GothicRefuge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gothic refuge a place for goths.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of GothicRefuge on your social bookmarking website

WALL-E____

Go down 
+6
GWE
helen damnation
EvilHippyEmperor
Kasmira
Akasha'sMistake
Taraiha
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Taraiha
Witch
Witch
Taraiha

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2008-07-22

WALL-E____ Empty
PostSubject: WALL-E____   WALL-E____ I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 2:35 am

I went to see this on Sunday and it's such a sweet film. Definitely one for the kids, especially if you're trying to instill the concept of eco-sense into them or they're into it. The robots are really nicely done and the humans are hillarious. If you like Pixar films in general I'd definitely say go see it.

Sorry for the extra bits in the title. The forum doesn't like titles less than 10 chars long apparently. By contrast it thinks 255 is perfectly sensible though. Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://rhomany.org.uk
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch
Akasha'sMistake

Number of posts : 265

WALL-E____ Empty
PostSubject: Re: WALL-E____   WALL-E____ I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 2:41 am

255 characters? W...T...F?

Laughing

I haven't seen it, because it's not in the vein of my usual movie..ing? But I do like some Pixar things...so thanks for the little review!
Back to top Go down
Kasmira
Mod
Mod
Kasmira

Number of posts : 324

WALL-E____ Empty
PostSubject: Re: WALL-E____   WALL-E____ I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 2:51 am

Mr.Rip took The Spawn to see it on her birthday. The loved it and we are now required to get it on DVD so that The Hatchling and I can see it too.

I cant watch every kid movie that comes on so Mr.Rip and i triad off he takes them to one and then i take them. That way our brains don't melt out.
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Number of posts : 764

WALL-E____ Empty
PostSubject: Re: WALL-E____   WALL-E____ I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 2:53 am

It has had some very good write ups.

I want to see it, and that is quite rare for Disney films.
Back to top Go down
Taraiha
Witch
Witch
Taraiha

WALL-E____ Empty
PostSubject: Re: WALL-E____   WALL-E____ I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 2:56 am

Well, it's Disney-Pixar, so it's very much along the same humour lines as Monsters Inc.
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
Mod
Mod
helen damnation

Number of posts : 168

WALL-E____ Empty
PostSubject: Re: WALL-E____   WALL-E____ I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 11:49 pm

Kasmira wrote:
Mr.Rip took The Spawn to see it on her birthday. The loved it and we are now required to get it on DVD so that The Hatchling and I can see it too.

I cant watch every kid movie that comes on so Mr.Rip and i triad off he takes them to one and then i take them. That way our brains don't melt out.

I have just spat my coffee over the monitor! Laughing

Our spawn want to watch it! I dont think I could cope after watching AI. One for Mr Damnation methinks!
Back to top Go down
GWE
Master
Master
GWE

Number of posts : 74

WALL-E____ Empty
PostSubject: Re: WALL-E____   WALL-E____ I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 11:53 pm

Taraiha wrote:

Sorry for the extra bits in the title. The forum doesn't like titles less than 10 chars long apparently. By contrast it thinks 255 is perfectly sensible though. Shocked

Sorry about that, it was a default that has now been changed. Embarassed

love
GWE
XXXX
I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.GothicBrides.co.uk
Taraiha
Witch
Witch
Taraiha

WALL-E____ Empty
PostSubject: Re: WALL-E____   WALL-E____ I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 12:08 am

You're forgiven.

And for the record, Wall-E is nothing like AI. AI was pants. Wall-E is adorable.
Back to top Go down
Akasha'sMistake
Witch
Witch
Akasha'sMistake

Number of posts : 265

WALL-E____ Empty
PostSubject: Re: WALL-E____   WALL-E____ I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 9:04 am

Taraiha wrote:
You're forgiven.

And for the record, Wall-E is nothing like AI. AI was pants. Wall-E is adorable.

Was "pants"..?

That's a new one to me... Laughing
Back to top Go down
EvilHippyEmperor
Mod
Mod
EvilHippyEmperor

Number of posts : 764

WALL-E____ Empty
PostSubject: Re: WALL-E____   WALL-E____ I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 2:13 pm

"pants" is a common term used in Britain as an alternative to "lame" or "crap".

In Britain "pants" means "underpants", and it's use in this derogatory fashion suggests the item under discussion has all the merit of a grubby pair of Y-fronts in unfashionable colurs, made of outdated synthetic fabric.

What a beautifully expressive language English can be!
Back to top Go down
Nika
Master
Master
Nika

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-07-23

WALL-E____ Empty
PostSubject: Re: WALL-E____   WALL-E____ I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 6:54 pm

I want to see this movie so bad! It does look adorable!

And I like this word 'pants' to describe things... it makes me giggle a bit. but I like!
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
Witch
Witch
Maxmordon

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2008-07-28

WALL-E____ Empty
PostSubject: Re: WALL-E____   WALL-E____ I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 6:19 pm

Saw it two weeks ago (they waited until August to premiered it here). Is one of those odd instances where you cry and laugh at the same time and you leave feeling a warm in the heart; an istant classic!
Back to top Go down
endless dark
Master
Master
endless dark

Number of posts : 86

WALL-E____ Empty
PostSubject: Re: WALL-E____   WALL-E____ I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 6:48 pm

I saw WAll-e a few times and even if you take out the "eco friends" aspect which I dont think takes a huge part of the story you still have something of a love story and if you want to dull that down you have a lonly robot trying to get some robo action for half a movie you can do this avout 3 or 4 more times taking out and changing things and still find a story which I like because theres rarely ever such a complete story in movies, pixars been good at it.
Back to top Go down
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

Number of posts : 439

WALL-E____ Empty
PostSubject: Re: WALL-E____   WALL-E____ I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 5:42 pm

I loved it. Every frame of the first hour was art, and the idea behind it was beautiful. It makes you look at your Blackberry in a different light.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorteapots.com
Gomez
Witch
Witch
Gomez

Number of posts : 439

WALL-E____ Empty
PostSubject: Re: WALL-E____   WALL-E____ I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 2:46 pm

Nancy Drew

It was as good as I'd hoped.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorteapots.com
Sponsored content

WALL-E____ Empty
PostSubject: Re: WALL-E____   WALL-E____ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WALL-E____
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GothicRefuge :: Movies, media and music :: Movies-