GothicRefuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gothic refuge a place for goths.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

If Ms. Tina Turner could, so could I

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Arkhum
Master
Master
Arkhum

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-07-24

If Ms. Tina Turner could, so could I Empty
PostSubject: If Ms. Tina Turner could, so could I   If Ms. Tina Turner could, so could I I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 3:29 am

Survive Ike that is. After a week of no electricity, running back and forth to different stores (when they were open), standing in lines for hours just to walk out with two cans of soup, some crackers, and beer (might as well be lit through the whole thing, keep you from getting frustrated). Then waiting for up to 3 hours in line for gas. Of course after days of waiting in other lines only to be told "no more gas". Ppl being absolutely horrible, very few having any descency. Ah, and let me not forget the running back and forth to places you hear on the radio that have ice only to get there, stand in line, and just when it gets up to you they've run out. Worrying about your neighbors because you don't live in the best of neighborhoods as it is. Through it all I was sitting on the couch today just praying (as I have been over the last few days) for electricity and poof, there it was. FINALLY. Salvation. It has been rough, it has been scary at times. A bit wierd seeing as we had winds that uprooted long-standing trees and flew them across the parking lot and one into our pool yet there is no roof damage, window damage, nor car damage to anyone. It is a head-scratcher but I am thankful for those miracles. There are still ppl without homes, electricity, running out of ice for their food, and the list goes on but it is over with but never will it be forgotten. At times the sound of it happening made me pray for my life and the lives of those I hold dear. It was that scary. Please do not assume I did not pray for everyone just in those moments I was holding onto my children and thinking of them. I did not sleep that entire day and night. My mother no longer has a home to go back to. She has her RV but her home where she keeps it and everything that she had to leave behind is gone. Although the devastation is that much like what Rita and Katrina left I am thankful because we are still alive. My heart and prayers go out to everyone else who is still displaced and/or has lost someone. It is good to be back online.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: If Ms. Tina Turner could, so could I   If Ms. Tina Turner could, so could I I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 12:06 pm

Arkhum, my dear, I am so glad that you and your children are safe and well. From the sounds of it you have been quite fortunate (though I am sure it has not felt like that over the last few days) in avoiding the worst, lasting effects of Ike.

My heart goes out to your mother, and all those who have lost so much.

EHE
Back to top Go down
Arkhum
Master
Master
Arkhum

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: If Ms. Tina Turner could, so could I   If Ms. Tina Turner could, so could I I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 1:04 am

Thank you my dear friend. I must admit I feel just a bit wrong for having electricity when so many have none but am thoroughly greatful I do. We're going out tomorrow to offer up volunteer services to a P.O.D. (Places of Distribution). Now that we have most of what we have waited for it is our turn to help if we can. Still taking cold ass showers...lol...but we have electricity, food, and gas now. Anyone else from Texas get any of Ike?
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: If Ms. Tina Turner could, so could I   If Ms. Tina Turner could, so could I I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 1:07 pm

Arkhum wrote:
Thank you my dear friend. I must admit I feel just a bit wrong for having electricity when so many have none but am thoroughly greatful I do.
You should not feel guilty at such a small fortune, when you have already been hit by such a greater misfortune.
Arkhum wrote:

We're going out tomorrow to offer up volunteer services to a P.O.D. (Places of Distribution). Now that we have most of what we have waited for it is our turn to help if we can.
That sort of community spirit makes me proud to claim you as a member of this forum, and I would hope, a friend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If Ms. Tina Turner could, so could I   If Ms. Tina Turner could, so could I I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If Ms. Tina Turner could, so could I
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GothicRefuge :: Events :: US events-
Jump to: