GothicRefuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gothic refuge a place for goths.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Hair Help! (Keeping curly hair straight!)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lolita Rose
Master
Master
Lolita Rose

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Hair Help! (Keeping curly hair straight!) Empty
PostSubject: Hair Help! (Keeping curly hair straight!)   Hair Help! (Keeping curly hair straight!) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 3:16 am

A few people here might remember my topic from the GB boards when I decided to chop a good bit of my hair off. Well the style worked out perfectly at first. What I didn't realize over the summer was, as soon as I stepped outside, out of the air conditioning, my hair was going to curl right back up. Its very very humid and foggy when I walk to the bus stop in the mornings. There's really no avoiding that. Nothing I do keeps it straight throughout the day. I have hair-smoothing shampoo, conditioner, anti-frizz stuff, anti-humidity hairspray...I tried it all at once, and it worked for about an hour.

So, does anyone know of anything that will keep flat-ironed curly hair straight? I'm willing to try just about anything at this point. I could get it chemically straightened, but that only works for a few days, its not worth all the damage it will do if I go every week to get it straightened that way....

Its probably a losing battle...Any tips or ideas would be very much appreciated!!!
Back to top Go down
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch
Akasha'sMistake

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Hair Help! (Keeping curly hair straight!)   Hair Help! (Keeping curly hair straight!) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 3:21 am

Dye it. Dye it A LOT. Naturally, left alone... I look nothing like I do with all my chemicals.. my hair is naturally like this:

http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/merchandiser/20648.jpg

Yeah. Seriously. Same colour and texture and everything. See why I dye it? Suspect After a while, the dyed hair doesn't hold curl as well... my hair now looks more like this, if I don't fuss with a straightener:

http://z.about.com/d/beauty/1/5/9/E/Oval3.JPG

(If you already dye and that isn't helping either, though... sorry chickadee, I have no good advice for dispense!)
Back to top Go down
Lolita Rose
Master
Master
Lolita Rose

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Hair Help! (Keeping curly hair straight!)   Hair Help! (Keeping curly hair straight!) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 3:49 am

Yeah, my hair is naturally just a little less curly than the first photo. Its a bit Shirley Temple looking right now.

That's a good idea. Now that I think of it, I haven't dyed my hair in a year. I usually dye it once a year. Thanks for the idea!
Back to top Go down
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch
Akasha'sMistake

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Hair Help! (Keeping curly hair straight!)   Hair Help! (Keeping curly hair straight!) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 8:09 am

No problem hun! And... better yet... this opens even more doors... Ohh I love the magic of cosmetics. Heart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hair Help! (Keeping curly hair straight!)   Hair Help! (Keeping curly hair straight!) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hair Help! (Keeping curly hair straight!)
Page 1 of 1