GothicRefuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gothic refuge a place for goths.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Random Thoughts

Go down 
+19
KittyKat
Velvet Spider
endless dark
helen damnation
blackorchid
Taraiha
PorcelainPirate
Maxmordon
Siddicus Rex
semyaza
gloomth
Morella
EvilHippyEmperor
MoonRaven
Nika
Ginger_Snaps
Kasmira
eyvind
Akasha'sMistake
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Taraiha
Witch
Witch
Taraiha

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Random Thoughts - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 9:57 pm

I'm here. Still wreaking havoc and all that. Wonder if maybe GWE's not been well or something? She did have major surgery didn't she?
Back to top Go down
http://rhomany.org.uk
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 10:53 am

Yeah. She's doing well from what I hear.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorteapots.com
endless dark
Master
Master
endless dark

Number of posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 3:09 pm

*Knock knock knock!* Hello!?... Anyone home?! *Knock knock knock*
Back to top Go down
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 2:49 pm

I do actually check back in from time to time. Not that there's usually anything to see.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 12:58 pm

I haven't checked in for ages.

I guess I just feel like I haven't had anything to say for ages. The GWE's operations have been successful(ish). The first in 2009 successfully repaired her heart, but caused a problem with her diaphragm that meant she spent the next year unable to catch her breath properly.
The operation in September 2010 improved that situation no end, but was a very painful operation and recovery for her.
She now has a fit heart in an unfit body, and still doesn't have a huge amount of exercise.

It rather feels like our life has completely ground to a halt over the last couple of years, and I don't now how to restart it.

It is all very well claiming that 'goth' is something inside you: an attitude, a way of looking at things, but if you don't bloody go anywhere there isn't a lot to look at, and you start wondering if you can really count yourself as a goth any more.

Sorry to be so miserable.
Back to top Go down
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 11:31 am

It's been my experience that shared misery is more tolerable, so no need to be sorry.

FWIW, I can identify with the idea of life being turned topsy-turvy rather suddenly. Both by the quick decline and death of my father, and the sudden loss of the only place I ever felt comfortable calling "home." I don't want to throw my own pity party, too, but I got through and got over both, though I still mourn the loss of my father, and to a greater extent, my old home.

And, FWIW, I don't particularly go anywhere or see anything myself. I'm to poor for the theater except a scant few times a year, let alone any conventions or concerts, which from my locale would require traveling literally hundreds of miles. I suppose the difference there, though, is that I'm accustomed to the isolation, whereas it's new to you. I know how unsettling it can be to have something that you've always considered a part of your identity suddenly not be an option anymore.

I don't know if I'll see you again here, but I'm glad of the opportunity to be in touch otherwise, and will be around to listen, albeit I don't know exactly how often I'll check in, but as you can see, I'm still around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8