GothicRefuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gothic refuge a place for goths.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Alan Moore

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Maxmordon
Witch
Witch
Maxmordon

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Alan Moore Empty
PostSubject: Alan Moore   Alan Moore I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 6:42 pm

I don't think he needs presentation, but this comic book genius is personally quite unique and even though Watchmen, V for Vendetta and Lost Girls impressed me, I didn't had seen how complex was him until I read the 12 issues of Tomorrow Stories that actually left me wondering that if all that was written by him, since it goes from the very experimental stories of not-so-ambiguously sexual Cobweb where one issue was written as a Little Lulu story and another was a pastiche of XIX century illustrations sharing its pages with The Greyshirt, a The Spirit-type of Superhero where most stories were told by villains in different forms (one story was told in the form of a building, each floor was a diferent decade seen how the villain's killer was abused by him through the years and another one was entirely told through the mirrors of a cab) and not far from here in the same magazine there is The First American and U.S. Angel, a hilarious take that to the archetypical all-american superhero with references to pop culture (the First American, for example have had about 6 or 7 sidekick boys who have died for his own's incompetence or one of the first issues where he and U.S. Angel fight against Jerry Springler) and who could forget Johnny B. Quick, a boy genius whose misunderstanding of aphorisms makes him make floating cats by glueing the to butter toasts or trying to stop the light so this could follow traffic regulations? Personally, it's impressive how all this came from the same mind.

Mr. Moore, I salute you!
Back to top Go down

Alan Moore
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GothicRefuge :: Movies, media and music :: Media-
Jump to: