Gothic refuge a place for goths.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Share | 

'GIRLY' MOOD

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Arkhum
Master
Master

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: 'GIRLY' MOOD   Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:05 am

I didn't know where else to put this and although it may be inappropriate I bring it to light right now because I am sooooooo feeling 'girly'. Are there any others here that crave the same sex? Forgive me but I am woman enough to admit (as I will) I have seen quite a few of you and might I say......YUM. Pirate....for one.......GWE...for the pic EHE sent in during our GB days.....and others. If not now then when? When do we allow ourselves to be free enough to say, "YES, I am attracted to you" regardless of gender. I am attracted to women and am damn proud of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: 'GIRLY' MOOD   Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:11 am

Well, first off... I applaud you Arkhum, for being so honest.

Personally, I am as straight and boy-nutty as they come. I can, however, appreciate and admire a beautiful figure/looks/etc on another woman... but I can't say I've ever felt any sort of sexual pull towards those of my same sex.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PorcelainPirate
Witch
Witch

Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: 'GIRLY' MOOD   Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:31 am

Hehe, myself, I always thought I was a lesbian until about 3 years back, and it was more a "wtf? Why am I attracyed to this man?" sort of situation for me Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 764

PostSubject: Re: 'GIRLY' MOOD   Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:39 pm

I am a happily married man. I tend to think that is all people need to know.
(Not only should that answer most people's questions, it would also preclude me from saying anything in public that the GWE might find disrespectful)

Personally I think it is a lot easier for women to admit this sort of attraction than it is for men. It seems to be regarded as more acceptable for women. I suspect that is due largely to the more open way in which women communicate: Women are expected to be tactile and nurturing, whereas in men it is perceived as weakness and 'unmanly'.
For all that women want the same 'freedoms' as men, they forget that in some ways we are more tightly bound by convention than you are!

(Of course it probably helps that 99% of men find something awfully appealing in the thought of two women together! Embarassed )

Oh, and I don't think it is inappropriate for you to post this: I would not encourage graphic or offensive posts, but I see no reason not to discuss this sort of thing.

helen damnation
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 168

PostSubject: Re: 'GIRLY' MOOD   Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:55 pm

Akasha'sMistake wrote:
Well, first off... I applaud you Arkhum, for being so honest.

Personally, I am as straight and boy-nutty as they come. I can, however, appreciate and admire a beautiful figure/looks/etc on another woman... but I can't say I've ever felt any sort of sexual pull towards those of my same sex.

That pretty much sums it up for me too. I adore "my" type of man but I have always said when I find another woman beautiful or attractive, I think you can be physically attracted to another girl without actually wanting to take it further. This probably makes no sense at all!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KittyKat
Master
Master

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: 'GIRLY' MOOD   Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:03 am

I love that Rab and I can appreciate female beauty together. We'll often note to each other about an attractive girl while people watching when we're out. I admit to finding some women attractive, female beauty is something to admire. Would I act on some of my feelings? Maybe in some random situation but not while I'm in my beloved relationship.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod

PostSubject: Re: 'GIRLY' MOOD   Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:03 pm

KittyKat wrote:
Would I act on some of my feelings? Maybe in some random situation but not while I'm in my beloved relationship.
That is the crux of the matter to me. It does not really matter to me how beautiful or desirable other people are: I made my vows to the GWE.
Certainly I appreciate beauty (and believe me, there is plenty of it around these boards) but I have made my choice of partner, and whilst I may enjoy looking, and pass compliments where they are due, I am happy to belong to the GWE.

Arkhum
Master
Master

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: 'GIRLY' MOOD   Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:56 pm

I look around all the time and you know......many women are just truly beautiful to look at. I don't have to act on my feelings but sometimes I find myself entranced by their absolute beauty and I'm not talking about just that 'model' beauty. I went through Wendys drive-thru one day and at the window was a very large woman but OMG, she had the most gorgeous facial features and I couldn't stop starring. I finally thought it would be more appropriate to just come out and tell her that I thought she was absolutely beautiful she replied, "why thank you". (I was worried that she'd think I was starring for not so nice reasons as some ppl can tend to do). I hope my assessment of how beautiful the GR ladies are, to me, has not worried anyone or made anyone think, 'OMG watch out for Arkhum. At the moment of writting the thread I had just looked at pics of Pirate nad remembering wedding pics of the GWE and EHE that's why they were mentioned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch

PostSubject: Re: 'GIRLY' MOOD   Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:48 am

^Not at all Arkhum! I love you

EHE has a very valid point... it DOES appear to be more socially accepted for women to be sexually adventurous versus men. It's an unfortunate double standard built on perceptions of what is "accepted" for either gender. And I think society is beginning to catch on to this -- there is more androgyny in the mass media than ever before!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kasmira
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: 'GIRLY' MOOD   Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:42 am

I overheard my daughter and a friend the other day that this thread reminded me of.

The friend-
There where girls holding hands and kissing at the park today.

The Spawn-
So..

TF- its yucky, girls are suposed to kiss boys

TS -
Well maybe the boys had dragon breath, my brother does

TF - no my mom said they where homersexuals(thats how she said it), it's club i think

TS - well i'm only gonna kiss on the cheek, that way i dont get anyones germs i dont care if is a boy or a girl. Hand me that barbi with no legs, i'm gonna execute her next.

my kid freakin ROCKS

What's bald, and smelly, snogs kangaroos, wears shoes that don't fit and a bra that's too tight, (and knickers that need a good wash), smokes, drinks, and fights too much for her own good, and at this very moment in time has a mega hangover?................... ......You guessed it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ginger_Snaps
Master
Master

Number of posts : 184

PostSubject: Re: 'GIRLY' MOOD   Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:43 am

I much prefer the female form. I am far less repulsed by the female sex than the men (that is to say that I can more easily imagine myself getting intimate with a woman over a man).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod

PostSubject: Re: 'GIRLY' MOOD   Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:39 am

Oh it has to be said that the female form is far more aesthetically pleasing than the male form. All those graceful curves and smooth lines.
And their genitals don't look like they have been added on afterwards by a drunken retard with no thumbs.

EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod

PostSubject: Re: 'GIRLY' MOOD   Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:50 am

Arkhum wrote:
I look around all the time and you know......many women are just truly beautiful to look at. I don't have to act on my feelings but sometimes I find myself entranced by their absolute beauty and I'm not talking about just that 'model' beauty. I went through Wendys drive-thru one day and at the window was a very large woman but OMG, she had the most gorgeous facial features and I couldn't stop starring. I finally thought it would be more appropriate to just come out and tell her that I thought she was absolutely beautiful she replied, "why thank you". (I was worried that she'd think I was starring for not so nice reasons as some ppl can tend to do). I hope my assessment of how beautiful the GR ladies are, to me, has not worried anyone or made anyone think, 'OMG watch out for Arkhum. At the moment of writting the thread I had just looked at pics of Pirate nad remembering wedding pics of the GWE and EHE that's why they were mentioned.
"Model" beauty is vastly over-rated in my opinion. I know I have said it before, but it bears repeating "Perfect is not flawless, nor is flawless perfect"
Models all tend to aim at bland and soulless flawlessness, and frankly this becomes very dull. True beauty lays in the imperfections (something those who have cosmetic surgery would do well to remember)

I seriously doubt you have worried anyone here. I'd like to think most of our ladies would take the compliments in the spirit they were offered.

Just out of interest, why am I the only bloke who has posted on this thread?

KittyKat
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: 'GIRLY' MOOD   Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:28 pm

Because it said Girly Mood and maybe the menfolk thought we were talking about dolls and ruffles? They have no idea they're missing a conversation of girl on girl action!

EHE, I'll never get the image of a penis being attached by a drunken retard with no thumbs out of my head... cyclops
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kasmira
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: 'GIRLY' MOOD   Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:06 pm

EvilHippyEmperor wrote:

And their genitals don't look like they have been added on afterwards by a drunken retard with no thumbs.

Well all in all girls are pretty and soft. But i have never felt the need to just you know.... walk up and lick a girl. Wile i have had the urge to walk up and lick a guy i found more then attractive. Acting on this urge back in my single days, i was never lacking in a dance partner back then lol. So wile i find women pretty enough. There has never really been a sexual drive towards women. I just cant see myself you know.......... doing what us women enjoy having done. (lame but I'm trying to keep it clean... it takes effort for me...). And EHE i happen to find boy parts very appealing when in the right.... state shall we say. Really mens genitals are very proud of them selves and seem to say "Hey you, come over here and pet me..." Girl parts just don't say that to me.

As for being in a committed monogamous relationship and still finding others attractive. My mom always said just because you married doesn't mean you cant "window shop". I'm lucky that I married a guy that knows what a flirt i am. He understands that with my friends i tend to flirt shamefully be it a girl or guy. And all my friends know that its just how i am. It's also why i don't drink much anymore. It's one thing to flirt with friends who know and understand you. It's another to flirt with someone who may not know you aren't gonna put out and end up in a bad situation.

What's bald, and smelly, snogs kangaroos, wears shoes that don't fit and a bra that's too tight, (and knickers that need a good wash), smokes, drinks, and fights too much for her own good, and at this very moment in time has a mega hangover?................... ......You guessed it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morella
Master
Master

Number of posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: 'GIRLY' MOOD   Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:57 pm

I used to be a big lesbo until I hit the club scene and found that the men were prettier than 3/4 of the women I was around every day.

Women: more aesthetically pleasing than men, half the time make better lovers, but are 100X more tedious than men to be around constantly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PorcelainPirate
Witch
Witch

PostSubject: Re: 'GIRLY' MOOD   Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:14 pm

Morella wrote:
I used to be a big lesbo until I hit the club scene and found that the men were prettier than 3/4 of the women I was around every day.

Women: more aesthetically pleasing than men, half the time make better lovers, but are 100X more tedious than men to be around constantly.

Agreed wholeheartedly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gomez
Witch
Witch

Number of posts : 439

PostSubject: Re: 'GIRLY' MOOD   Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:09 am

EvilHippyEmperor wrote:

lol!
You very nearly made me wake up my family.

Sorry, I'm a johnny-come-lately a lot lately. I usually only have time to read one or two threads at a time. I called off sick the past three nights (sniff) so I've been around more (cough). One of the advantages to talking online is you can't spread germs.

I fail at homosexuality. I don't get what's sexy about a guy. At all. The closest I can come is admiring someone's style. Like David Bowie or Johnny Depp. I'm told Johnny is sexy. Seriously, I can't tell.
It's not homophobia, either. I've tried hard at figuring it out. I've been out people watching with female friends, and the way they select who's hot and who's not strikes me as totally random. Every once in a while I'd think I saw a pattern and say, "What about that guy?" "EWWW!" "Okay, apparently not."

Then again, my taste in girls tends to have a lot more to do with attitude than anything else, really. I love Christina Ricci for the roles she's done, and her general mood. Sure, she's hot, but she'd be just another pretty face without a personality behind it. Same with Pauly Perette. She'd be just another blank canvas if it weren't for Abby Sciutto. Then again, Pauly may be more like Abby than I think. I've never checked into that because I don't care.

There are exceptions, of course. Some girls just look awesome and that's that. (Porcelain Pirate, can I be your stalker?)

But in the long run, I married my wife not because she was the prettiest face out there, but because she was the only single girl I could discuss metaphysics, literature, and history with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.collectorteapots.com
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod

PostSubject: Re: 'GIRLY' MOOD   Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:14 am

Gomez wrote:
EvilHippyEmperor wrote:

lol!
You very nearly made me wake up my family.
Just to clarify: That wasn't a statement on creationism, just aesthetics!
Laughing Laughing
Gomez wrote:

Sorry, I'm a johnny-come-lately a lot lately. I usually only have time to read one or two threads at a time. I called off sick the past three nights (sniff) so I've been around more (cough). One of the advantages to talking online is you can't spread germs.

I fail at homosexuality. I don't get what's sexy about a guy. At all. The closest I can come is admiring someone's style. Like David Bowie or Johnny Depp. I'm told Johnny is sexy. Seriously, I can't tell.
It's not homophobia, either. I've tried hard at figuring it out. I've been out people watching with female friends, and the way they select who's hot and who's not strikes me as totally random. Every once in a while I'd think I saw a pattern and say, "What about that guy?" "EWWW!" "Okay, apparently not."
I'm not sure that one can 'figure out' someone else's sexual tastes. Something either appeals to you or it doesn't. The main thing is to live and let live.
Gomez wrote:

Then again, my taste in girls tends to have a lot more to do with attitude than anything else, really. I love Christina Ricci for the roles she's done, and her general mood. Sure, she's hot, but she'd be just another pretty face without a personality behind it. Same with Pauly Perette. She'd be just another blank canvas if it weren't for Abby Sciutto. Then again, Pauly may be more like Abby than I think. I've never checked into that because I don't care.
I don't know who Abby or Pauly are, but I agree with your general sentiment. I like pretty girls as much as the next man, but it is personality that really grabs you.
Gomez wrote:

There are exceptions, of course. Some girls just look awesome and that's that. (Porcelain Pirate, can I be your stalker?)
Excuse me, there IS a queue, you know...
Gomez wrote:

But in the long run, I married my wife not because she was the prettiest face out there, but because she was the only single girl I could discuss metaphysics, literature, and history with.
I married the GWE because our imperfections fit so well together.

Gomez
Witch
Witch

Number of posts : 439

PostSubject: Re: 'GIRLY' MOOD   Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:22 pm

EvilHippyEmperor wrote:

Gomez wrote:
Excuse me, there IS a queue, you know...

Oh, I'm aware. Just trying to get in it is all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.collectorteapots.com
PorcelainPirate
Witch
Witch

PostSubject: Re: 'GIRLY' MOOD   Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:37 pm

I LIKE this thread! Laughing

My ego needed a bit of feeding, teehee.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
helen damnation
Mod
Mod

PostSubject: Re: 'GIRLY' MOOD   Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:09 pm

I married Mr Damnation because he has a pretty face, wonderfully quick and acid wit and his arse looks great in tight combats!

I used to quite fancy Angelina Jolie and then she became a brood mare and I really couldn't cope!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KittyKat
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: 'GIRLY' MOOD   Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:14 pm

Helen, if I were a few years older I'd say we were separated at birth! Perhaps we were twins in a past life? LOL
Amen to guys with lovely...tight jeans.

Yesterday at the concert I pointed out this gorgeous crusty punk girl and was informed I shouldn't have done that because "no offense, but she'll be in my head for awhile." and when I replied that was fine as long as I get to play too he looked like he almost swallowed his tongue. He loves that we can play this game together. Oddly, later that day he wanted to step on some guys face for giving me a once over in the same way...

You creatures are so odd.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
helen damnation
Mod
Mod

PostSubject: Re: 'GIRLY' MOOD   Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:30 pm

Very Happy

With you there my little American alter ego!

I quite enjoyed the night out seeing COF when I was chatted up by a quite gorgeous lady who told me that I had a body to die for! Obviously she had left her glasses at home that night! When I related the tale back to himself he became quite overexcited and had to be restrained by a rolled up newspaper, it was the only thing I could use as he broke my whip by unclogging the vacuum cleaner . I now have to go back to the equestrian centre and be quizzed on exactly what type of riding I indulge in Embarassed

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod

PostSubject: Re: 'GIRLY' MOOD   Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:32 am

helen damnation wrote:
it was the only thing I could use as he broke my whip by unclogging the vacuum cleaner
Twisted Evil ROCK AND ROLL!!! Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'GIRLY' MOOD   

Back to top Go down

'GIRLY' MOOD
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next