.
Back to top Go down
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

PostSubject: Re: Apparently America will be getting a new president   Apparently America will be getting a new president I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 8:21 am

Maxmordon wrote:
(except Kansas, which she does not fancy)

Well then, i guess i can avoide using the "U" and continue driving on the right hand side of the road right?
Back to top Go down
Apocalypse
Master
Master
Apocalypse

PostSubject: Re: Apparently America will be getting a new president   Apparently America will be getting a new president I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 1:14 am

Maxmordon wrote:

13. You will cease playing American football. There is only one kind of proper football; you call it soccer. Those of you brave enough will, in time, be allowed to play rugby (which has some similarities to American football, but does not involve stopping for a rest every twenty seconds or wearing full kevlar body armour like a bunch of nancies). Don't try Rugby - the South Africans and Kiwis will thrash you, like they regularly thrash us.

American football seems to be catching on.Twisted Evil
http://www.nfluk.com/
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: Apparently America will be getting a new president   Apparently America will be getting a new president I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 12:32 pm

Apocalypse wrote:
Maxmordon wrote:

American football seems to be catching on.Twisted Evil
http://www.nfluk.com/
We are just trying to be friendly, after all you have http://www.usaca.org/
Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Apocalypse
Master
Master
Apocalypse

PostSubject: Re: Apparently America will be getting a new president   Apparently America will be getting a new president I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 10:07 pm

So that's what baseball looks like without the corking and steroid abuse!clown
Back to top Go down
darkwave_71
Master
Master
darkwave_71

PostSubject: Re: Apparently America will be getting a new president   Apparently America will be getting a new president I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 10:47 pm

Maxmordon wrote:
Britain is Repossessing the U.S.A.

As We Know It for everyone else on the Planet, we hereby give notice of the revocation of your independence, effective immediately.
12. Hollywood will be required occasionally to cast English actors as good guys. Hollywood will also be required to cast English actors to play English characters...

Would you settle for a swap?
We keep Elizabeth Hurley (rowwrrr!!) and you can keep Madonna & her inanely weak "accent"??

Homer: .... If I didn't have this gun the King of England could just come in here and start pushing you around.
Do you want that?... well, do ya??
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: Apparently America will be getting a new president   Apparently America will be getting a new president I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 4:00 pm

Apocalypse wrote:
Just wait until you see Rugby!! What a Face
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: Apparently America will be getting a new president   Apparently America will be getting a new president I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 4:01 pm

Apocalypse wrote:
Umm... what is "corking" by the way?
Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Apocalypse
Master
Master
Apocalypse

PostSubject: Re: Apparently America will be getting a new president   Apparently America will be getting a new president I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 7:21 pm

EvilHippyEmperor wrote:
Apocalypse wrote:
Umm... what is "corking" by the way?
Embarassed

It's an outdated way of cheating that a couple people still get caught doing. It's when you hollow out the bat to make it lighter and cap or cork the top of it. As it turns out it doesn't work, when you lose the weight in the bat you lose potential energy too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apparently America will be getting a new president   Apparently America will be getting a new president I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Apparently America will be getting a new president
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GothicRefuge :: Stuff and nonsense :: Politics-
Jump to: