GothicRefuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gothic refuge a place for goths.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Last movie you watched?

Go down 
+24
Dog Soldier
nsanelilmunky
Gomez
Oblivia
blackorchid
Velvet Spider
shortpsycho
Apocalypse
Taraiha
darkwave_71
helen damnation
KittyKat
angeluk3
Symmentha
eyvind
PorcelainPirate
EvilHippyEmperor
Akasha'sMistake
Maxmordon
Nika
Kasmira
Morella
Ginger_Snaps
MoonRaven
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Maxmordon
Witch
Witch
Maxmordon

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Last movie you watched? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched?   Last movie you watched? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 5:36 am

Batman: Gotham Knight; quite a great anthology that I deeply recommend to any animation or Batman fan.
Back to top Go down
Oblivia
Master
Master
Oblivia

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched?   Last movie you watched? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 3:42 pm

Hogfather. Absolutely loved it! Now I really want to get The Colour of Magic as well.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched?   Last movie you watched? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 8:05 pm

Hellboy II. The role Ron Perlman was born to play!
Back to top Go down
Velvet Spider
Master
Master
Velvet Spider

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched?   Last movie you watched? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 6:44 am

Saw Twilight and felt as though I should have waited for the DVD.

Great snowy day 'popcorn-vamp' matinee though...
Spider
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/velvet_spider/Arsenic-and-Black-Lace
Velvet Spider
Master
Master
Velvet Spider

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched?   Last movie you watched? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 6:57 pm

Saw "Underworld: Rise of the Lycans" on Saturday and actually enjoyed it.
Yes, I did miss Beckinsale yet felt Mitra did a fine job.
I think as a prequel it was well done...!
Spider
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched?   Last movie you watched? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 2:21 pm

Saw "The Orphanage" at the weekend. A very good film but Guillermo del Toro really ought to stop doing films where the happy ending is that the heroine dies!
Very Happy

On the subject of vampires and werewolves: Did anyone else see the first episode of "Being Human" on Sunday on BBC3?
I thought it odd that the BBC didn't repeat the pilot even though the series continues on from it.
Back to top Go down
Velvet Spider
Master
Master
Velvet Spider

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched?   Last movie you watched? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 7:45 pm

[quote="EvilHippyEmperor"]Saw "The Orphanage" at the weekend. A very good film but Guillermo del Toro really ought to stop doing films where the happy ending is that the heroine dies!
Very Happy

A fellow employee just told me how great this film is -- I now have it on order and hope to see it SOON...!

Spider
Back to top Go down
Velvet Spider
Master
Master
Velvet Spider

PostSubject: "The Unvited"...   Last movie you watched? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 7:02 pm

Saw the newly released "The Uninvited" yesterday (starring Emily Browning) and actually thought it more interesting than "Underworld 3."

I highly recommend this chilling popcorn-munching thriller...!
affraid
Back to top Go down
Apocalypse
Master
Master
Apocalypse

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched?   Last movie you watched? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 4:17 am

Went to see "Coraline"today with Bella. It was fairly good, but after seeing it in 3-D I didn't find anything to be 3-D necessary. So if you have a choice, you're not missing anything spectacular if you see it in plain 2-D.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/apocalypsenotquiteyet
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched?   Last movie you watched? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 2:12 pm

Having been misled by the style of the DVD cover we saw "The Asylum" on Friday night. Very "Final Destination"/"Scream"/"I know what you did to the Easter Bunny"/...

I am amazed our younger American members are so cheerful, when it is becoming obvious to me that only about one in seven American teenagers will make it to adulthood!
Back to top Go down
Taraiha
Witch
Witch
Taraiha

Number of posts : 332

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched?   Last movie you watched? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 12:04 pm

I watched 'Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind' at the weekend. Twice, because I didn't get it the first time. Now I do I think it's pretty good. Jim Carey wasn't very Jim Carey-ish at all. Can't stand him normally but as a serious actor he's actually quite good.
Back to top Go down
http://rhomany.org.uk
Nika
Master
Master
Nika

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched?   Last movie you watched? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 6:46 am

I saw Coraline and loved every minute of it! I must own the DVD as soon as it is available! Highly recommended! Coraline reminds me of myself as a kid!
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
Witch
Witch
Maxmordon

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched?   Last movie you watched? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 4:18 am

Doubt. Amazingly executed film that leaves you wondering about it for days and days... quite a haunting film.
Back to top Go down
Nika
Master
Master
Nika

Number of posts : 103

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched?   Last movie you watched? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 8:28 am

Ooooh! Just got to watch Repo: The Genetic Opera! Heart Love! There was gore, singing, awesome cast (minus Paris Hilton), great music, twisted plots, and just loads of pure awesome! What else could I want!

I want the enitre collection of clothing from that film! Excited
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
Witch
Witch
Maxmordon

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched?   Last movie you watched? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 10:21 am

I have some of the songs, if you're interested.
Back to top Go down
Taraiha
Witch
Witch
Taraiha

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched?   Last movie you watched? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 3:12 am

Saw the Watchmen. I like your average alternate-history-comic-superhero story as much as the next person but man.... what aload of drivel. All that back story and I still didn't give a damn about any of the characters.
If it hadn't been for Rorschach (James Earl Hayley was awesome) I really think I might have walked out of a cinema for the first time in my entire life. And I've sat through some turkeys in my time I can tell you...
Back to top Go down
Oblivia
Master
Master
Oblivia

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched?   Last movie you watched? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 9:56 pm

Underworld 3. I really enjoyed it. Good storyline and totty for both sexes!
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched?   Last movie you watched? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 2:15 pm

Taraiha wrote:
Saw the Watchmen. I like your average alternate-history-comic-superhero story as much as the next person but man.... what aload of drivel. All that back story and I still didn't give a damn about any of the characters.
If it hadn't been for Rorschach (James Earl Hayley was awesome) I really think I might have walked out of a cinema for the first time in my entire life. And I've sat through some turkeys in my time I can tell you...
I'll have to disagree with you there. I think the film did a very good job of compressing the graphic novel into a little under three hours, and I think the flaws and failures of the characters is essential to the tale: But then, I am a fan of the graphic novel.

You were right about James Earl Hayley, though. He was spot on as Rorschach!
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
Witch
Witch
Maxmordon

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched?   Last movie you watched? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 6:37 am

EvilHippyEmperor wrote:
Taraiha wrote:
I'll have to disagree with you there. I think the film did a very good job of compressing the graphic novel into a little under three hours, and I think the flaws and failures of the characters is essential to the tale: But then, I am a fan of the graphic novel.

You were right about James Earl Hayley, though. He was spot on as Rorschach!

I liked it, but I felt that the movie was rooting for Rorschach. Leaving some of the beloved moral ambiguity out of the question.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched?   Last movie you watched? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 12:02 pm

Rorschach is the character who really drives the plot forward, and in this respect is more important in the limited time available in a film. Nonetheless they could have shown a bit more of his bigotry, as it is very much the darker side of his uncompromising nature.
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
Witch
Witch
Maxmordon

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched?   Last movie you watched? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 6:51 pm

EvilHippyEmperor wrote:
Rorschach is the character who really drives the plot forward, and in this respect is more important in the limited time available in a film. Nonetheless they could have shown a bit more of his bigotry, as it is very much the darker side of his uncompromising nature.

Exactly, I always loved the "decent men like my father and president Truman" like. Also, they could have tried to show Ozy less of a prick and more of the caring yet extremist human being seen on the comic. But again, time issues.
Back to top Go down
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

Number of posts : 439

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched?   Last movie you watched? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 10:49 am

Finally saw Clash of the Titans. Yeah, I'm a little behind.
They managed to do a really good job of capturing a Greek mythological feel.
Which is amazing considering they got the details of just about every myth they mentioned wrong.

The casting was really interesting, too.
Cassiopeia's hair was the main thing the myths recalled about her.
Last movie you watched? - Page 5 0112
I'm... really really underwhelmed by that interpretation of Cassiopeia's hair.

And Aphrodite wasn't the most beautiful character. Okay, so maybe that's just opinion, but I personally think Judi Bowker (their Andromeda)
Last movie you watched? - Page 5 0111
was much hotter than Ursula Andress (their Goddess-of-Love-and-Beauty).
Last movie you watched? - Page 5 0109

A fun flick nonetheless. The steampunk owl Hephaestus made as a stand-in for Bubo was the best part of the film.

...and apparently Medusa's a titan now...
...and the Kraken is Greek...and bipedal...
...and... well... I'll just leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorteapots.com
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched?   Last movie you watched? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 11:50 am

You don't watch "Clash of the Titans" or "Jason and the Argonauts" for their adherence to the original myths. You watch them for Ray Harryhousen's wonderful stop-motion monsters!
OK the Kraken is now a giant four armed fish-monkey, but isn't that the definitive Medusa?
cyclops
Back to top Go down
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

Number of posts : 439

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched?   Last movie you watched? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 1:38 pm

Medusa was awesome, as was Pegasus. (What Pegasus was doing underneath Perseus I'm not sure, but as you said...)
The monsters, en masse, were phenomenal and a close second for the best thing in the film after Mechabubo.

Jason and the Argonauts is likewise on the must-see list.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorteapots.com
Taraiha
Witch
Witch
Taraiha

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched?   Last movie you watched? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 9:01 pm

Wolverine. Last movie you watched? - Page 5 Wolverine
It was awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched?   Last movie you watched? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last movie you watched?
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next